[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 3  (Read 19108 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 3
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2021, 01:08:13 PM »
Apparently, the Republican Unemployment Office was out of women beaters & rapists. ::)

Uneducated: check
Willing to kill strangers: check
Sociopath: check

You can start on Monday, young man.
  You just described the three persons who were shot that night in Kenosha.  Their backgrounds are easy to find. Curious why no one was concerned about "peaceful" riots were Rittenhouse found guilty.
Classic case of tranferring actions to another to obfuscate and denigrate,

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »
Independent journalists provided all of the critical facts and evidence in this case. Without them, corrupt corporate media would have put Rittenhouse behind bars for the rest of his life.

Corporate media and politicians only provided dangerous lies and made up narratives. MSNBC was caught red handed jury tampering.

So, yes it is an enormous problem. It’s encouraging to see that Nicholas Sandmann, the individual who successfully won (hundreds of?) millions in lawsuits from the lies made up by the media, is planning to work with Rittenhouse to accomplish the same.

Source:
https://twitter.com/n1cksandmann/status/1461967317592649728?s=21

I’m really hoping to see some major accountability and some people, such as the MSNBC manager who authorized the jury intimidation, to face very serious consequences.

I also want to see the prosecutors testify under oath about that one video and lose their careers and face consequences should they be found guilty.

There’s a lot of justice that still needs to take place.

💯

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2021, 02:10:51 PM »
Congresspeople and governors advocating for future violence:

Following a not-guilty verdict in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse on Friday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn offered the 18-year-old an internship and told people on Instagram to “be armed, be dangerous and be moral.”

Other politicians have thrown their support toward Rittenhouse as well.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told his supporters in a fundraising email that Rittenhouse “did what we should want citizens to do in such a situation: step forward to defend the community against mob violence,” according to the news website Florida Politics.

Rep. Matt Gaetz told Newsmax that Rittenhouse deserved a not-guilty verdict and also said he would consider giving him an internship.

Good to know that if antifa showed up on Jan. 6 and just started shooting to protect democracy from "mob violence," and their attorneys were able to provide some definition of "self defense," these douchenozzles would have happily applauded them for being "armed, dangerous and moral."

And apparently, getting Floridians killed by COVID-19 isn't enough for DeSantis. He wants to get them gunned down by vigilantes, too.

Have a day Olberman!!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2021, 03:37:56 PM »
Have a day Olberman!!

Rittenhouse’s attorney had very similar sentiments. 

“They're raising money on it and you have all these Republican congressmen saying come work for me,” Richards said to Insider following Rittenhouse’s acquittal Friday. “They want to trade on his celebrity and I think it's disgusting.” The remarks came following offers from far-right lawmakers such as Reps. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), and Matt Gaetz (R-FL), who bantered on Twitter about who could scoop up the conservative poster child. Richards did not mince words for Donald Trump, Jr., either, after he tweeted—and deleted—that a gun rights organization would send Rittenhouse an AR-15. “He’s an idiot. I don't have to expand on that because it speaks for itself,” he said.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »
Independent journalists provided all of the critical facts and evidence in this case. Without them, corrupt corporate media would have put Rittenhouse behind bars for the rest of his life.

Corporate media and politicians only provided dangerous lies and made up narratives. MSNBC was caught red handed jury tampering.

So, yes it is an enormous problem. It’s encouraging to see that Nicholas Sandmann, the individual who successfully won (hundreds of?) millions in lawsuits from the lies made up by the media, is planning to work with Rittenhouse to accomplish the same.

Source:
https://twitter.com/n1cksandmann/status/1461967317592649728?s=21

I’m really hoping to see some major accountability and some people, such as the MSNBC manager who authorized the jury intimidation, to face very serious consequences.

I also want to see the prosecutors testify under oath about that one video and lose their careers and face consequences should they be found guilty.

There’s a lot of justice that still needs to take place.

A producer from MSNBC followed the bus taking the jurors to their hotel.  In no, way, shape or form is that "tampering" or is it "intimidation."  Stop being ridiculous.

It was clearly inappropriate and the judge rightfully admonished him for it.

I love how people claim the bias of the media, but then clearly show their bias while criticizing them, with no sense of irony.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2021, 05:19:09 PM »
He was actually a freelancer to boot.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2021, 05:40:54 PM »
Except they weren’t in a hotel.  He was following them to their homes.  And the free lancer was instructed to do so by the producer at MSNBC.  I wouldn’t die on this hill.  Clear violation. 
Ludum habemus.

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2021, 06:07:36 PM »
Except they weren’t in a hotel.  He was following them to their homes.  And the free lancer was instructed to do so by the producer at MSNBC.  I wouldn’t die on this hill.  Clear violation. 

I assumed they went to a hotel because he was following their bus.

And I said it was a violation. It just wasn’t tampering or intimidation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2021, 06:29:56 PM »

Nicholas Sandmann, the individual who successfully won (hundreds of?) millions in lawsuits from the lies made up by the media,

link please

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2021, 06:38:11 PM »
People:  The media is the problem, if you just follow the facts, this was the right decision

Same People:  You know the guys he shot were bad people right?

lol

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2021, 06:40:55 PM »
People:  The media is the problem, if you just follow the facts, this was the right decision

Same People:  You know the guys he shot were bad people right?

lol

To be fair, both of those can be true.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2021, 06:44:42 PM »
Have a day Olberman!!

Thanks hoopaloop!!

Republican politicians making bank on a guy who killed 2 people and who abused a woman. Which shouldn't be surprising since 2 of them have been accused of abusing women. And one of them is openly telling his fellow douchenozzles to "be armed, be dangerous."

As reinko said, even Rittenhouse's lawyer says your heroes are disgusting ... and that DFT Jr. is an "idiot," which is indisputably true.

But you be you, and Q be Q, and that's all you need to make you happy!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2021, 06:46:25 PM »
To be fair, both of those can be true.

I agree.  But one is a fact of the case, the other is gleaned form media.  hence the lol.  Guess this isn't obvious to people.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2021, 07:59:34 PM »
I agree.  But one is a fact of the case, the other is gleaned form media.  hence the lol.  Guess this isn't obvious to people.

"The other is gleaned from the media".  What specifically are you referring to here?  We do know some pretty disturbing facts about those that were killed.do we not?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2021, 08:04:40 PM »
Isn't Rittenhouse too young for Gaetz?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2021, 09:29:50 PM »
We do know some pretty disturbing facts about those that were killed.do we not?

And should that have any bearing on whether or not killing them was justified?

My lol, is because people love to say media is the problem, and then refer to their backgrounds, when that wasn't any part of the case.  Maybe a "bonus" for society, but that wasn't for Rittenhouse to judge, nor anything he knew when he shot. 

So my point is, don't complain about "media" when you're citing facts irrelevant to the case...that you got from the media.

• All American
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2021, 09:36:33 PM »

My lol, is because people love to say media is the problem, and then refer to their backgrounds, when that wasn't any part of the case.  Maybe a "bonus" for society, but that wasn't for Rittenhouse to judge, nor anything he knew when he shot. 

So my point is, don't complain about "media" when you're citing facts irrelevant to the case...that you got from the media.

Exactly.

For instance, don't be saying that the police were told to "stand down," when that was never the case.

But you heard that once from....the media.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2021, 09:37:26 PM »
I assumed they went to a hotel because he was following their bus.

Hotel? The jury wasn’t sequestered.

• All American
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2021, 09:40:24 PM »
Hotel? The jury wasn’t sequestered.

Yes.  That has been established.  I had assumed so because they supposedly took a bus somewhere.

But a producer following a bus is not "tampering" nor is it "intimidation."

And actually is an exercise in freedom of the press...but I guess that's not something we care about anymore.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2021, 09:44:32 PM »

That's correct.  It has no bearing on the shooting itself.  But there's a difference between citing actual facts that are verifiable vs a narrative propagated by the media.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2021, 09:48:32 PM »

Yes.  That has been established.  I had assumed so because they supposedly took a bus somewhere.

And actually is an exercise in freedom of the press...but I guess that's not something we care about anymore.

You think MSNBC was trying to find out where the jurors lived because it was in the public’s interest and it was their right to know not an attempt at intimidation? That’s a bridge too far for me.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2021, 09:53:01 PM »
That's correct.  It has no bearing on the shooting itself.  But there's a difference between citing actual facts that are verifiable vs a narrative propagated by the media.

lol, ok boss

• All American
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2021, 09:54:30 PM »
You think MSNBC was trying to find out where the jurors lived because it was in the public’s interest and it was their right to know not an attempt at intimidation? That’s a bridge too far for me.

I mean did they publish an address or anything like that?  Or their names?  Even since the end of the trial?

Of course not. No one was, or has been, intimidated. It’s a dumb assertion that’s not backed up by any facts.

And freedom of the press isn’t bound by public interest. Otherwise many media outlets would have been shut down by now.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2021, 10:00:19 PM »
lol, ok boss

Rocky, there are numerous examples of people creating a narrative in the media during and after the verdict.  There's no reason to go into it but that's completely different than talking about specific facts.
Whether it be the criminal records of those killed or Rittenhouse lying about specific details of his life.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2021, 10:05:32 PM »

Disagree.  The assumption is the journalist was following the van to determine the addresses/identities of jurors.  Attorneys on both sides, and the judge and jurors were targeted and subjected to unwarranted flak. We need to protect the sanctity of the jury process. It’s the cornerstone of our democracy. So some asshat following them home isn’t intimidation while they are deliberating?  I can’t even reply to a juror that says “hello” on the elevator while trying a case without being sanctioned if called on it. Wait until the case is over before any attempt to communicate with jurors.
Ludum habemus.

feedback