'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scholl On Homer Radio Show  (Read 10625 times)

lostpassword

• Starter
Re: Scholl On Homer Radio Show
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2021, 10:27:01 AM »
How is someone not on the inside supposed to know who is right?

I think both can be right.  In one of Scholl's interviews (don't recall if the Homer one or media availability) he made a clear demarcation between the questions of (1) whether Wojo should be coach next year and once that decision was made (2) whether the university could afford it.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was an intention to move and then the uproar of the past few days (including the article) provided the resources act on that intention.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »
I imagine it’s much simpler then whatever theories people have.

Bottom line is Wojo was never Scholl’s hire.
He became his guy when he extended him. I'm sure whoever the donors are that had to fork over the buyout money are a little miffed by that.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2021, 10:40:13 AM »
No, Marquette University did not make a multimillion dollar decision in a span of 24 hours based on the posting of a fan blog.
Never said that. I said it mattered. It was part of the equation even if a small part.
No Finish Line

Doo

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »
No one asked...
Ok, why are you 100% certain that the PT article was “scary” significant in Wojo’s firing? 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2021, 10:33:59 AM »
This is what I was trying to get at in other threads.

Posters talk down about other posters for not listening to "inside" info.

But, here's 2 competing opinions.

How is someone not on the inside supposed to know who is right?
Because they will tell you.
If if they were wrong....they will spin it....so they too were also kinda right.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2021, 11:07:59 AM »
Ok, why are you 100% certain that the PT article was “scary” significant in Wojo’s firing?

"scary" might be a bit much but I have heard from multiple people that those articles were significant.

He became his guy when he extended him. I'm sure whoever the donors are that had to fork over the buyout money are a little miffed by that.

That's not how it works.  The AD isn't just doing contracts in a vacuum, he's working in concert with the President, BOT and donors.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »
"scary" might be a bit much but I have heard from multiple people that those articles were significant.

To whom? I hope not to MU AD as those stats should have been available to them in their assessments (and in fact, I am sure they used them and was the reason for hiring Wojo a seasoned consultant). 

To donors I can see as the facts were all in one place. But to be honest, nothing in that article was new to Scoopers as we have debated all those points for 7 years.

feedback