collapse

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1130209 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #7700 on: July 28, 2020, 11:29:32 AM »

She should have actually involved the cities in the phone call. According to the article, officials in Baltimore and Cleveland - 2 of the cities she named - did not participate in the call and knew nothing about this.

This illustrates the core of our problem.  It isn’t just a Covid issue.  We don’t share necessary information as a society and especially in government.  It’s inexcusable
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #7701 on: July 28, 2020, 12:02:22 PM »
You know guru is right we are just so quick to shut him down because we don't wanna hear his narrative. I'd love to hear him expand on these other brilliant takes from such a wise doctor

Or why she has a GoFundMe account. Grifters gonna grift.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7702 on: July 28, 2020, 12:08:43 PM »
Honestly, the medical profession needs to do a better job of removing people who are clearly not mentally competent from practicing medicine.

Then rural hospitals wouldn't have any doctors or nurses. It's scary the level of care you get in the USA outside of major metro areas.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7703 on: July 28, 2020, 12:50:59 PM »
Or why she has a GoFundMe account. Grifters gonna grift.

Well I mean the lamestream media won't pay her to appear on their shows to spout her well supported alternative facts. So of course she needs one. Anyone who avoided the liberal indoctrination of well respected schools could see that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7704 on: July 28, 2020, 12:56:25 PM »
White House privately warns 11 cities must take “aggressive” action against coronavirus
https://publicintegrity.org/health/coronavirus-and-inequality/warning-from-birx-11-cities-must-take-coronavirus-aggressive-efforts/

Dr. Deborah Birx, a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, warned state and local leaders in a private phone call Wednesday that 11 major cities are seeing increases in the percentage of tests coming back positive for COVID-19 and should take “aggressive” steps to mitigate their outbreaks.

The cities she identified were Baltimore, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.

The call was yet another private warning about the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreaks given to local officials but not the public at large. It came less than a week after the Center for Public Integrity revealed that the White House compiled a detailed report showing 18 states were in the “red zone” for coronavirus cases but did not release it publicly.

But if schools in those cities don't open to full in-person education ... hasn't the president threatened to withhold funding from such districts?

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7705 on: July 28, 2020, 01:18:30 PM »
Bike shops in my area have a months-long wait list for new bikes, and even getting parts to repair an old bike can take weeks.

Same here. I need some work done that exceeds my skill level, so I made an appointment. Usually I can get in within a couple of days. This year, they're booked almost a month out....

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7706 on: July 28, 2020, 01:40:02 PM »
Four more Marlins players test positive - bringing the current total to 15 players and 2 coaches.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29552219/sources-four-more-marlins-test-positive-coronavirus-total-17

The Marlins have now had 17 people test positive in the past five days. On Monday, the total of confirmed cases stood at 11 players and two coaches.

A majority of Washington Nationals players have voted against traveling to Miami for this weekend's three-game series against the Marlins, sources confirmed to ESPN. However, the decision on whether the games are played rests with Major League Baseball, not the Nationals.

---------

Can't blame the Nationals for not wanting to go to Miami. As a matter of fact, I can't imagine any team being excited about going there...or Houston...or Phoenix. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds. As I understand it, there were very few open dates to begin with, so rescheduling would be problematic.

Should have followed the NBA bubble model....

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7707 on: July 28, 2020, 01:49:17 PM »
Apparently they have cancelled all Marlins' games through the end of the weekend.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #7708 on: July 28, 2020, 01:49:57 PM »
In retrospect, it probably would have been a better idea to schedule more double headers with more off days.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #7709 on: July 28, 2020, 02:37:10 PM »
I learned of some new shortages over the weekend.  I went paddle boarding with the family on Long Island Sound.  Our acquaintance there said it's been a crazy year.  People were desperate to get out of the house and they were slammed with renters the begging of May and people had no problem going in the Sound despite the water still being cold in May.  Also said there is a paddle board and kayak shortage.  The manufacturers are way back ordered as everyone wants to purchase now and compounded by the factories being closed for awhile.  She normally sells the current year ones as used at the end of the season but can't this year because there's no guarantee there will be new ones available to replace by spring.  If any become available the manufacturers sell to the large store retailers like Dick's, but not not the small shops.

My wife and I have been unable to get free weights (barbells) as they are sold out everywhere, even on Amazon. One fitness supply shop we went to had some kettle bells and the owner told us he didn't remember ordering them specifically, just saying "send me what you have." Peloton bike and treadmill orders skyrocketed (glad I bought stock when I couldn't get the bike) with waits as long as 3 months - we won't get ours for another five weeks. Bike shops are cleared out too.  I was able to get my bike repaired in 48 hours over the weekend, but usually that's a place that can do the repair while I wait.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

• All American
« Reply #7710 on: July 28, 2020, 02:40:57 PM »
My wife and I have been unable to get free weights (barbells) as they are sold out everywhere, even on Amazon. One fitness supply shop we went to had some kettle bells and the owner told us he didn't remember ordering them specifically, just saying "send me what you have." Peloton bike and treadmill orders skyrocketed (glad I bought stock when I couldn't get the bike) with waits as long as 3 months - we won't get ours for another five weeks. Bike shops are cleared out too.  I was able to get my bike repaired in 48 hours over the weekend, but usually that's a place that can do the repair while I wait.

I've been using extra landscaping bricks as my free weights.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #7711 on: July 28, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »
We are in the market for a new bike for my teenage daughter. Since she drives, we aren't looking for anything fancy. But oh my, entry level bike prices have skyrocketed. Yikes!

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #7712 on: July 28, 2020, 02:48:01 PM »
Same here. I need some work done that exceeds my skill level, so I made an appointment. Usually I can get in within a couple of days. This year, they're booked almost a month out....

Try finding a 4-bike hitch rack right now. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7713 on: July 28, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »

I spent last week's staycation cleaning my basement after 20 years of out grown collected kids toys, clothes and other items, holiday decorations, books and a zillion other things.
I located my old school free weights.  They have never been used since I moved into my house in 1998.  They migrated from my mom's house at that time from where they were rarely used since purchased circa 1985. 
If some of you lived closer I may willing to sell inexpensively.  The weight bench itself is still at my mom's where it's being used as a storage shelf.

On second thought maybe I want to sell on e-bay after finding this with a shortage.  Damn! 
This is sort of what it looks like.  Mine is smaller and the weights are concrete donuts encased in plastic.
https://www.ebay.com/i/121962061340?chn=ps

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7714 on: July 28, 2020, 03:38:12 PM »
Moved.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:01:34 PM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7715 on: July 28, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
As Trump called on states to reopen, a federal report urged 21 ‘red zone’ states to impose more restrictions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/world/coronavirus-covid-19.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage#link-1e0e9a70

A new federal report found that the number of states with outbreaks serious enough to place them in the “red zone” had grown to 21, and urged officials in them to impose more restrictions.

The 21 states now in the “red zone” — Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin — were designated as such because they had more than 100 new cases per 100,000 people in the past week. Three more states were added to the most serious category since a similar report dated July 14: Missouri, North Dakota and Wisconsin.

The findings in the new report, which contained profiles of each state, were sent to state officials by the White House’s coronavirus task force and obtained by The New York Times.

-----------------

So...the White House's own coronavirus task force is saying 21 states are in the 'red zone' and calling on those states and more to impose more restrictions while POTUS continues to call for all schools to open?!?!?

They don't have a coordinated plan even within the White House...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7716 on: July 28, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
As Trump called on states to reopen, a federal report urged 21 ‘red zone’ states to impose more restrictions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/world/coronavirus-covid-19.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage#link-1e0e9a70

A new federal report found that the number of states with outbreaks serious enough to place them in the “red zone” had grown to 21, and urged officials in them to impose more restrictions.

The 21 states now in the “red zone” — Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin — were designated as such because they had more than 100 new cases per 100,000 people in the past week. Three more states were added to the most serious category since a similar report dated July 14: Missouri, North Dakota and Wisconsin.

The findings in the new report, which contained profiles of each state, were sent to state officials by the White House’s coronavirus task force and obtained by The New York Times.

-----------------

So...the White House's own coronavirus task force is saying 21 states are in the 'red zone' and calling on those states and more to impose more restrictions while POTUS continues to call for all schools to open?!?!?

They don't have a coordinated plan even within the White House...

It’s not surprising in the least and why we are where we are. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7717 on: July 28, 2020, 05:25:19 PM »
It’s not surprising in the least and why we are where we are.

You are right - it isn't surprising. And that is appalling.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7718 on: July 28, 2020, 10:04:54 PM »

I'm excited for the garage sales in a year or two where I can get like new free weights and kayaks for next to nothing.  ;D

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7719 on: July 29, 2020, 09:24:47 AM »
Texas congressman who's refused to wear a mask in the Capitol and elsewhere tests positive for corona.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #7720 on: July 29, 2020, 12:43:47 PM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7721 on: July 29, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »
This is interesting and kind of baffling
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/asia/india-mumbai-slum-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

But given gaps in medicine and likely testing/reporting in that country, large grains of salt must accompany any info coming out of Mumbai

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7722 on: July 29, 2020, 02:14:26 PM »
Texas congressman who's refused to wear a mask in the Capitol and elsewhere tests positive for corona.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/29/louis-gohmert-who-refused-to-wear-a-mask-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-386076
It gets worse...

"Gohmert, 66, said in a televised interview that he wonders if he may have caught the virus from wearing his mask.

'I can’t help but wonder ... if I injected the virus into my mask when I was moving,' he said in an interview."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/29/louie-gohmert-coronavirus/amp/
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #7723 on: July 29, 2020, 02:20:33 PM »
Gohmert has been a huge hydroxy believer.  Let's see how this pans out.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7724 on: July 29, 2020, 03:39:18 PM »
It gets worse...

"Gohmert, 66, said in a televised interview that he wonders if he may have caught the virus from wearing his mask.

'I can’t help but wonder ... if I injected the virus into my mask when I was moving,' he said in an interview."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/29/louie-gohmert-coronavirus/amp/

Louie Gohmert is also affectionately known as America's Dumbest Congressperson.

feedback