'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 02:03:45 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[Today at 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Some good news...  (Read 3847 times)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
Some good news...
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:25:37 PM »
Kyrie Irving announced he is no longer considering IU.  It appears the in home did not go very well.  You mean the social idiot Tom Crean could not land the big one>  well that has to be pretty shocking for IU faithful.  Meanwhile MU fans were long used to Crean's touted being all over a single 5 star recruit every year only to be spurned.....and then replace him with some 1 star JUCO. 

FYI in case anyone cares Crean has verbals so far from a 2 star kid and a 3 star kid.  the 3 star scored 7 points a game last year.  Dont miss those days.

copious1218

• All American
Re: Some good news...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
Please tell me how this is GOOD NEWS for the Marquette program?  Is Irving now coming to MU?  Or is this just an opportunity to bash Crean?

sellit07

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »
All it means is for another opportunity to bash Crean. He is ranked #6 in ESPN and it seems that Duke is now the front runner for this PG. If he does not go there it will likely be Kentucky. No one misses Crean's terrible recruiting but at the same time I could care less what he is doing anymore.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »
Please tell me how this is GOOD NEWS for the Marquette program?  Is Irving now coming to MU?  Or is this just an opportunity to bash Crean?

Demling (of Indy Star or Lousiville Courier?) said on his Twitter:

"I am confident now that Kyrie Irving and Indiana have parted ways."

then posted

"Had someone close to situation tell me if Irving doesn't go to Duke then 'it will be Kentucky'"

I wish MU was on his radar.
SS Marquette

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »
All it means is for another opportunity to bash Crean. He is ranked #6 in ESPN and it seems that Duke is now the front runner for this PG. If he does not go there it will likely be Kentucky. No one misses Crean's terrible recruiting but at the same time I could care less what he is doing anymore.

I am elated about this. Not because of Crean. I have been reading the Indiana Scout board for about a month and I am fed up with the conceit of the Indiana fans. They have been drooling so much over Irving that it became my number one recruting wish that Irving would go to Duke.

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
... at the same time I could care less what he is doing anymore.

I cannot help myself:  It is my pet peeve, and no offense intended, but my one man fight to eradicate the illogical phrase must go on --------> The phrase is "I could NOT care less"!  Please think about it.   

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 05:53:39 PM »
There will come a day when MU and IU are going after the same recruits and both schools are on the short list.  At that time, I will care about Crean's recruiting - versus ours!  In the meantime, I COULD NOT CARE LESS!
GO MARQUETTE!

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »
I will say this, I miss crean quoting TV announcers:

"You cannot put a price on physical and mental toughness" Doug Collins. Thats what we are working to develop each day.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 06:24:57 PM »
I cannot help myself:  It is my pet peeve, and no offense intended, but my one man fight to eradicate the illogical phrase must go on --------> The phrase is "I could NOT care less"!  Please think about it.  

An admirable fight Coach.  I think many MUScoopers have avoided embarrassment in public thanks to your quest.  Clearly, you could care less, but you don't.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:27:11 PM by rocky_warrior »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »
I cannot help myself:  It is my pet peeve, and no offense intended, but my one man fight to eradicate the illogical phrase must go on --------> The phrase is "I could NOT care less"!  Please think about it.  

Grammar, spelling, non-blatant retardness.. if you have a problem with any of it, most on here deem you to be a 'DB' and overall jerk.  It's bizarre.  At any rate, you're absolutely correct and I'm glad you posted this.  "I could care less", in almost all cases, is saying nothing and a clear indication of being a dumbass.  Beware, though.. being correct isn't important to most here and the masses are easily offended when you point out their stupidity.

I'd contribute to the topic, but I couldn't care less.  Crean-pie and II both blow it big and their recruiting endeavors mean little to me unless MU or Minnesota is involved with the kid as well. 

PS - Minnesota Vikings were the consensus pick to win the NFC North and continue to be.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »
Kyrie Irving announced he is no longer considering IU.  It appears the in home did not go very well.  You mean the social idiot Tom Crean could not land the big one>  well that has to be pretty shocking for IU faithful.  Meanwhile MU fans were long used to Crean's touted being all over a single 5 star recruit every year only to be spurned.....and then replace him with some 1 star JUCO. 

FYI in case anyone cares Crean has verbals so far from a 2 star kid and a 3 star kid.  the 3 star scored 7 points a game last year.  Dont miss those days.

Awesome.

Thanks for the update.

Superbar??

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 02:42:49 AM »
yeah Mr. Hayward- how is this good news for MARQUETTE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You obviously took this news as a opportunity to bash Tom Crean-HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARQUETTE ANYMORE HE IS AT INDIANA. GET OVER IT AND STOP WITH THIS CRAP.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
I am elated about this. Not because of Crean. I have been reading the Indiana Scout board for about a month and I am fed up with the conceit of the Indiana fans. They have been drooling so much over Irving that it became my number one recruting wish that Irving would go to Duke.

If you are fed up with the IU scout board, why bother reading it?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »
Even more good news for Marquette!

SG Austin Carroll has eliminated Clemson!

feedback