[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-2023 NFL Season  (Read 125946 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2022-2023 NFL Season
« Reply #650 on: August 31, 2022, 07:33:00 PM »
Pineiro was fine for the Bears in 2019. He was 23/28 on FGs. He had stint with the Jets in 2021 and was 8/8 on FGs.

His big issue has been staying healthy. That's how he lost the Bears job. Got hurt in training camp in 2020 and never got his job back from his replacement, Cairo Santos.

Thanks for the info.

I was bummed because the Panthers went through kickers like crazy before they finally got a good one in Gonzalez … and then he gets hurt. So here’s hoping Pineiro kicks well and stays healthy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #651 on: August 31, 2022, 07:58:41 PM »
Any Packers fans under 35 probably didn’t forget their own past, they just weren’t alive for that time.

But yeah, pretty wild Packers fans would show little faith in what the Bears are doing.

If the Bears were chasing 9 wins like usual by building a team through trading draft picks and chasing fancy, big name free agents, I’d be laughing at them, too.

The last real good Bears teams were Lovie’s teams and those teams had a core of homegrown talent with sprinkled in veteran FA’s. 

We can also question the viability of the QB as a franchise player but what the front office has done thus far has been prudent in a market that often crucifies prudent.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »

Exactly.  He's a season removed from being unanimous AA and winning a bunch of CFB awards.  He anchored a dominant OL.  He wasn't some speculative project.  And its not like he has a bunch of red flag character issues.

None of that means anything in the NFL of course, but a disappointing season on a team that had a bunch of issues internally isn't a massive black eye for me.  And add to that McDaniels coming in who likely has a different mindset on OL coming from BB in NE. 

If he doesn't work, NBD.  Otherwise the Bears get a steal of a young talented OL.  He wouldn't be the first lineman to struggle early and then turn into a solid contributor.

Admittedly I only saw him 3 or 4 times last year. Looked exactly like Mandarich as a rookie. He then developed into a below average NFL player.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #653 on: September 01, 2022, 09:14:27 AM »
Admittedly I only saw him 3 or 4 times last year. Looked exactly like Mandarich as a rookie. He then developed into a below average NFL player.

Fair, but Mandrich also had huge substance abuse and attitude issues from the jump.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #654 on: September 01, 2022, 09:36:44 AM »
Yep.  Both culturally and to try and build something meaningful.  They have an absurd amount of cap space next year too.

Exactly.  He's a season removed from being unanimous AA and winning a bunch of CFB awards.  He anchored a dominant OL.  He wasn't some speculative project.  And its not like he has a bunch of red flag character issues.

None of that means anything in the NFL of course, but a disappointing season on a team that had a bunch of issues internally isn't a massive black eye for me.  And add to that McDaniels coming in who likely has a different mindset on OL coming from BB in NE. 

If he doesn't work, NBD.  Otherwise the Bears get a steal of a young talented OL.  He wouldn't be the first lineman to struggle early and then turn into a solid contributor.

He's a mess.
The physical tools are fine, but his technique is awful, his confidence is zero and he's somehow regressed from last year. Two different coaching staffs have worked with him and decided he can't play.
I suspect the Raiders wouldn't be eager to give up on last year's first round pick and eat his signing bonus (and potentially his fully guaranteed contract ... they can thank the Bears for taking them off the hook) if they had any hope the light might go on. And you can talk about a new coaching staff and all, but the reality is a team doesn't cut a 17th overall pick and eat an $8 million signing bonus without the owner signing off on it.
Maybe the light will go on. He was better at guard last year than tackle, so maybe that's where he ends up, where his technical flaws and bad hands/feet won't be so exposed.
My question, though, is why claim him? Let him clear waivers and try to sign him for 1-2 years on the cheap. Instead, the Bears are locked in on what's essentially a 3 year, $6 million fully guaranteed deal.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #655 on: September 01, 2022, 09:44:20 AM »
My question, though, is why claim him? Let him clear waivers and try to sign him for 1-2 years on the cheap. Instead, the Bears are locked in on what's essentially a 3 year, $6 million fully guaranteed deal.

That's a good question, especially knowing now that only the Bears submitted a waiver claim on him.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #656 on: September 01, 2022, 01:42:20 PM »
Is Russell Wilson a HoFer?

Opinions?

Stafford is borderline at best right now and I would put Wilson behind him.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #657 on: September 01, 2022, 02:23:43 PM »

Opinions?

Man its close.  It depends how much you care about counting stats I guess.  Cause Wilson will finish top 10 in TDs, yards, 4th Qtr comebacks.  Figure he has another Pro Bowl or 2 in him, so he'll have 10+ Pro Bowls.

Stafford has him beat in most all counting stats but Pro Bowls, which is wholly not his fault.

I think the next 3-4 years does a lot for both of their legacies.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #658 on: September 01, 2022, 02:47:11 PM »
Man its close.  It depends how much you care about counting stats I guess.  Cause Wilson will finish top 10 in TDs, yards, 4th Qtr comebacks.  Figure he has another Pro Bowl or 2 in him, so he'll have 10+ Pro Bowls.

Stafford has him beat in most all counting stats but Pro Bowls, which is wholly not his fault.

I think they both probably get in with their SB wins.

This tool has Russ closer

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_QB.htm

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #659 on: September 01, 2022, 02:48:35 PM »
I think they both probably get in with their SB wins.

Super Bowl wins and very good stats are a Hall of Fame lock for a QB
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2022, 02:55:10 PM »
If Stafford. had put up the same numbers for any other franchise, it would not even be a discussion.   Do the same thing for a couple more years, get fitted for a blazer.
Alas, even though the Lions literally went more than a decade without winning a game started by another quarterback, even though more than half of his career wins are 4th quarter comebacks, of which he has more than Favre, the utter incompetence of the rest of the franchise put a pall over his HOF stats.   

So glad he went somewhere he could win.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2022, 04:27:23 PM »

He has never been the best or near best at any time in his career, but accumulation of stats will probably get him there

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2022, 05:05:05 PM »
He has never been the best or near best at any time in his career, but accumulation of stats will probably get him there

I hear you, but I don't think the HOF has been predicated on that alone for awhile.  Look at the last classes. 

Issac Bruce was only Second Team All Pro once, made only 4 Pro Bowls in a 15 year career.

Edgerrin James was sensational as a rookie, and a great year 2, but then was always secondary to guys like LT, Shaun Alexander, Curtis Martin, and others through the prime of his career.  But he accumulated a lot of stats playing with Manning.

Andre Reed was really good on good teams, but I don't know if he was "elite".

Wilson is certainly a better QB and had a better career than Joe Namath  ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 05:06:53 PM by JWags85 »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #663 on: September 01, 2022, 05:20:27 PM »
I hear you, but I don't think the HOF has been predicated on that alone for awhile.  Look at the last classes. 

Issac Bruce was only Second Team All Pro once, made only 4 Pro Bowls in a 15 year career.

Edgerrin James was sensational as a rookie, and a great year 2, but then was always secondary to guys like LT, Shaun Alexander, Curtis Martin, and others through the prime of his career.  But he accumulated a lot of stats playing with Manning.

Andre Reed was really good on good teams, but I don't know if he was "elite".

Wilson is certainly a better QB and had a better career than Joe Namath  ;D
Joe Namath had debilitating injuries most of his career . When healthy Broadway Joe was phenomenal .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #664 on: September 01, 2022, 06:34:30 PM »
Joe Namath had debilitating injuries most of his career . When healthy Broadway Joe was phenomenal .

Most overrated QB of all time.  Without a doubt.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #665 on: September 01, 2022, 08:08:29 PM »
Stafford in the HoF? If he ends up with the one SB I have my doubts. I don't think he's ever been considered a top five QB in any of his seasons. Last year he was 8th in Passer Rating. I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Wilson and Burrow ahead of him. Career PR lower than Derek Carr.

I wouldn't argue against him if he makes it as he seems like a nice guy and a very good QB, but I'd don't think of him as great/HoF.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #666 on: September 01, 2022, 09:26:38 PM »

Opinions?

Forget the stats, he should be in the Hall for creating concussion-curing water alone.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #667 on: September 01, 2022, 10:06:04 PM »
Forget the stats, he should be in the Hall for creating concussion-curing water alone.

And being so innovative that he practices talking to the huddle on 1 knee in his solo pregame warmups

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #668 on: September 02, 2022, 12:28:19 PM »
Ted Phillips retiring after this season.  Dare to dream Bears fans, dare to dream.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #669 on: September 06, 2022, 07:10:10 PM »
I think the move to Arlington Heights is great, but NFC North football does not belong in a dome. I know this is all about non football revenue, but it's going to be sad when the Bears are not playing real winter football. That said, they only played one or two games after December 21 anyway.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #670 on: September 06, 2022, 07:17:57 PM »
I think the move to Arlington Heights is great, but NFC North football does not belong in a dome. I know this is all about non football revenue, but it's going to be sad when the Bears are not playing real winter football. That said, they only played one or two games after December 21 anyway.

If the Packers domed Lambeau Field, there would be much outrage. But the tickets would instantly become much more valuable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #671 on: September 06, 2022, 07:25:11 PM »

75% of the NFC will be domed now. When the Packers hit their losing cycle, fans will be clamoring for a dome in Green Bay.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #672 on: September 06, 2022, 07:34:41 PM »
If the Packers domed Lambeau Field, there would be much outrage. But the tickets would instantly become much more valuable.

Absolutely. But in a small market without realistic ability to host a Super Bowl, the incentive is not the same as it is in Chicagoland. It's the right business move, but that doesn't mean it's not a bummer.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #673 on: September 06, 2022, 07:39:02 PM »
Absolutely. But in a small market without realistic ability to host a Super Bowl, the incentive is not the same as it is in Chicagoland. It's the right business move, but that doesn't mean it's not a bummer.

Agreed. Makes sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #674 on: September 07, 2022, 10:43:13 AM »

The death of the whole meme of Bear fans talking about Bear weather and arguing that the deplorable state of Soldier Field's turf is an advantage is cause enough to mourn the move.

feedback