Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: player introduction video needs help  (Read 3294 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
player introduction video needs help
« on: February 23, 2014, 07:53:15 AM »
i don't know about you guys, but i think this years intro video just prior to player introductions is kind of weak.  i think if they would combine part of the one showing our history/retired jerseys,(the old gym-40's-50's-the arena-60's-AL MCGUIRE-80's-the bc-90's-00's-BUZZ WILLIAMS) which they show about 5 minutes before every game and meld that into our modern day players, at practice, studying and highlighting the campus would be pretty cool.  they would have to edit the historical aspect of the one because it is kind of long.  then show our present day guys juxtaposed with everyday life and make it into a big pr thing.  show-off the campus.  yes we do have a decent campus in an urban setting. a number of nice, new buildings-engineering, law, dental, et.al.  they did do that a few years ago showing the players dribbling the ball through different campus settings.  i know this is kind of raw, but i'm sure a lot of you would have different perspectives on how this could be made more effective than the one they show this year. just curious to see what ya'll think...
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
Re: player introduction video needs help
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »
What exactly do you mean by making it "more effective"?  Should it make our opponents cower in fear more when they see it on the Jumbotron?

This year's video isn't my favorite, but it is still better than than any of the intro video of any other college teams' I have seen in the past few years. 
Have some patience, FFS.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 08:11:21 AM »
The player-introduction video should really focus on the players, and this year's video has very few scenes without a player. I like it. It's cheesy, but I think that's kind of the goal. You could merge in the historical stuff, but that takes the focus from the players.

The opening video could use a refresh. Maybe it could lead-in better to the player intros...find some way to end the history video with the player introductions. I'd like to see some attempts at that.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »
The player-introduction video should really focus on the players, and this year's video has very few scenes without a player. I like it. It's cheesy, but I think that's kind of the goal. You could merge in the historical stuff, but that takes the focus from the players.

The opening video could use a refresh. Maybe it could lead-in better to the player intros...find some way to end the history video with the player introductions. I'd like to see some attempts at that.

It's already been refreshed.  Has anyone else noticed that they edited out Jameel McKay wherever they could?
Have some patience, FFS.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »
It's already been refreshed.  Has anyone else noticed that they edited out Jameel McKay wherever they could?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
ok, i should have been more specific when i said "more effective", but i guess that's what i'm looking for in the comments. i was trying to find some of the older ones to reference which i recall seemed to be "more effective"/better thought out  while focusing on the players, jazzing up the crowd, showcasing the university, and if the opposing team was watching, throw a little dagger at them

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »
ok, i should have been more specific when i said "more effective", but i guess that's what i'm looking for in the comments. i was trying to find some of the older ones to reference which i recall seemed to be "more effective"/better thought out  while focusing on the players, jazzing up the crowd, showcasing the university, and if the opposing team was watching, throw a little dagger at them
If the opposing team is watching the intro video, they've got a lousy coach. "Throwing little daggers" usually comes in the form of the team's CGI bus being blown up or their logo shattered and it's always cheesy as hell.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »
I wish MU would make a MKE/MU version of the Bulls opening video.  It'd could be pretty cool
Maigh Eo for Sam

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »
It's just been an underperforming year all the way through.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »
I think Hank and Rick need to be there.
SS Marquette

goan

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 12:56:08 PM »
Yes; Hank and Rick in the video will be nice.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 12:56:48 PM »
Yes; Hank and Rick in the video will be nice.

Are you confusing the timeline video with the player intro video?
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
The 2009-2010 team had history in their video, it's been done.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it25h3pP_eU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it25h3pP_eU</a>

I wish MU would make a MKE/MU version of the Bulls opening video.  It'd could be pretty cool

They did something similar in 2004-2005 (maybe?) where the players were giants walking around Milwaukee. Cannot locate any video.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 02:14:03 PM »
I placed all of the old videos in this thread:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39991.0

The city walk around is the first video.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
Just make it shorter.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
This is also on Buzz...obviously
No Finish Line

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 04:18:56 PM »
thanks titan-now that was what i was talkin about-if some of those didn't give ya goose pimples...i don't care how bad ass the opposing coach is, those videos dared you to look at least once-then we're in your head!!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 05:31:51 PM »
I think when the BMOBC is packed and "Thunderstuck" goes on and on due to the TV break----that is goose bumps for me.

Would love to see Rick in those intros/timeline--great point '77.

However, are these the same people who could not put together 3 minutes of footage for Butch Lee's NCAA 75 greatest players moment??

If so, I have low expectations.