[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gabe York Is On A Visit, Yeah?  (Read 14699 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Gabe York Is On A Visit, Yeah?
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2011, 11:49:02 AM »
**If Iman Schumpert wasn't Tech's point guard, who was???  He had the ball in his hands most of the time.
**Grant and Scott's statistics are pretty much the same, but I only saw them play once.
**I will concede on Craft since I forgot about his emergence.
**Mack handled the point for Butler pretty much all year.  He brought the ball up.  Yeah, he is a combo guard, but so is Taylor

They are few and far between, but not unheard of.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2011, 12:03:43 PM »
Gabe York scored 46 points this morning against Indiana Elite.  He's been putting up ridiculous offensive numbers this Spring and Summer...including 50 plus point games. 
Those who question do not understand his level of talent.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Just b/c Shumpert had the ball in his hands most of the time doesn't by default make him a point guard. He was their leading scorer and took nearly 100 more shots than the next closest teammate. I'd rather have a distributor running the point and that's not what Shumpert was.

To repeat, I hope Taylor can run the point exclusively, but I'll believe it when I see it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
Here this board goes again recruiting against Buzz. I hope York does not read this board and see people saying they do not want him.

I think that's a bit ridiculous. So no one on a message board should have a preference of players? It would be wrong for me to say "if it came down to Gabe York and Mitch McGary, I'd rather have McGary"?

I'm not the one recruiting York. If Buzz believes that bringing him in will be part of the way forward and that his point guard situation will either be enhanced or won't be degraded by bringing in York, so be it. But when I look at our roster, and especially at our lack of any real freshman bigs right now in either the 2011 or 2012 class, I see a void that needs to be filled by at least one, preferably two players. Forgive me for not tiptoeing through the tulips on every single point and having a willingness to express an opinion. Christ, if one person saying York might not be the right fit is going to end our hopes with him, it's a wonder Mervyn Lindsay didn't commit suicide considering what posters from both Marquette and Kansas had to say about him.

Again, if he fits in Buzz's eyes, I trust that enough and I would especially never begrudge anyone choosing to attend Marquette. I agree that he looks like a great player and could be a solid addition. And I also hope that his skin isn't so thin that some random idiot on a message board will dictate where he goes to school. Any player that does would never make it at Marquette, as I can't think of any player who wasn't the subject of some grief from an online idiot.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »
York fits. We know he does.

Some people question his size as it pertains to a position. Who cares?

He's a PLAYER. We need PLAYERS especially one who fits a need: outside scoring. He will see minutes his first year because of it. He will have to earn more when he proves he can defensive lock down on someone.

Personally, I want a big. I think we all have been wanting someone to clean the glass and dominate the interior. But, when a kid of York's caliber appears, you have to take him.

We'll have one more scholly available, presuming York takes one, correct? Then use that one for the big.
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2011, 01:45:48 PM »
We'll have one more scholly available, presuming York takes one, correct? Then use that one for the big.

Assuming that Ferguson (and York) sign their NLIs and Taylor shows up next year...

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 02:08:35 PM »
Gabe York scored 46 points this morning against Indiana Elite.  He's been putting up ridiculous offensive numbers this Spring and Summer...including 50 plus point games. 
Those who question do not understand his level of talent.

I don't think anyone here would question Gabe's talent, but some may question which position he'd play at MU.  Think it is pretty clear he'd play some 1 and 2.  Would LOVE to have GABE at MU...think he'd get some immediate PT and compete for a starting slot as a freshman.  Think Gabe would also develop and grow to his maximize life/basketball potential at MU. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback