[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 193158 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2018, 01:43:08 PM »
How so?  I am not sure there is any relation between what the high rollers are willing to pay and what us common folk are willing to pay.

I don't think it's a correlation (ie high rollers set the price point), I think it's related in that they need to *makes up number* generate $100 million in revenue from STHs and in the first two rounds if they generate $50 million it means one thing versus $20 million so ticket prices for group 3 will be adjusted accordingly to reflect the revenue target.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
As a person that sits in the cheap seats, I’m worried by the time it gets to me, enough people have moved up to make it difficult to get in the cheap seats again.

This is exactly my fear as well..same thing happened when they started seat fees at the BC..people moved up to the center uppers and left us to take the crumbs..only in this case I'm worried all that will be left are the pricey lowers, thus essentially shutting some season ticket holders out.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »
guru

I hope that folks move upstairs. I am tempted to get tickets for next season. My kids are out of the house, I work downtown and am jacked for the new arena. If I cannot get good MU seats, I will jump further on the Buck's train.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »
I don't think it's a correlation (ie high rollers set the price point), I think it's related in that they need to *makes up number* generate $100 million in revenue from STHs and in the first two rounds if they generate $50 million it means one thing versus $20 million so ticket prices for group 3 will be adjusted accordingly to reflect the revenue target.

Yes, this.  And they'll see how many tickets they were able to get the first two groups to commit to, and at what prices, so they then see how many tickets they have left.  Based on this, and all other info they've been able to amass, they will know how much they'll have to squeeze out of us and how many seats they'll have available to squeeze with.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2018, 02:57:34 PM »
This is exactly my fear as well..same thing happened when they started seat fees at the BC..people moved up to the center uppers and left us to take the crumbs..only in this case I'm worried all that will be left are the pricey lowers, thus essentially shutting some season ticket holders out.
I don't think we will have 6,000 STH in the upper bowl.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
I don't think we will have 6,000 STH in the upper bowl.

No, but some of the previous STH's that had really good lowers at the BC will decide the cost isn't worth it at the new arena, and move upstairs to the centers and all the better options, just like they did at the BC.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2018, 03:08:02 PM »
No, but some of the previous STH's that had really good lowers at the BC will decide the cost isn't worth it at the new arena, and move upstairs to the centers and all the better options, just like they did at the BC.
When did this happen at the BC? Are you talking about 2005?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »
How so?  I am not sure there is any relation between what the high rollers are willing to pay and what us common folk are willing to pay.

Gee! I thought you and Glow were high rollers.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2018, 03:32:32 PM »
Warrior69

Of course Chick and glow are high rollers, just pretending to be common folk to make us all feel good. I am sure they would not get caught up in the upper bowl.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2018, 03:40:22 PM »

Apparently they don't  teach  the principles of supply and demand at the graduate level. 😉 At any level, they are going to get the most total revenue they believe they can get. I am not willing to pay more for my tickets simply because the high rollers refused to pony up. And if they did pony up,  I wouldn't expect Marquette to say, "Let's cut the average folks a break, even if we think we can get more"..
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »

Warrior69

Of course Chick and glow are high rollers, just pretending to be common folk to make us all feel good. I am sure they would not get caught up in the upper bowl.

Been caught up in the upper deck every game for the last ten years, my friend.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:00:30 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2018, 03:56:35 PM »

We are all coming upstairs like the Sooners settling the West! 😉

Here is the reality:  The Lowers have a lot more seats so for as many who move up, there will be the same number or more who will move down. Maybe even all the students.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »
When did this happen at the BC? Are you talking about 2005?

Whenever it was the implemented the seat fee, I don't think it was as long ago as 2005. I don't remember, but I know it was discussed on this board by many that did it. Heck Chick and Glow did it.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2018, 04:21:18 PM »
We are all coming upstairs like the Sooners settling the West! 😉

Here is the reality:  The Lowers have a lot more seats so for as many who move up, there will be the same number or more who will move down. Maybe even all the students.

I don't think this will happen though...especially if the tickets/seat fee sky rocket in cost like everyone assumes. People would rather just say screw it, I will move upstairs. Some may not have done it at the BC, but with the sight lines being so much better in the new arena, I can totally see people saying "why don't we move upstairs, it's much cheaper, and the view from the seats is just as good".

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2018, 04:32:42 PM »
I don't think this will happen though...especially if the tickets/seat fee sky rocket in cost like everyone assumes. People would rather just say screw it, I will move upstairs. Some may not have done it at the BC, but with the sight lines being so much better in the new arena, I can totally see people saying "why don't we move upstairs, it's much cheaper, and the view from the seats is just as good".

If they bring al the students downstairs and bow tie each end zone, there will be plenty of inventory for you. I see your concern, though, as the uppers will be great seats.

Boomer Snowbirds may be the ones who may screw you most. They might say screw it, only here for a few games, I am going upper. Uppers may be the new Vesters.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2018, 05:22:17 PM »
Been caught up in the upper deck every game for the last ten years, my friend.

But we do sit as far away from Eng as possible!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2018, 05:22:31 PM »
warriorchick

Oh, sorry. I assumed you guys were downstairs by the bench. They say there are no bad seats at the BC.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »
warriorchick

Oh, sorry. I assumed you guys were downstairs by the bench. They say there are no bad seats at the BC.

HA!  But we know people by the bench.  Does that count?   :)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »
HA!  But we know people by the bench.  Does that count?   :)

They never invite us to sit with them, though. Not sure what to make of that...
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2018, 06:30:30 PM »
Maybe change deodorants, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
glow

Like Gary Koch said, “better than most”.

QPSS70

• Walk-On
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2018, 08:32:35 AM »
I know the Athletic Depts. have been wrestling with the impact on the new tax law's rules on individual charitable contributions that apply towards seating points now not being deductible.

But I have heard nothing about corporate tax changes. I assume some or many of the seats owned by Sideline and Preferred STHs, as well as the luxury boxes and regular season seats, are indirectly paid for by companies for customer entertainment purposes.  I have been curious how the new tax law might impact corporate spending for customer entertainment now that those expenditures are completely nondeductible.  That change would seem to have an impact on almost all sports and major sporting events as they would apply to season tickets, hospitality suites, food & beverage revenues, etc.

Do any of you corporate execs or customer relationship people have a sense of the impact on the new tax law affecting business entertainment spending?  Will companies back off on this type of spending, reducing demand for seats and affecting team and event revenues?  Or will companies just suck it up, continue to buy season tickets and entertain customers, and not take the tax deductions?   

fjm

• All American
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2018, 12:43:22 PM »
Still no news on how much this season is going to coast me, eh?

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »
Still no news on how much this season is going to coast me, eh?

I wonder why Marquette's strategy is to wait as long as possible to announce the pricing changes? Let's rip the band-aid off here.

MUDagwood

• Walk-On
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
Immediately after the Chartouny signing would have been opportune timing to announce pricing. 

feedback