'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Watching Game 1  (Read 16064 times)

LloydsLegs

• All American
Re: Watching Game 1
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2019, 02:04:24 PM »
Solid, thanks for the heads up.

There was brief time after sale when it did not publicize itself as MU.  Perhaps changed when MU fans kept showing up/calling??

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2019, 02:19:01 PM »
Spectrum just dropped those 3 stations on Oct 15

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2019, 02:26:47 PM »
If you have YouTube TV or similar service and don't live in WI, you can easily download an extension for Google Chrome that allows you to manually change your geolocation. It's free. You can change it to Milwaukee, for example, and then click "update location" in YouTube TV and voila. Then you can either watch on your PC or cast elsewhere.

I think this gets mentioned one way or another in most all of these threads but for some reason the conversation goes elsewhere, like some crapty 240p streams that place a few trojans on your computer.

The extension I use is called Location Guard. I'm sure there are others.

If this works for me, I will owe you a sincere thank you.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2019, 02:39:34 PM »

Sure thing, friend.

Just looking through my settings on it, as it took some fumbling to make it work the first time. Be sure to change the Default Level setting to "use fixed location" and on the Fixed Location node, pick where on the map you want to spoof your geolocation to. In this case, I assume anywhere in WI. On this page you also need to select the "fixed location disables geolocation" box. You can also check/uncheck the Pause box when you want to turn it off. Then go to YouTube TV and under your settings, there is an update location button.

There is a way to do all of this without an extension, basically by changing some background settings in Chrome. This is just a GUI version of that.

VPNs do mask your location but you sacrifice internet speed in doing so. And from what I remember, some don't play at all with TV providers and other websites...

Someone else asked if this updates the geolocation for all devices, the answer is no. For some reason, I assume YouTube TV sets a "home location" and even when the geolocation from a single device changes, it won't update that for all other devices. But I assume anyone that is saavy enough to have a streaming TV provider has a way to cast.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:44:53 PM by The Hamberdler »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2019, 02:58:49 PM »

#freestreamsmatta

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 06:36:56 PM »
So schoolyard didnt sound promising when I called. But sounds like Kirkwoods will have it on some tvs. When I called the person on the phone was pretty emphatic with an "oh yeah we'll have it" when I asked.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »
God Bless America, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »
So schoolyard didnt sound promising when I called. But sounds like Kirkwoods will have it on some tvs. When I called the person on the phone was pretty emphatic with an "oh yeah we'll have it" when I asked.

My go to has been Cortland's Garage in Bucktown. Four Shadows on Ashland has had it in the past too. Or Murphy's Bleachers (owned by an MU alum).
But I like to throw handfuls...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2019, 10:11:22 PM »
Can't pay up everywhere  just not available in most places. So illegal stream it will be

This.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2019, 06:11:18 AM »
My go to has been Cortland's Garage in Bucktown. Four Shadows on Ashland has had it in the past too. Or Murphy's Bleachers (owned by an MU alum).

Four shadows no longer advertises itself as an MU bar. I know that for sure.

Love Cortland's garage but there never seems to be many other alumni in there.
Maigh Eo for Sam

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2019, 08:43:09 AM »
I haven't tried but I wouldn't be surprised if the geolocation extension worked on the Fox Sports Go app. Allowing you to look like you're in WI.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »
Perhaps already answered in some other thread; if so, I apologize in advance ...

Is there any way to watch us whip Loyola MD other than signing up for a service we don't currently have or going to a bar with the right service? Where does one even find "Fox College Sports"?
I had to add it via my provider.  It is $2.95/month.  I'll turn it off when basketball season ends (or sooner if I know we aren't going to have more games on it.  Worth it for me.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »
I had to add it via my provider.  It is $2.95/month.  I'll turn it off when basketball season ends (or sooner if I know we aren't going to have more games on it.  Worth it for me.

It does not appear to be an option for me, but thanks for the suggestion.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2019, 10:24:50 AM »
I thought this day would never come. It's finally here. We can put away the tinfoil hats and actually be mad at the team for real reasons and not just conjecture.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2019, 11:15:15 AM »
If you have YouTube TV or similar service and don't live in WI, you can easily download an extension for Google Chrome that allows you to manually change your geolocation. It's free. You can change it to Milwaukee, for example, and then click "update location" in YouTube TV and voila. Then you can either watch on your PC or cast elsewhere.

I think this gets mentioned one way or another in most all of these threads but for some reason the conversation goes elsewhere, like some crapty 240p streams that place a few trojans on your computer.

I do this exact method. However, as I sit in my Kenosha office, YTTV doesn't show FSW. I get all the MKE locals, but not FSW. Weird?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2019, 12:24:27 PM »

Did that, but You Tube TV was smart enough to know where I was.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2019, 12:52:51 PM »
Crap, I’m getting nervous. Gonna stop by some bars and see who’s got the best setup. Directv or Dish places should have it, yes?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2019, 01:29:08 PM »
669 on Directv I believe.

(If you have the sports pack)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
Did that, but You Tube TV was smart enough to know where I was.

Updated, on the Account icon, there is a current location button. You have the option of changing it to use your browser location. Worked like a charm.
Thanks!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2019, 02:33:16 PM »
669 on Directv I believe.

(If you have the sports pack)

I’ve been told 608 on direct tv
Bring back FFP!!!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
The link for people to find Fox College Sports is in the Big East TV Thread. Just enter your zip code.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »
The link for people to find Fox College Sports is in the Big East TV Thread. Just enter your zip code.

FYI I put in my zip (Chicago) and YouTube TV, and it said I get it. Checked YTTV, and that's not true.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »
FYI I put in my zip (Chicago) and YouTube TV, and it said I get it. Checked YTTV, and that's not true.
Humm. Maybe you can get the channels, yet you don't pay for them? I have Spectrum Cable, I can get them, yet I don't have them as I don't pay for these channels.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2019, 03:19:00 PM »

Xfinity in Chicago does NOT carry FCS. Period. Only DTV and Dish that I know of.

asdfasdf

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »
Updated, on the Account icon, there is a current location button. You have the option of changing it to use your browser location. Worked like a charm.
Thanks!

Same here. It seems to be working for me on YouTubeTV, but we'll find out tonight.

feedback