[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette University honors ’70s cop-killer Assata Shakur with mural  (Read 110945 times)

Benny B

• All American
Radical Feminist Lesbian. Gender and Sexuality Scholar. Community Activist. And Pin Up Vamp fueling the lascivious dreams of a thousand men.

Tell me Keefe, how does one reconcile the former with the latter?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American

Just because you aren't into dudes doesn't necessarily mean that you don't want them to be into you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:24:08 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
Are you saying that Assata should be pardoned because we all made mistakes in our youth?

Are you intentionally misinterpreting Boxer in the way that makes him sound extreme and insane? Do you seriously think he was referring to the mistakes of Assata? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he was referring to the mistakes of the students who put up the mural.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Are you saying that Assata should be pardoned because we all made mistakes in our youth?

Given how sarcastic you've been known to be I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that you're smart enough to know I am not. But on the off chance you are just that dumb let me reiterate that I've already said it was very poor taste of the students to put it up. No big donor is going to stop donating because a group of students wanted to be a bit edgy.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
This is why I said your earlier post was asinine because you've repeatedly insinuated that she is somehow associated with the entire left. I wonder how you, rocket surgeon, chicos or muwarrior69 would respond if the left posters spent half as much time as you guys do posting insulting claims from the extremists on your end of the political spectrum.

"insulting claims"? please acknowledge.  i would like to see what you consider insulting because if they are fact, the insult is inward.  plus, this is low hanging fruit.  i'll be the first to join the "insults" if i find similar bone-headed decisions/actions made by "extremists on my end of the political spectrum".  we do eat our own ya know
don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
"insulting claims"? please acknowledge.  i would like to see what you consider insulting because if they are fact, the insult is inward.  plus, this is low hanging fruit.  i'll be the first to join the "insults" if i find similar bone-headed decisions/actions made by "extremists on my end of the political spectrum".  we do eat our own ya know

At work for now so don't have the time to go through the multitude of sweeping statements the four of you make.  But as I said if we spent half as much time doing that as you guys do. Point is I don't have some fascination with blowing things out of proportion to make sweeping statements based on an extremist part.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American

They don't celebrate a White Male Heterosexual Pride Month either!!!

Corrected. I thought the University celebrated diversity. Guess I was wrong.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:33:37 PM by muwarrior69 »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Corrected. I thought the University celebrated diversity. Guess I was wrong.

Eh, cause we white men have had it pretty rough (yes making assumptions, apologies if I'm wrong).
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

I am not the one living the hypocrisy...I am merely pointing out the inherent tension in a radical feminist lesbian who despises the erotic objectification of women posing in sexually provocative images...

You need to address your question to the actor and not the observer...

Death on call

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Again, this is not my perspective or opinion as I feel the same as most of you. 

But, there were four MU administration checks and balances that were in play here that let a molehill become a mountain.  A club sponsor. The Office of Greek Life. The Provost Office. University Communications.  Let alone Facilities.  That becomes Lovell's problem as a leader as that is systemic.  No different than the failure to follow protocol during the alleged sexual assault fiasco.  This is honoring a most wanted criminal.  A two second Wiki search would have uncovered this.

As to donors...you think the Zibler Family (as an example) wants their foundation name linked to this?  Heck, donors had objections to JUCOs on the basketball team. These are elderly people for the most part who want to affect positive change with their legacies. That said, since I first posted, MU has stepped up the active damage control so well played by MU (and voiced by Chicos here).

Also, there are rather large donors in this thread who are upset...so while I am sure there is hyperbole, I think other people in this thread underestimate some influencial people's sentiment.

Benny B

• All American
Given how sarcastic you've been known to be I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that you're smart enough to know I am not. But on the off chance you are just that dumb let me reiterate that I've already said it was very poor taste of the students to put it up. No big donor is going to stop donating because a group of students wanted to be a bit edgy.

I have officially evolved beyond the existential where teal is no longer necessary.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
Leave it to Keefe to put the priorities back in order.

Shoulda posted some Israeli soldier pics doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
Again, this is not my perspective or opinion as I feel the same as most of you. 

But, there were four MU administration checks and balances that were in play here that let a molehill become a mountain.  A club sponsor. The Office of Greek Life. The Provost Office. University Communications.  Let alone Facilities.  That becomes Lovell's problem as a leader as that is systemic.  No different than the failure to follow protocol during the alleged sexual assault fiasco.  This is honoring a most wanted criminal.  A two second Wiki search would have uncovered this.

As to donors...you think the Zibler Family (as an example) wants their foundation name linked to this?  Heck, donors had objections to JUCOs on the basketball team. These are elderly people for the most part who want to affect positive change with their legacies. That said, since I first posted, MU has stepped up the active damage control so well played by MU (and voiced by Chicos here).

Also, there are rather large donors in this thread who are upset...so while I am sure there is hyperbole, I think other people in this thread underestimate some influencial people's sentiment.

I believe you meant "Zilber" family.  Gee, Thanks.  That is going to offend them enough to cut off their support to the school.  The ramifications of your failure to proofread your post are going to shake the very foundations of Zibler hall.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
I have officially evolved beyond the existential where teal is no longer necessary.

What are you?  Star Child?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

Shoulda posted some Israeli soldier pics doe, hey?

6 of one, half dozen of another.

Benny B

• All American
What are you?  Star Child?

I'd prefer if you called me Mr. Zibler.

Warriorfish

• Scholarship Player
Looking at twitter, there are women out there who seem to know Shakur and what happened.  I find it hard to believe that nobody in that goofy gender issues group knew the history of this woman.  I hope Lovell comes down as hard on those that did know as he did on McAdams.  Channel 4 was on campus yesterday but nobody from MU would go on camera.

Angela ‏@sankofa1974  11h11 hours ago
@SykesCharlie Unless you were there and saw events unfold yourself, feel free to stop slandering Assata Shakur. Thanks.

4everwarriors

• All American

Are you deceased too?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Looks like the center's director's head just rolled. 
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

GGGG

• All American

Man...about 48 hours.  That's pretty amazing.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

Loved your wife, Stacey, as the WWE diva.  Any Clooney scoop to share?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

Got Lovell'ed, a'ina?

GGGG

• All American
Got Lovell'ed, a'ina?

That's just f**kin brilliant. 

warriorchick

• All American

Have a link or something?  How do you know about this?
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback