[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-2023 NFL Season  (Read 126105 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: 2022-2023 NFL Season
« Reply #2050 on: January 03, 2023, 07:56:20 AM »
I think part of the problem is that the field was not designed to be played on in 20 degree temperatures.     Honestly, how often does that happen in Carolina?     So, a weather scenario that had not been planned for happened and the field was a nightmare.    Pretty straightforward.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2051 on: January 03, 2023, 09:00:28 AM »
They have to declare this a no contest or a tie. The Bills aren’t likely to be ready mentally to play next Sunday, though they will have to barring this doesn’t take a more tragic turn. Trying to manipulate the schedule at this point doesn’t make any sense.

It seems virtually impossible for multiple reasons for this game to ever be concluded. Even removing the mental/emotional considerations (which are #1 here), there’s zero dates/time to make a conclusion work logistically. You’re absolutely right, I don’t know how the Bills focus on prep for their game with the Patriots in five days, let alone find time to go back to Cincinnati.

Unless I’m missing a small vocal minority, it seems near unanimous to just call it a tie.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2052 on: January 03, 2023, 09:07:16 AM »
It seems virtually impossible for multiple reasons for this game to ever be concluded. Even removing the mental/emotional considerations (which are #1 here), there’s zero dates/time to make a conclusion work logistically. You’re absolutely right, I don’t know how the Bills focus on prep for their game with the Patriots in five days, let alone find time to go back to Cincinnati.

Unless I’m missing a small vocal minority, it seems near unanimous to just call it a tie.

If you call a tie, it gives the division to the Bengals. I'm guessing they call it no contest and next week is for the AFC North.

They'll have to figure out tiebreakers for the one seed, but that's far and away better than trying to force this game

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2053 on: January 03, 2023, 09:09:28 AM »
If you call a tie, it gives the division to the Bengals. I'm guessing they call it no contest and next week is for the AFC North.

They'll have to figure out tiebreakers for the one seed, but that's far and away better than trying to force this game

Ahh, you’re right, that’s my bad. Good call.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2054 on: January 03, 2023, 09:29:45 AM »
I think part of the problem is that the field was not designed to be played on in 20 degree temperatures.     Honestly, how often does that happen in Carolina?     So, a weather scenario that had not been planned for happened and the field was a nightmare.    Pretty straightforward.   

We get 30 and under fairly often. And players were complaining about this turf well before that game. That game just really put the exclamation point on it.

If all the owner cares about is money, fine. Be honest, and don't say you actually prioritize the health of your players.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2055 on: January 03, 2023, 09:43:53 AM »

And I bet if you polled the coaches and players from all the other teams impacted negatively by a "no contest" decision, they would be unanimously supportive.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2056 on: January 03, 2023, 09:49:45 AM »
This is why I said there are no good answers.  Last night's game had seeding implications.  All answers have implications and downsides.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2057 on: January 03, 2023, 10:09:58 AM »
We get 30 and under fairly often. And players were complaining about this turf well before that game. That game just really put the exclamation point on it.

If all the owner cares about is money, fine. Be honest, and don't say you actually prioritize the health of your players.

I'm also old enough to remember when owners were cheap for not installing field turf, and were putting players at risk by holding games on grass fields that were ripped up from torrential rains or high school championships. The backlash against field turf has been pretty sudden, and it may be correct, but blaming this solely on money is a "when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail" reaction.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2058 on: January 03, 2023, 10:14:15 AM »
The more I think about it, the NFL should postpone week 18 by a week, and do away with the bye week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2059 on: January 03, 2023, 10:55:28 AM »
I'm also old enough to remember when owners were cheap for not installing field turf, and were putting players at risk by holding games on grass fields that were ripped up from torrential rains or high school championships. The backlash against field turf has been pretty sudden, and it may be correct, but blaming this solely on money is a "when you're a hammer everything looks like a nail" reaction.

Soldier Field has been bad, whether artificial or natural. Plenty of other grass fields have been very good, from Lambeau up north to most of the warm-weather sites.

In Charlotte, we have advantages of moderate climate, no drought conditions, etc. There was never a problem maintaining the grass field for decades. Adding a couple dozen soccer games and a few other events a year shouldn't change that (as long as monster trucks and the like aren't among them); it would just make it somewhat more expensive. Tepper obviously has the money to do it.

The players -- guys who have played on both the grass before this season and now the artificial stuff -- are begging for the return to grass. They are saying that injuries are worse and recovery time is longer. McCaffrey, who was never a "rock the boat" guy, also said it before he was traded. Value your players; go back to grass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2060 on: January 03, 2023, 11:00:53 AM »
Soldier Field has been bad, whether artificial or natural. Plenty of other grass fields have been very good, from Lambeau up north to most of the warm-weather sites.

In Charlotte, we have advantages of moderate climate, no drought conditions, etc. There was never a problem maintaining the grass field for decades. Adding a couple dozen soccer games and a few other events a year shouldn't change that (as long as monster trucks and the like aren't among them); it would just make it somewhat more expensive. Tepper obviously has the money to do it.

The players -- guys who have played on both the grass before this season and now the artificial stuff -- are begging for the return to grass. They are saying that injuries are worse and recovery time is longer. McCaffrey, who was never a "rock the boat" guy, also said it before he was traded. Value your players; go back to grass.
Justin Jefferson on line 1 for you.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2061 on: January 03, 2023, 11:18:52 AM »
Justin Jefferson on line 1 for you.

Only the parts the Packers watered down were bad.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2062 on: January 03, 2023, 12:33:05 PM »

The solution, if they really want one, is to move the start of the playoffs back a week, play this game on Jan. 15 and eliminate the Sunday off before the Super Bowl, i.e. the Pro Bowl week.

Edit: I see you later suggested this.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2063 on: January 03, 2023, 01:02:25 PM »
The solution, if they really want one, is to move the start of the playoffs back a week, play this game on Jan. 15 and eliminate the Sunday off before the Super Bowl, i.e. the Pro Bowl week.

Do we know if all of the venues would be available?

• All American
« Reply #2064 on: January 03, 2023, 01:10:17 PM »
Do we know if all of the venues would be available?

I really, really doubt they are going to change the schedule up. The NFL likes the two weeks in between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl.  (ETA on how long this prediction will be wrong?)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2065 on: January 03, 2023, 02:07:24 PM »

I've read they actually really need two weeks to prep everything for the Superbowl.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2066 on: January 03, 2023, 02:29:51 PM »
I've read they actually really need two weeks to prep everything for the Superbowl.

I think they want/prefer it, but they don't need it. Both the 2002 and 2003 Super Bowls were played a week after the conference championship games.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2067 on: January 03, 2023, 02:44:21 PM »

In the city/at the field?  Because Glendale will not be hosting a conference championship game this year, so they'll be able to start preparing a week from yesterday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2068 on: January 03, 2023, 03:20:36 PM »
Panthers owner has already spoken to Harbaugh about the team's coaching vacancy, Charlotte Observer reports.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2069 on: January 03, 2023, 03:23:01 PM »
Panthers owner has already spoken to Harbaugh about the team's coaching vacancy, Charlotte Observer reports.
Him and the Denver Broncos owner. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2070 on: January 03, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »
Him and the Denver Broncos owner.
Does he get the Wal-Mart employee discount? Could set him up with tan Dockers for life.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2071 on: January 03, 2023, 07:03:59 PM »
In the city/at the field?  Because Glendale will not be hosting a conference championship game this year, so they'll be able to start preparing a week from yesterday.

Also no Pro Bowl that really needs dedicated attention

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2072 on: January 03, 2023, 07:09:10 PM »

Maybea he kan higher his BIL two. Dude kneeds a patchek two, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2073 on: January 03, 2023, 08:40:47 PM »
Have to think that at this point, the NFL intends on concluding Bills/Bengals.

I know this may sound crappy to say, but I honestly think a big part of the reason is that Bills/Bengals is the final game of fantasy/best ball seasons.

• All American
« Reply #2074 on: January 04, 2023, 03:46:46 AM »
Have to think that at this point, the NFL intends on concluding Bills/Bengals.

I know this may sound crappy to say, but I honestly think a big part of the reason is that Bills/Bengals is the final game of fantasy/best ball seasons.

They’re going to have to announce something today right?

feedback