collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-2023 NFL Season  (Read 125931 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2022-2023 NFL Season
« Reply #1425 on: November 13, 2022, 03:52:42 PM »
LOL! If it helps you sleep at night feel free to tell yourself that but boy. That is a take.

If the Packers called the Bears and salary cap doesn’t matter, and said “we’ll trade Rodgers for Fields”, the Bears would hang up on them.

This is great by the way, thank you for the laughs here!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1426 on: November 13, 2022, 03:55:02 PM »
If the Packers called the Bears and salary cap doesn’t matter, and said “we’ll trade Rodgers for Fields”, the Bears would hang up on them.

This is great by the way, thank you for the laughs here!

Well no sh!t. If I had a terrible team and had an elite running back playing quarterback I wouldn’t trade him for Rodgers either. Rodgers is like 20 years older. That’s not what your claim was. But yeah you definitely needed to shift the goal posts because people were already laughing at you.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 03:57:16 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: November 13, 2022, 04:00:50 PM »
Well no sh!t. If I had a terrible team and had an elite running back playing quarterback I wouldn’t trade him for Rodgers either. Rodgers is like 20 years older. That’s not what your claim was. But yeah you definitely needed to shift the goal posts because people were already laughing at you.

What goalposts did I shift? He has had the highest QBR among ANY QB in the NFL the last 5 weeks. Fact.

Who laughed at me?

You got all bent out of shape because I said Fields is the best QB in the division (spoiler alert: he is).

You do you, pal. Again THANK YOU for the laughs. Enjoy your Sunday bro.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1428 on: November 13, 2022, 04:01:54 PM »
What goalposts did I shift? He has had the highest QBR among ANY QB in the NFL the last 5 weeks. Fact.

Who laughed at me?

You got all bent out of shape because I said Fields is the best QB in the division (spoiler alert: he is).

Fields has improved leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year.  Credit to the staff and him.  Packers fans know the end is near
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1429 on: November 13, 2022, 04:05:51 PM »

Who laughed at me?

Who the best QB in the division is has nothing to do with who you want for the entire rest of your franchise. Glad you shifted the goalposts.

But hey if you think Cooper Rush, Jicoby Brissett, Marcus Marriotta, and Geno Smith are four of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll just say you’re right, I can’t argue with you. Lol
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1430 on: November 13, 2022, 04:13:26 PM »
Who the best QB in the division is has nothing to do with who you want for the entire rest of your franchise. Glad you shifted the goalposts.

But hey if you think Cooper Rush, Jicoby Brissett, Marcus Marriotta, and Geno Smith are four of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll just say you’re right, I can’t argue with you. Lol

That’s it? That’s all you got? I’m offended, you’re better than that Wades.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: November 13, 2022, 04:24:05 PM »
That’s it? That’s all you got? I’m offended, you’re better than that Wades.

Like I said. No arguments. Rush, Brissett, Marriotta, Smith too 10 QBs. I was wrong.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1432 on: November 13, 2022, 04:41:11 PM »
Ford is obviously not as good as he looks today, but did we really have to put up with 9 games of Darnell Savage at safety?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1433 on: November 13, 2022, 04:49:09 PM »
LOL! If it helps you sleep at night feel free to tell yourself that but boy. That is a take.

But boy?  In 2022?  For shame.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: November 13, 2022, 05:21:01 PM »
If Watson can develop some ball skills, he could be a heck of a WR. Unfortunately, players don't often develop ball skills at this point of their career.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1435 on: November 13, 2022, 05:25:54 PM »
Who is the worst Rodgers in GB?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1436 on: November 13, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »
I’m not sure Josh McDaniels is employed tomorrow.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1437 on: November 14, 2022, 07:39:16 AM »
Behind a paywall so I won't post it, but a Detroit Free Press columnist has an article today saying that the Lions won't succeed until they ditch Goff and find their Fields.  I laughed for  several reasons.
1.  As if the Lions can find success.  Please.   Sanders, Megatron, Stafford ... another Fields can't fix the Lions.
2.  The outsider, big picture perspective about Fields vs the scoop message board perspective.    Give the kid time to learn and grow.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 10:42:17 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1438 on: November 14, 2022, 08:09:03 AM »
This board has had quite a range of opinions on Fields.

Last season and even into the early part of this season, the general feeling, even from Bears fans, seemed to be that he couldn't be a QB for an NFL team that actually hoped to win. But in the space of a month or so, he's become the next great thing. All of those are generalizations; I know that some Scoopers had more nuanced views.

I'm not a Bears fan, but I've had opinions on Fields too. I was relieved when the Panthers didn't draft him because his work at Ohio State didn't lead me to believe he'd be a franchise QB, and nothing we saw through the early part of this season made me feel my team had missed out on anything. I don't see Bears games where I live, so all I see are the highlights, and he sure has had a lot of those the past many weeks. What I'll say now is, "We'll see." There have been a lot of Next Steve Youngs and Next Michael Vicks, and few actually become anything close. But maybe Fields will be that good, and if I were a Bears fan I'd finally have some hope.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1439 on: November 14, 2022, 08:11:43 AM »

Last season and even into the early part of this season, the general feeling, even from Bears fans, seemed to be that he couldn't be a QB for an NFL team that actually hoped to win. But in the space of a month or so, he's become the next great thing. All of those are generalizations; I know that some Scoopers had more nuanced views.

I'm not a Bears fan, but I've had opinions on Fields too. I was relieved when the Panthers didn't draft him because his work at Ohio State didn't lead me to believe he'd be a franchise QB, and nothing we saw through the early part of this season made me feel my team had missed out on anything. I don't see Bears games where I live, so all I see are the highlights, and he sure has had a lot of those the past many weeks. What I'll say now is, "We'll see." There have been a lot of Next Steve Youngs and Next Michael Vicks, and few actually become anything close. But maybe Fields will be that good, and if I were a Bears fan I'd finally have some hope.

Yeah I most definitely get the excitement, but I just don't know if this was of playing QB is sustainable long-term. We will see.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1440 on: November 14, 2022, 08:15:44 AM »

The excitement comes from the week-to-week improvement.  Earlier in the year, it didn’t look like his decision making process was quick enough for the NFL.  At the moment, it appears the game is slowing down for him.

He still has a lack of playmakers around him and bad o-line in front of him.

Is it sustainable?  That’s a very fair question and at some point, he’ll have to learn throwing it away is ok versus forcing passes or taking a big hit.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: November 14, 2022, 08:53:52 AM »
He's a great running back.

Obviously if you're building an NFC North franchise from the ground up he's the QB you'd want out of all the NFC North QBs.  He's 23 and, again, an elite running back.  You can build a competent offensive scheme around that skill.

But the idea that he's currently the best QB in the NFC North today is...well, laughable doesn't even describe it.  If you got down to Championship weekend and stripped each team of their QB and said, "You need to select one NFC North QB to play this week and in the Super Bowl, and after that everything is back to how your roster is going forward" 32/32 GMs are taking Rodgers 1, Cousins 2, Fields 3, Goff 4.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1442 on: November 14, 2022, 09:14:39 AM »
He's a great running back.

Obviously if you're building an NFC North franchise from the ground up he's the QB you'd want out of all the NFC North QBs.  He's 23 and, again, an elite running back.  You can build a competent offensive scheme around that skill.

But the idea that he's currently the best QB in the NFC North today is...well, laughable doesn't even describe it.  If you got down to Championship weekend and stripped each team of their QB and said, "You need to select one NFC North QB to play this week and in the Super Bowl, and after that everything is back to how your roster is going forward" 32/32 GMs are taking Rodgers 1, Cousins 2, Fields 3, Goff 4.

Rodgers is a loser

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1443 on: November 14, 2022, 09:19:52 AM »
Fields has been a dude lately. I just have an issue trusting QBs that are better runners than passers. They are fun to watch (watching Manziel was some of my favorite college football memories) and can win you a good amount of games, but I don't think they can win you a super bowl. Russell Wilson is the only one I can think of to ever win the big one. Kaep, Newton, and McNabb are the only other ones I can think of who made it to the Super Bowl. I also think they have a much shorter shelf life than other QBs.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1444 on: November 14, 2022, 09:23:08 AM »
What has me most excited about Fields is over the last month +, has been his development in the pocket. As he's gained confidence and continued to develop, his pocket presence, his throws, his accuracy have all dramatically improved. He is showing a lot of signs of becoming a dude, but he isn't there yet. The pick he threw was terrible, you can't do that. The problem had been those decisions in the past would manifest themselves and lead to another turnover, or poor decisions.

Talent around you matters as a QB. I know stats aren't everyone's favorite measurement, and you can have hot takes on Kmet and Mooney, but...

Fields targets Kmet/Mooney: 8.3 Yards per Attempt, 66% completion rate, 1st down rate 36%
Fields targets anyone else: 6.4 Yards per Attempt, 53% completion rate, 1st down rate 24%

Arguably the best throw Fields has made the last month was the 4th down pass to essentially end the game last week against Miami, which was a perfectly placed bullet that St. Brown dropped.

Great description of Fields in the pocket: https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1591934683016990720

I don't want anyone on here to have a heart attack, but if you want to listen to more Orlovsky on Fields: https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1592158462225436672?cxt=HHwWgMCi8fHrvZgsAAAA

To be clear, I don't think Fields is an MVP candidate (you can't be on a 3-7 team), but he can be in the conversation for OPOY (which I mentioned yesterday). If you don't watch much Bears football, or only watch when your team is in another tv window, or only look at a box score, cool, whatever. But if you're watching him closely week to week, you see it happening as a passer.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1445 on: November 14, 2022, 09:43:26 AM »
What has me most excited about Fields is over the last month +, has been his development in the pocket. As he's gained confidence and continued to develop, his pocket presence, his throws, his accuracy have all dramatically improved. He is showing a lot of signs of becoming a dude, but he isn't there yet. The pick he threw was terrible, you can't do that. The problem had been those decisions in the past would manifest themselves and lead to another turnover, or poor decisions.

The amount of development in his pocket presence and throwing has been remarkable.  He has been changing arm angles and throwing deliveries so intelligently on a consistent basis.  The pick 6 was terrible but his immediate response on the next possession was remarkable.  He's learning and growing SUPER fast in real time and its amazing to watch.

The "great running back" backhanded compliment BS is the same crap that people said about Lamar Jackson.  Despite Lamar having a career 97.5 QB rating, 65% completion percentage, and a better than 2:1 TD to INT ratio in all but one season.

He's an elite runner but acting like he's fatally flawed as a passer in perpetuity is just willful ignorance.  The other thing I love about him as a runner is his willingness to slide, which is so damn important for a mobile QB.  Can't stand him, but thats another thing Russell Wilson has always done well and has helped keep him healthy.

The offensive coaching staff in Chicago deserves IMMENSE kudos.  Its been truly special work

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1446 on: November 14, 2022, 09:51:50 AM »
When do Bears fans want to start seeing some wins from their dude?  I find it hard to reconcile being both super excited about the great progress he's making, but also celebrating the fact that, in large part because of his momentum changing, awful pick 6, the Bears lost to the awful Lions, which helps them get an easier schedule (because teams stay the same year to year, so teams who finished low in the standings will do so next year as well so, easier schedule) and a higher draft pick.

So, is next year the year your dude needs to be better than, like, 5-12?

Also, for as good as Lamar has been, he's 1-3 in career playoff games and has 4 total touchdowns (3 throwing, 1 rushing) to 5 INTs and 5 lost fumbles over those 4 games.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:54:45 AM by WithoutBias »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1447 on: November 14, 2022, 10:05:36 AM »
When do Bears fans want to start seeing some wins from their dude?  I find it hard to reconcile being both super excited about the great progress he's making, but also celebrating the fact that, in large part because of his momentum changing, awful pick 6, the Bears lost to the awful Lions, which helps them get an easier schedule (because teams stay the same year to year, so teams who finished low in the standings will do so next year as well so, easier schedule) and a higher draft pick.

Also, for as good as Lamar has been, he's 1-3 in career playoff games and has 4 total touchdowns (3 throwing, 1 rushing) to 5 INTs and 5 lost fumbles over those 4 games.

We want to see improvement from fields and losses to help in the draft.  Rebuild through the draft and with a tonnof cap space.  70% of the guys on the current roster will be gone next year.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1448 on: November 14, 2022, 10:10:50 AM »

(super pessimistic "Bears have a great chance of being 0-17" fan has entered the chat)
 ::)

This team was never going anywhere this year.  Id like them to win games after they secure another top 10 pick.

And more revisionist history.  Again, the pick 6 was terrible, but the Bears had already let Detroit go 65 yards on 6 plays for a TD the drive before.  The pick 6 wasn't the jolt to jumpstart them.  And, not only that, Fields immediately returned and lead them to a TD to go back up 6 after Santos shanked the XP.  Then the Bears forced a 3 and out right after.  There were 3 full possessions after the Pick 6 where Detroit had no momentum, maybe negative momentum.  The Lions really only showed life after the Bears let them inexplicably complete a 44 yard pass to a nobody backup WR on 3rd and long with 3 min to play.

Since the Commanders game, Fields has been 59/92 for 620 yards with 8 TDs to 2 INTs and a 105 Passer Rating.  Then add 467 yards rushing and another 5 TDs on the ground.  The Bears have averaged 31 points a game.  I'm not sure what else you want him to do or why Bears fans should expect to see "wins from their dude" when the defense has given up 38 points a game the last 3 weeks.  He isn't playing Mike LB or FS.  Besides the fact that the Bears losing for a better draft pick is the best thing for their long term future, I'm not sure why Bears should feel poorly in any way about his performance, given those stats, just cause a bad team isn't winning.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1449 on: November 14, 2022, 10:12:01 AM »
Bears D is horrendous as a unit, talent-wise. Hard to win if you can't stop anyone.

Bears oline is serviceable for the run, super bad in pass pro. I'll judge Fields pure passer ability when he has time/space to throw. If throws are terrible then or making bad reads/decision, it'll be a more accurate assessment.

I don't think he'll ever be Rodgers/Manning/Brady with presnap diagnosis/decision making, and that's okay if he's successful with all the other stuff

feedback