[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:43:51 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Unofficial Visit  (Read 5683 times)

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
Unofficial Visit
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »
So these 2 recruits visit MU on Unofficial visit.  What does that mean anyway?  No food, no hotel, no nothing.  I can not believe that is the case, plus who pays
for there flight here?  They do.  They have to be serious about coming to any school that they have to pay for.  So what really happens?

Give Wojo credit for trying to get a kid from Texas to MU, three strikes you are out, another try.  Got to give him credit for trying but any small forward has to see there
is a lot of competition here.  I can see Wojo recruiting a top kid when there is an opportunity for him to start.  Of course, you can tell a kid it is up to the kid to prove they
deserve time.  Really is trying to recruit the nation, not just around Wisconsin.  Might as well try for the best, as he really does not need anybody the following year, still
have 11 kids back.  The new arena probably will blow the minds on the kids compared to an average college arena with no frills what so ever.

TedBaxter

• All American
Re: Unofficial Visit
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 11:47:51 AM »
If you are talking about Williamson, he looks more like a 2G or even a combo guard from what I've seen on videos. Talented player.

Can the frequent flyer miles from an AAU program be used for their players to take unofficials? 
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:49 PM »
If you are talking about Williamson, he looks more like a 2G or even a combo guard from what I've seen on videos. Talented player.

Can the frequent flyer miles from an AAU program be used for their players to take unofficials?

Williamson played some PG for his HS team.  A very versatile player.  Would be a big time get.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
So these 2 recruits visit MU on Unofficial visit.  What does that mean anyway?  No food, no hotel, no nothing.  I can not believe that is the case, plus who pays
for there flight here?  They do.  They have to be serious about coming to any school that they have to pay for.  So what really happens?

Give Wojo credit for trying to get a kid from Texas to MU, three strikes you are out, another try.  Got to give him credit for trying but any small forward has to see there
is a lot of competition here.  I can see Wojo recruiting a top kid when there is an opportunity for him to start.  Of course, you can tell a kid it is up to the kid to prove they
deserve time.  Really is trying to recruit the nation, not just around Wisconsin.  Might as well try for the best, as he really does not need anybody the following year, still
have 11 kids back.  The new arena probably will blow the minds on the kids compared to an average college arena with no frills what so ever.
A prospect can go on 5 official visits. Prospects and schools use the unofficial visit process to see the campus meet with coaches and teammates etc. Sometimes they will see several nearby  schools on the same trip . It is a very beneficial process for both parties. Nice that we have some quality kids coming in on these unofficials.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:04 PM »
Wasn't JP Macura's father in the airline business?   I think he took over 30 unofficial visits with the reduced airfare.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »
for there flight here?

Their vs. there.

The only thing MU can give a kid on an unofficial is 3 tix to a sporting event.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »
Their vs. there.

The only thing MU can give a kid on an unofficial is 3 tix to a sporting event.

And can not give them a ride in the rain.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
Koenig took his unofficial to UW as an opportunity to get his stomach pumped.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 09:36:04 PM »
And can not give them a ride in the rain.

Or a t-shirt.