collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lewiston shooting  (Read 5823 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Lewiston shooting
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2023, 08:22:56 AM »
Yes. This guy wanted mental health care but didn’t have the ends. Totally what this is all about.

Some crazy people do bad things. When the signs are clear, we should lock em up.

We will move from thoughts and prayers in about an hour to blaming a mental health crisis, not guns. 

Of course, it’ll be all word salads and we’ll all forget about it in a day or so until the next one.

If we have a mental health crisis, then let’s address it and find a way to get access to it affordable and take away the stigma associated with it.

Don’t worry, none of that will happen and we can just blame the crazies.  Rinse, repeat.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2023, 08:29:47 AM »
Confirmed that he had severe mental health issues and should have been locked up.

https://www.newsweek.com/robert-card-maine-mass-shooting-social-media-posts-1838068
His "liked" tweets include content published by Donald Trump Jnr., Tucker Carlson and Dinesh D'Souza. He also liked tweets by former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and Jim Jordan, according to the screenshots.

Another tweet he liked, from Tucker Carlson, regarding the same subject, reads: "The trans movement, it turns out, is the mirror image of Christianity, and therefore its natural enemy. People who believe they're God can't stand to be reminded that they're not."

He also liked a post from Dinesh D'Souza about banning assault weapons...

Wow! He really is effen insane!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2023, 08:45:32 AM »
Already calling for more guns on Fox. Now that we have a true MAGAt in charge of the House, what does anyone think will get done?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2023, 08:48:03 AM »
Already calling for more guns on Fox. Now that we have a true MAGAt in charge of the House, what does anyone think will get done?

Nothing.  But I don’t think there is a whole lot of will on the side of the left on this issue anymore other than sound bites.  The country is desensitized to this. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2023, 08:48:44 AM »
Thank goodness a trans person didn't try to pee in a public restroom. THAT would have been a real American catastrophe!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2023, 08:53:52 AM »
Remember the polls where people lied about wanting ‘common sense’ gun laws so they could feel good about themselves?

Some recent attempts by gun control advocates to tighten Maine’s gun laws have failed. Proposals to require background checks for private gun sales and create a 72-hour waiting period for gun purchases failed earlier this year. Proposals that focused on school security and banning bump stocks failed in 2019.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2023, 09:02:01 AM »
Last time I checked, guns don't shoot by themselves, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2023, 09:11:01 AM »

Last time I checked, fentanyl doesn't ingest itself, hey?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2023, 09:11:35 AM »

🤡 🤡 🤡

Someone also can’t shoot a gun if they don’t have access to one. The shooter is the poster child for common-sense red flag laws, which Maine doesn’t have thanks to a**holes like Susan Collins. His guns should have been taken away.

Sure, those laws aren’t perfect and there’s certainly no guarantee he wouldn’t have been able to obtain one. But there’s also the chance this could have been prevented completely or the level of carnage reduced.

But no, let’s not do f*cking anything because it might not help. Truly impressive logic. Also, there’s no need for regular citizens to have access to weapons like these. Spare me your “well-regulated militia” BS.

I always ask people like you why this only happens consistently at this level in the US compared to other wealthy, developed nations. I have yet to and I suspect never will receive a substantive answer on that one.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2023, 09:21:12 AM »
In a different time maybe the guy would have been committed. Difficult to do today.

I just want to point out that inherent in this statement is a societal choice we are making between what we feel are appropriate obstacles to exercise the right to bear arms vs the right to not be committed against your will.  The fact that we're like "ahhh, yes, well back in the day the standard was lower to take away someone's freedom if they are suspected of mental illness" tells the whole story.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2023, 09:24:32 AM »
I just want to point out that inherent in this statement is a societal choice we are making between what we feel are appropriate obstacles to exercise the right to bear arms vs the right to not be committed against your will.  The fact that we're like "ahhh, yes, well back in the day the standard was lower to take away someone's freedom if they are suspected of mental illness" tells the whole story.

Yup. Better to be locked up indefinitely in a mental health institution than lose the right to own an AR-15.
#Iitsadeathcult

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2023, 09:26:23 AM »

The problem is guns, guns, guns. Period. A crazy person can’t punch 20 people to death.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2023, 09:30:33 AM »
Last time I checked, fentanyl doesn't ingest itself, hey?

Exactly, people shoot guns. People abuse fentanyl. Now, ur gettin' it, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2023, 09:33:11 AM »
The problem is guns, guns, guns. Period. A crazy person can’t punch 20 people to death.
[/quote

Lotsa dangerous things in life. One thing is constant though. People make choices, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2023, 09:34:09 AM »

Exactly, people shoot guns. People abuse fentanyl. Now, ur gettin' it, aina?

So why restrict and regulate fentanyl? Why not sell it at Walmart? Why can't I buy fentanyl online? Where's the next opiate expo?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2023, 09:35:56 AM »
This shows implicit ignorance. Just argumentative for argument sake, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2023, 09:37:51 AM »
This shows implicit ignorance. Just argumentative for argument sake, aina?

Just say "uncle." Tap out. No mas.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2023, 09:39:50 AM »
You don't have to buy your fentanyl, just rummage thru the hospital trash dumpster at night like a starvin' rat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2023, 09:41:38 AM »
You don't have to buy your fentanyl, just rummage thru the hospital trash dumpster at night like a starvin' rat, hey?

Too much work. I'll just ask my dentist to hook me up.
#ethicallychallengedprofession

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2023, 09:43:06 AM »
Or ya kould stand in da median, lookin' for a handout wit a cardboard sign, pretendin' ta bee homeless and outta work, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2023, 09:45:47 AM »
Huh, I didn't expect to come to Scoop today and seeing the mentally diminished dentist argue that fentanyl should be available to anyone on demand, no restrictions. That the more powerful and deadly versions should be especially in demand. That it should be marketed to kids in cute pink varieties.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2023, 09:46:59 AM »
I blame Bernie
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2023, 09:49:17 AM »
If you're implying there are no restrictions on gun purchases, you're wrong.
Those who are mentally ill and/or devious don't necessarily follow laws, or haven't you noticed, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2023, 09:51:57 AM »
If you're implying there are no restrictions on gun purchases, you're wrong.
Those who are mentally ill and/or devious don't necessarily follow laws, or haven't you noticed, hey?

Why have any laws? Those who are mentally ill and/or devious don't necessarily follow any of 'em.

But hey, if only a few more books had been banned or LGBTQ people had been discriminated against, these shootings wouldn't have happened. Those are the laws that need to be toughened!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2023, 09:52:14 AM »
What do clear signs look like? Did he display them?

He said he heard voices and wanted to shoot places up.  I'm not sure how big of a neon sign you need, but obviously releasing this man not under supervision (bare minimum) and allowing him access to deadly firearms are also major contributing factors.

That's really the crux of the issue.  People who are clearly unwell having access to firearms that are designed to kill humans alone.