collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Soldier Field  (Read 5815 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Soldier Field
« on: October 21, 2008, 03:26:55 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions for the easiest way to park at a Bears game.

1. Park near soldier Field
2. Park on the outskirts and take a shuttle / train
3. Other

I will be coming in from SE of Chicago.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: Soldier Field
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »
My two cents....

-Don't park anywhere near the stadium. All parking right at Soldier Field is pass/lot parking. There's no street parking anywhere near the place.

-My advice is to park it in a neighborhood somewhere in the city, then take the Red/Orange/Green line to Roosevelt. I come in from the burbs and park on Fullerton on DePaul's campus and take the Red line from Fullerton to Roosevelt. The walk from the Roosevelt L stop to Soldier Field is about 15 minutes.

Depending on what time you get there, you can park your car and try taking a cab. It'll be a nightmare though if it's any time after 11 though.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
Other options are parking in the Grant or Milennium Park garages and walk or take the free shuttles....it's about a 10-15 minute walk.

Since you're coming from the South, another option is to park in the McCormick Place East lot....it's a lot closer and about a 10 min walk to the stadium.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:27:57 PM »
there are buses that will take you from the millenium park lot. 

I used to ride my bike because I lived in the 312 area code unlike mu-rara's grandma.  Which lead to me riding home blacked out drunk once.  I don't remember what happened but i woke in my bed wet, covered in sand, with scratched on my knees, hands and elbows and my bikes front hand break broken off.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
Weren't you ever taught not to drink and ride?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:46:31 PM »

I used to ride my bike because I lived in the 312 area code unlike mu-rara's grandma.  Which lead to me riding home blacked out drunk once.  I don't remember what happened but i woke in my bed wet, covered in sand, with scratched on my knees, hands and elbows and my bikes front hand break broken off.

dude, you just pissed yourself, that's all.

jce

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »
The best place to park for a game at Soldier's Field is at home in your driveway so you can watch the game on television.

HTH.

DonCornholeone

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 01:11:26 AM »
Unless you get to one of the lots at 7am, all options suck so much ass, they take away from the fun of the game.  That's why I don't go anymore.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 01:18:34 AM »
Why are you going to soldier field?

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 07:14:51 AM »
To watch the Bears play the Titans.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 08:02:01 AM »
To watch the Bears play the Titans beat the Bears.

Corrected.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 08:13:38 AM »
Thanks, although my statement needed no correction, I appreciate the effor.  I just hope the Titans are still undefeated, which looks quite possible if they can get past the Colts on Monday. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 08:31:51 AM »
I really think your best option (esp coming from the South as you are) is the McCormick Place East parking garage....you come out of the garage basically at the south end of the South Lot....less than a 10 min walk.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »
MF94...  If I park here, how bad is the traffic after the game?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »
MF94...  If I park here, how bad is the traffic after the game?

It's actually not that bad...they funnel you right back out to Lake Shore Drive...it's not any worse than any other post-game parking situation.  If you're heading north after the game or staying in the city, I'd say do the Millennium Park garage.

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 10:42:16 AM »
The Millenium lots are fine if you are not in a hurry to leave after the game. The shuttles back to the lot can fill up fast and have long lines.

I park in the McCormick Lot now and then. It works out great if you have friends tailgaiting in the South Lot or the parking deck. Just follow the signs from LSD at 35th street.

Taking the train from the South and Northwest Indiana is a really great option. It let's you off right at the 18th street bridge.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 10:58:22 AM »
Take 90/94 in from the south, past the stadium, follow the expressway north, and stay right to take 94 after the split. Around Milwaukee, follow signs to I-43 North. Exit in Green Bay, and follow signs to Lambeau Field, thus making your gameday experience all the more enjoyable.  ;)

In all seriousness, I lived in Chicago for 2 years, and public transit is your best bet for any and all sporting events. Even when traveling from MKE for Sox games, we park on the North Side, near the Addison Blue LIne, and transfer to the Red downtown to get to the Cell. Parking is all the more plentiful in the Nortwest part of town.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 03:12:23 PM »

How were you NOT shanked?

For the record...Grandma WAS in the 312 area code....it receded well after she went suburban.    I still remember the number   312-DOrchester7-XXXX

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »
Thanks, although my statement needed no correction, I appreciate the effor.  I just hope the Titans are still undefeated, which looks quite possible if they can get past the Colts on Monday. 

So wait, You're a Bears Fan? 

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 03:35:11 PM »
Yes. And I would love to see the Bears do to the Titans, what the Dolphins did to "us" 2 seasons ago.   
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »
Me too...I just wanted to "hear" you admit it  :)

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 04:18:06 PM »
I am sorry if you ever doubted my loyalty.  Although I will be in attendance with a Titans fan, I have no choice as he is providing tickets.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »
How were you NOT shanked?

For the record...Grandma WAS in the 312 area code....it receded well after she went suburban.    I still remember the number   312-DOrchester7-XXXX

I was had protection in the form of four huge south sider mexicans. Which is a good thing because I dumped half a beer on ther girl who was sitting next to me and she looked like a rough customer.

JRMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 09:52:16 AM »
Get there real early!!!!! There are delays everywhere. Plan to add about an hour and a half delay to your arrival time. There are delays everywhere before the game from traffic to lines getting in the game. It's a regular S#@%show.

feedback