'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I am happy...  (Read 12191 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
I am happy...
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »
MU definitely did not bring their A game but went toe to toe with the number 1 team in the country.  We have tons of development and room to grow.  I feel good about this season.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: I am happy...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
MU definitely did not bring their A game but went toe to toe with the number 1 team in the country.  We have tons of development and room to grow.  I feel good about this season.

+1

I said this in the other thread, but Ox and Junior have great chemistry...they're gonna be dangerous.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
Glad to see i am not the only one.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
coming into this, I told myself that I would be happy with single digits. We have a team that hasn't played together and has some pains to work through. Just because they got me all worked up in the middle of the second half, I can't get greedy. Good effort, some encouraging signs on the inside.  We have some shooting woes to work through, and DJO needs to get a little more comfortable with the way this team operates.  Encouraging, and trust in the work ethic.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »
+1.

Not happy about the last timeout here though.  Why?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 08:39:35 PM »
Good post. We leave the game a better team.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »
We leave the game a better team.

Yeah.  These kids now know that they *can* do it.  They can taste it. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 08:41:36 PM »
I love the timeout, He was pissed about that last call so Buzz thought he would ruffle some feathers. Where was Junior later in the game? Definitely a more viable PG option than Buycks. Buycks was invisible tonight, and Crowder struggled getting boards against these big guys.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
I don't feel good about our defense and that's what could crush us.   Need to have better discipline and help side defense.  

Sure we have enough talent to hang with anybody but we need to have better fundamental defense or we'll lose games we shouldn't this year.  

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »
+1.

Not happy about the last timeout here though.  Why?

How can you not be anything but happy about that? Buzz has a young team and if he isn't taking every chance he can to coach them up, then I'd not be happy.

Overall, satisfied with the game. This team is very fun to watch.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »
Happy? I don't know that I would say happy... You're never content with a loss, ESPECIALLY when you're in position to pull ahead late in the game... That being said, DEFINITELY a lot of positives to take away. Proud of the effort, hopeful for the rest of the season. Lots of talent, if they can stop beating themselves with TOs and poor shooting. This team can be VERY good in years to come.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 08:43:08 PM »
One thing I don't like is how terrible Otule looked. It is obvious he is still a long way off from contributing in meaningful games.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »
Buycks and his play pissed me off tonight. Just too dam careless. Overall, I'm satisifed as MU was right in it. WIsh we could've won it though as I know they were capable.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
+1

I said this in the other thread, but Ox and Junior have great chemistry...they're gonna be dangerous.

I've been skeptical of Cadougan, but he really won me over tonight.  He’s got to start and be on the floor more.  When Buzz talks about “us” on the offensive end, Cadougan seems to understand more than anyone else what he’s talking about.  Understands the need to penetrate and dish and the need for paint touches...our offense has those “pretty” flashes like it had last year when he’s on his game.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
what did you think about our PG play and 3 point shooting?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:09 PM »
MU needs to get a win tomorrow night, it would be big.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
If your not satisfied with the result than you are smoking something
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:26 PM »
we just went toe to toe with the best team in the country.   A team that returns 90 percent of it's starters from a championship team last year plus added like 8 Hamburger All Americans!!

I hate losing, and usually have a hard time finding optimism, but god damn: They look pretty good.

The big turning point of the game is when Duke Bounced in that three

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »
We shoot better than 19% from the arc and we have a legitimate shot at winning this one.  Won the turnover battle, even on the boards, won the free throw battle... plenty of good things to take away from this game.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »
I love the timeout, He was pissed about that last call so Buzz thought he would ruffle some feathers. Where was Junior later in the game? Definitely a more viable PG option than Buycks. Buycks was invisible tonight, and Crowder struggled getting boards against these big guys.

Yep. Great timeout. I think the refs gave Duke that crap call to get the game over. Buzz pushes it right back at them.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
This was a gritty tough performance by Marquette despite some glaring errors that could have turned things around (like DJO's ball-hogging).

I am thrilled with the junk yard dog team.  They played tough, took the punches and kept fighting.  GO MARQUETTE!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
I get that Chris isn't amazing, but he was playing against a guy who was a potential lotto pick last year, and a guarenteed one this year.

You guys are so full of hyperbole its rediculous.  Do you think before you hit that "post" button?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
If DJO was hitting shots in the first half, we win this game. I honestly feel we are a potential top-ten team if he can recapture his form from last season. Duke won because we squandered numerous offensive opportunities (4/21 from 3) and they got more easy points in transition because of those misses. Duke's the better team, but not by much.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
I think JC running the ball at point was a revelation (for a few minutes at least).

Jimmy Butler will be a special player this year.  If he shows he can hit a three pointer or two, he will be incredible.

We need Defense down on the blocks.  For Otule being a crutch at times (he showed moves, however) MU absolutely needs him to "get it" to have a big season.

IMHO I thought we played well and liked what I saw.  I thought a less than 9 point loss would be a great finish.

Stay Positive.
Marquette University, Spring '08

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 08:47:18 PM »
Buycks, Otule, and DJO didn't play super. If 2 of 3 play well tomorrow we will win easily. Guys have off nights, If Gardner didn't have a bum shoulder we may have won

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 08:48:06 PM »
I get that Chris isn't amazing, but he was playing against a guy who was a potential lotto pick last year, and a guarenteed one this year.

You guys are so full of hyperbole its rediculous.  Do you think before you hit that "post" button?

+1