[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Darrlyn Willis visit thread  (Read 26958 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Darrlyn Willis visit thread
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 06:12:15 PM »

No one said this.
Sorry Sultan--that has been posted here before. I read it. And no, I am not going to look for you. It was said--probably in jest--just like my comment was.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2015, 06:15:34 PM »
Sorry Sultan--that has been posted here before. I read it. And no, I am not going to look for you. It was said--probably in jest--just like my comment was.

What do you suggest from Mazos?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 06:22:10 PM »
Fixed it for you.
Sorry:
I like in no particular order: Al McGuire, Rick Majerus, MU basketball, the US of A; sports; responsible people, Wounded Warrior Project, Ted Cruz, the Packers, lower taxes, honesty, colors of the seasons, Robert DeNiro, Aretha Franklin, Meryl Streep, Bruce Springsteen, planning for the future, Wojo, old autos, new autos, military preparedness, Chesty Puller, JFK, Celine Dion, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Ray Charles, 57 Thunderbirds, corvettes, stealth bombers and so on and so on., and so on. There are many things and people I like, and some I dislike, just like the rest of you.

Your point if any is lost.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 06:28:44 PM »
Sorry:
I like in no particular order: Al McGuire, Rick Majerus, MU basketball, the US of A; sports; responsible people, Wounded Warrior Project, Ted Cruz, the Packers, lower taxes, honesty, colors of the seasons, Robert DeNiro, Aretha Franklin, Meryl Streep, Bruce Springsteen, planning for the future, Wojo, old autos, new autos, military preparedness, Chesty Puller, JFK, Celine Dion, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Ray Charles, 57 Thunderbirds, corvettes, stealth bombers and so on and so on., and so on. There are many things and people I like, and some I dislike, just like the rest of you.

This might be the best post in the history of Scoop.

One question on it, though.  I notice Mazos is missing from your list of likes.  I assume that was just a simple oversight on your part?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 06:30:55 PM »

Lol. Ok willie.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »
I saw that movie. The monologue ended with " wet kisses that last 3 days"......

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 06:41:32 PM »
Lol. Ok willie.
LOL.  Just to prove that it has been said
~~Rushmore Academy in a post on March 27
~~Lens in a post on Feb. 25
~~Brew City77 in a post on Feb. 25.."in general there is an air of invincibility.."
~~Pakuni on the same date to the same affect
~~Groin Pull on March 9
Sultan, you should know better than to say "no one said this" or " I never said that", etc.
But we all love your posts--not the hyperbole

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 06:42:49 PM »
I saw that movie. The monologue ended with " wet kisses that last 3 days"......
Yeah, I remember that line. What movie was that from and who said it?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »
Kevin Costner.....Bull Durham

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
This might be the best post in the history of Scoop.

One question on it, though.  I notice Mazos is missing from your list of likes.  I assume that was just a simple oversight on your part?
How many times do I have to tell some of you--I am not Mazo Burger and don't know who he is. I don't do twitter and facebook, or as Belichek says "Instant Face"
Mazo Burger does have some good taste on some of his descriptions of Buzz, especially the phony downhome lonesome cowboy.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »
Kevin Costner.....Bull Durham
Thank you sir. Wet kisses that last three days may be a bit too long, but I do get the sentiment.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2015, 07:39:08 PM »
Sorry:

Bless you, Willie, for giving me yet another signature line.
Keep 'em coming.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2015, 08:13:58 PM »
Celine Dion? You're kidding, right?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »
Sorry:

This is phenomenal.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2015, 09:10:42 PM »
This is phenomenal.

I've read it a dozen times and it keeps on getting better.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »
Celine Dion?!  ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2015, 09:46:46 PM »
How many times do I have to tell some of you--I am not Mazo Burger and don't know who he is. I don't do twitter and facebook, or as Belichek says "Instant Face"
Mazo Burger does have some good taste on some of his descriptions of Buzz, especially the phony downhome lonesome cowboy.

Sorry:

Sorry, but if anybody actually did have any doubt after Mazos used the cowboy reference while describing Bert and nobody flaunting it as if they did it mockingly, the fact that you just included "military preparedness" on a list of things you like completely locked that up. But keep going with the denial. It's almost as good as your post.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
Again, for the third time, Celine Dione?  Wet Willie, you have dropped a notch...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2015, 10:40:18 PM »
He probably meant Jane Fonda.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2015, 09:55:57 AM »
LOL.  Just to prove that it has been said
~~Rushmore Academy in a post on March 27
~~Lens in a post on Feb. 25
~~Brew City77 in a post on Feb. 25.."in general there is an air of invincibility.."
~~Pakuni on the same date to the same affect
~~Groin Pull on March 9
Sultan, you should know better than to say "no one said this" or " I never said that", etc.
But we all love your posts--not the hyperbole

Oh willie, it's so amusing when you not only take a quote of mine out of context, but misquote me at the same time. Let's look at the actual quote you are referencing:

It is a loss but there's nothing wrong with losing recruiting battles. Everyone loses recruiting battles and I'd argue most coaches lose more than they win. Honestly, a part of me wants Wojo to lose some of these to knock off the air of invincibility he seems to be building on the recruiting trail.

The entire thread is about losing recruiting battles and how Wojo is certain to lose some. When you take my full post (and don't misquote it) it's evident I am pointing out that he will lose, most likely more than he wins. In addition, earlier in that same thread, I pointed out that he missed out on Jimmy Whitt.

Agreed. He took a visit here and there is a definite need and available PT. In general, Wojo has won once he's offered. It seems like he's been selective in his offers, which has helped his proverbial batting average. He also missed out on Jimmy Whitt, who committed to Arkansas before his scheduled visit to Marquette.

And the first phrase there, "Agreed", was me agreeing that he lost out on Louisville transfer Akoy Agau, who ended up at Georgetown (and is now out for the season).

If you want to keep misquoting me in the future, taking my quotes out of context to make them say something other than what I intended, and pick and choose things that don't say what you want them to say, feel free, because it makes it that much easier for me to expose your foolishness. And speaking of which...

This.

I assume this must be the RushmoreAcademy post you are talking about. He was actually quoting a JakeBarnes quote, and if you couldn't sense the sarcasm, well, you must believe sarcasm simply does not exist without teal.

With Sacar Anim in the fold, it seems (I am only a casual recruiting guy) that Wojo to this point has always gotten his man.  Am I correct on this?  Any big losses? 

Traci Carter seems to be a good test for the Wojo batting average, unless I am missing someone.

Lens admitted to only following recruiting casually and was asking if Wojo had any misses. Not indicating he never missed, asking if he missed. In that thread, both Agau and Whitt were referenced as misses, and later TAMU Eagle pointed out that we missed out on Bryant Crawford, Levan Alston, Dwayne Bacon, Brevin Pritzl, Kerwin Roach, Matt McQuaid, Aaron Falzon, and Josh Sharma.

I hope he wins every recruiting battle and solidifies an air of invincibility on the trail.

Pakuni is acknowledging that he isn't winning every battle and that he wishes he would, not that Wojo is invincible as your post falsely indicates.

Looking good for MU. Fresh off his visit.

Not sure if this is the Groin_pull post you are referencing, because at no point does he say anything close to what you are saying on March 9. This is the closest. And if "Looking good for MU" means Wojo never loses in the recruiting game, you have a very loose definition of the term.

Oh, and since we established that you feel sarcasm doesn't exist without teal, in the thread you primarily referenced above (started by TheLens) there was actually only ONE person that truly said Wojo never misses. Who was that? Oh yeah...

Hmmmm........It is all in the spin. Wojo always gets his man!!

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2015, 09:59:53 AM »
Oh willie, it's so amusing when you not only take a quote of mine out of context, but misquote me at the same time. Let's look at the actual quote you are referencing:

The entire thread is about losing recruiting battles and how Wojo is certain to lose some. When you take my full post (and don't misquote it) it's evident I am pointing out that he will lose, most likely more than he wins. In addition, earlier in that same thread, I pointed out that he missed out on Jimmy Whitt.

And the first phrase there, "Agreed", was me agreeing that he lost out on Louisville transfer Akoy Agau, who ended up at Georgetown (and is now out for the season).

If you want to keep misquoting me in the future, taking my quotes out of context to make them say something other than what I intended, and pick and choose things that don't say what you want them to say, feel free, because it makes it that much easier for me to expose your foolishness. And speaking of which...

I assume this must be the RushmoreAcademy post you are talking about. He was actually quoting a JakeBarnes quote, and if you couldn't sense the sarcasm, well, you must believe sarcasm simply does not exist without teal.

Lens admitted to only following recruiting casually and was asking if Wojo had any misses. Not indicating he never missed, asking if he missed. In that thread, both Agau and Whitt were referenced as misses, and later TAMU Eagle pointed out that we missed out on Bryant Crawford, Levan Alston, Dwayne Bacon, Brevin Pritzl, Kerwin Roach, Matt McQuaid, Aaron Falzon, and Josh Sharma.

Pakuni is acknowledging that he isn't winning every battle and that he wishes he would, not that Wojo is invincible as your post falsely indicates.

Not sure if this is the Groin_pull post you are referencing, because at no point does he say anything close to what you are saying on March 9. This is the closest. And if "Looking good for MU" means Wojo never loses in the recruiting game, you have a very loose definition of the term.

Oh, and since we established that you feel sarcasm doesn't exist without teal, in the thread you primarily referenced above (started by TheLens) there was actually only ONE person that truly said Wojo never misses. Who was that? Oh yeah...

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2015, 11:01:26 AM »

I haven't misquoted you Sultan, but you do misquote yourself. Like the time you said Otule was better than Gardner and then denied it. I know, I know, you were for Otule and against Gardner until you reversed yourself.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2015, 11:08:43 AM »
He probably meant Jane Fonda.
Sorry Pal. Jane Fonda is a Communist traitor. I was in Nam while she was posing with NVA anti-aircraft personnel who were trying to shoot down our fliers. She would be on the dislike list.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »

Reading is fundamental. We all know what was said at the time. I mocked that statement and now you try to attribute the statement to me. Doesn't wash, but thanks for wasting the time to try.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
Sorry Pal. Jane Fonda is a Communist traitor. I was in Nam while she was posing with NVA anti-aircraft personnel who were trying to shoot down our fliers. She would be on the dislike list.

Hanoi Jane is on every Air Force pilot's Piece of Sh1t List.

She's a f#cking assh0le

Death on call