'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East POY  (Read 9740 times)

skianth16

• All American
Re: Big East POY
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2019, 08:33:16 PM »
You know he got votes, including Jay Wright's who admitted he voted for him.  If he was such a slouch, or used car salesman as you implied, he would have received any.

Don't coaches have to vote for someone other than themselves?

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2019, 09:28:38 PM »
Right on.  Congratulations Markus.  You are a great Warrior.  Hope you have enough left to turn it up a notch to lead the team to win out.  Play hard like it's your last game.

I think Markus is going to find more calls going his way in NYC. There is a certain cache about winning this award, and the league and its top players are being showcased to the country.

On that note, look for MU to take some of the pressure off themselves and do some showcasing of their own. Recruits who are otherwise busy leading their HS teams to state titles are still watching . Play hard, have fun, and show these kids (and also some of the stodgier leagues) what a free-flowing game looks like.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2019, 09:36:12 PM »
How did Jay Wright win COY over Willard??? I love Jay Wright, but Willard got robbed.

As Napoleon once said, “I did not usurp the crown, I found it in the gutter!”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2019, 09:39:21 PM »

Yup, and the best coach in the league decided to cast that vote for Wojo.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2019, 09:42:58 PM »

Yessir. Wright could have voted for Willard or Ewing or anybody but himself. And the guy who has won two of the last 3 national titles stoopidly voted for the worst coach in the history of mankind.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2019, 10:37:05 PM »
Congrats to a true warrior!  Wonderful representative of our university on and off the court on a national level.   Never expected nor seen such vitriol aimed at such an impactful player with such humility at MU.  I get the criticism of his shot selection...it drives me nuts at times too...but good lord, celebrate our own big east POY and one of the finest kids and players to come through our program...ever.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2019, 11:13:00 PM »
Yup, and the best coach in the league decided to cast that vote for Wojo.

Yessir. Wright could have voted for Willard or Ewing or anybody but himself. And the guy who has won two of the last 3 national titles stoopidly voted for the worst coach in the history of mankind.

Spot on.

feedback