[Today at 11:16:26 AM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:57:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gamecock's reaction to selection  (Read 15795 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Gamecock's reaction to selection
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »
You could have looked 2 posts above yours

thank you
don't...don't don't don't don't

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2017, 06:24:55 AM »
Martin is a fierce competitor and he has a keen appreciation of Marquette's tradition. Mocking him is silly - especially by a bunch of goof balls on a partisan website. Frank Martin knows basketball. Very few here do, despite the absurd analytics offered up as 'expertise.'

Under different circumstances I would be happy with Frank Martin as our coach.
For those of you who say he has anger issues, no he has a major anger problem, worse than Knight. That is why he is not in the Big 12 and is not in a top program. He is an outstanding coach with a huge problem. That is why I have said if we can get into his head he'll get tossed out of the game or at least pick a T. Watched a lot of  Big 12 basketball as one of my sons went to Marquette West.
Goal is National Championship

fjm

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »
For those of you who say he has anger issues, no he has a major anger problem, worse than Knight. That is why he is not in the Big 12 and is not in a top program. He is an outstanding coach with a huge problem. That is why I have said if we can get into his head he'll get tossed out of the game or at least pick a T. Watched a lot of  Big 12 basketball as one of my sons went to Marquette West.

Yup. If we can hit a couple 3's in a row and get him rilled up, that would be great.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2017, 12:27:13 PM »
Yup. If we can hit a couple 3's in a row and get him rilled up, that would be great.

Let's not forget what happened the last time MU played a tournament game against a team whose coach was T'd and tossed.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2017, 12:33:22 PM »
Let's not forget what happened the last time MU played a tournament game against a team whose coach was T'd and tossed.

Twitter Tracka

Quote from: @DanielJohnFitz

More like a long "sprint."
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2017, 12:35:33 PM »
I think that is a positive for us.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
Quote from their board:

"I like our chances, unlike shooting, defense never slumps. We have to rebound those missed 3s better than we have. Should be a good match up for Silva as they don't challenge the rim. Play him at center and make him a rebounding machine.

Only thing that bothers me is teams that can hit 3s in bunches are never out of a game, no lead is safe."

1. Defense does slump less often then shooting, but shooting slumps are less of a problem when a team has many options and MU has four to six (depending on how you feel about JJJ and Cheatham's 3 pt abilities) threats from deep.

2. "Don't challenge the rim".  Humm, even if you discount Fischer inside, you need to keep in mind drives by JJJ, Howard, Wilson, Cheatham and even Reinhardt.  So maybe some concern over Silva's propensity to foul is warranted.

3. Our toughest task, IMO, will be limiting turnovers bringing the ball up against pressure.

4. They seem unaware of MU's depth which can be a big help bringing fresh guys in against pressure, and overcoming foul trouble.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2017, 01:28:32 PM »
The gameplan for this is as simple as it gets.  It took the collective wisdom of Scoop a few hours to put this together, but I'm sure Wojo had it drawn up Sunday evening.  Which is plenty of time to teach the scheme.

It all boils down to execution, folks.  Theirs and ours.  But even if both teams execute their respective game plan 100%, I would expect MU to still win by a double digit margin.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
I feel that the cocks 3pt D is going to be a bit of a problem.
First thing i would do is dump it in to Luke the first 3 trips down the court. Get him started and draw them off the arch. If he can hit one or two of 3 and maybe draw a foul, it's a good start. We need to get them to respect us inside early to open up the 3.

(Then again I'm no coach... but it's what I feel could benefit us)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2017, 01:47:23 PM »

I've actually heard from someone who knows Frank Martin well that he is a huge "teddy bear".  That the persona on the court is just that, and that his attitude with the media is an act.  He is hard on his players, but doesn't cross the line that it may appear he does from an outside watching, and that his players respect him.  Not sure I buy it because the guy seems like an absolute blowhard di*k to me, but this guy has spent plenty of time with Frank. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Do they not know we have a bench full of players??

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2017, 02:49:57 PM »
Do they not know we have a bench full of players??

So does DePaul.  How many play?

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2017, 03:05:10 PM »
I wish scoop had a better name, or Marquette sports as a whole.

Some insight into what their fans think here (in Fowl Shots):
http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=91230287bdf34bcf594084d3fc0dbb03&f=45

Wee could be talkin'outone'sass.com, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »

a i n a.com can be ours for the low price of $5,000: http://bit.ly/2nC4cGr

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
In other news, rumor has it that muscoop.com will be made available this off season by the moderators for nothing to anyone willing to take it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »
In other news, rumor has it that muscoop.com will be made available this off season by the moderators for nothing to anyone willing to take it.

That made me curious...apparently muscoop.com is worth $3kI knew the mods were in it for the money.

/True story:  when I first ran that search, it said muscoop.com was worth $36k, but the report was a couple years old.  After I updated it, it said $3k.  I knew the mods had let this place go to crap.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »
I've actually heard from someone who knows Frank Martin well that he is a huge "teddy bear".  That the persona on the court is just that, and that his attitude with the media is an act.  He is hard on his players, but doesn't cross the line that it may appear he does from an outside watching, and that his players respect him.  Not sure I buy it because the guy seems like an absolute blowhard di*k to me, but this guy has spent plenty of time with Frank.
Do not think this is an act
http://deadspin.com/as-opposed-to-the-tens-of-thousands-regular-students-sp-1538803616
http://jugofsnyder.com/2012/05/07/cult-of-frank/
Goal is National Championship

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2017, 04:37:26 PM »
Journalist extraordinaire Mike Hunt went to South Carolina.
Nuff said.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »
Martin is a fierce competitor and he has a keen appreciation of Marquette's tradition. Mocking him is silly - especially by a bunch of goof balls on a partisan website. Frank Martin knows basketball. Very few here do, despite the absurd analytics offered up as 'expertise.'

Under different circumstances I would be happy with Frank Martin as our coach.

Really, Crash? You're better than this.

It took Frank Martin 4 years to get South Carolina into the NIT and 5 to get them into the NCAA tourney. After three seasons at the school, he was 45-54 with a 15-39 conference record; folks were rippin' on Wojo for only going 8-10 last season.

In 10 seasons of D1 coaching, only once has he led a team past the first weekend of the tournament.

At Marquette, this would be deemed failure by many here on Scoop - including you, methinks.

Now, throw in his obvious "issues," which led to him being banned in Florida, chased out of K-State and suspended by S. Carolina ... and again, I'm thinking that the Marquette populace would not be overjoyed with one Francisco Jose Martin.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2017, 04:49:24 PM »
Really, Crash? You're better than this.

It took Frank Martin 4 years to get South Carolina into the NIT and 5 to get them into the NCAA tourney. After three seasons at the school, he was 45-54 with a 15-39 conference record; folks were rippin' on Wojo for only going 8-10 last season.

In 10 seasons of D1 coaching, only once has he led a team past the first weekend of the tournament.

At Marquette, this would be deemed failure by many here on Scoop - including you, methinks.

Now, throw in his obvious "issues," which led to him being banned in Florida, chased out of K-State and suspended by S. Carolina ... and again, I'm thinking that the Marquette populace would not be overjoyed with one Francisco Jose Martin.

I believe Martin was on staff during that scrimmage against K State that crippled our seeding.  It's clear he's too good for Marquette.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »
That made me curious...apparently muscoop.com is worth $3kI knew the mods were in it for the money.

/True story:  when I first ran that search, it said muscoop.com was worth $36k, but the report was a couple years old.  After I updated it, it said $3k.  I knew the mods had let this place go to crap.

Damnit, there goes my retirement fund.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2017, 08:53:44 PM »

I ran a couple of websites on this. Dodds is worth $38 million and  XHamster is worth $2 Billion. We are in the wrong business.
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2017, 09:00:16 PM »

Here is a good thread from the SC Board

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?p=4949804#post4949804&name=Embrace the Cocks
            ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:36 PM »
Ha, I do miss the days of Austin Grandstaff transferring every 5 minutes.