collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote Today  (Read 7194 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Vote Today
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »
My daughter texted me a picture of the long voting lines at the Union.  I heard from other parents that the wait was as long as 2 hours.

I am just happy the youngsters are taking their civic responsibility so seriously......

You got a pic of the daughter and her friends at the Union to share?  Has there always been voting there?... I think I remember going to some school across the street from The Rave...

At my polling place there were signs that said, "as a courtesy, please turn off your cell phones"... chick behind me was yapping on her phone inside the voting area nonstop and loud... the guy in front of me has his phone ring and had some awful song on full blast, then let it go for about 8 seconds before pressing a button to shut i up.  I asked that both be arrested.

Also, chuckled when I saw "Richard B. Strong" was on the ballot.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »
You got a pic of the daughter and her friends at the Union to share?  Has there always been voting there?... I think I remember going to some school across the street from The Rave...

At my polling place there were signs that said, "as a courtesy, please turn off your cell phones"... chick behind me was yapping on her phone inside the voting area nonstop and loud... the guy in front of me has his phone ring and had some awful song on full blast, then let it go for about 8 seconds before pressing a button to shut i up.  I asked that both be arrested.

Grand Ave school if I remember correctly.

Dick Strong!?!?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »

In downstate Illinois last year,  a candidate named Rich Whitney had his name misspelled on the ballot.  Imagine going to vote and finding that the Democratic nominee was "Rich Whitey".
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »
Hey, Rocky .. I see Colorado's ballot initiative passed.

Are you smoking a joint right now?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »
Hey, Rocky .. I see Colorado's ballot initiative passed.

Are you smoking a joint right now?

If he is worried about the FBI he isn't.  States can pass all of the marijuana legalization they'd like, but the Federal Government still says it is illegal.

Having said that, the Federal Government can't possibly police all of the marijuana trade.  Maybe when a few more states pass legalization then the Federal Government will consider taking up a bill. 

What I've always wondered is that when this legislation passes on a state level can employers still drug test for it?  Can company policy still say that you need to pass a drug test that includes marijuana if it has been legalized?  I'm guessing yes, they can.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
If he is worried about the FBI he isn't.  States can pass all of the marijuana legalization they'd like, but the Federal Government still says it is illegal.

Having said that, the Federal Government can't possibly police all of the marijuana trade.  Maybe when a few more states pass legalization then the Federal Government will consider taking up a bill.  

What I've always wondered is that when this legislation passes on a state level can employers still drug test for it?  Can company policy still say that you need to pass a drug test that includes marijuana if it has been legalized?  I'm guessing yes, they can.

They certainly can.  There are companies that won't hire tobacco users, and they test for it.  Being a smoker isn't any kind of protected class. I suppose it can get a little tricky if you have a "prescription".  Then it could be covered under HIPPAA.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:52:00 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »
They certainly can.  There are companies that won't hire tobacco users, and they test for it.  Being a smoker isn't any kind of protected class. I suppose it can get a little tricky if you have a "prescription".  Then it could be covered under HIPPAA.

Yeah that is pretty much what I was thinking.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »
In other news, Yum! Brands pulling up shop today in Louisville and moving to Denver.  Obama planning to eliminate federal deficit in less than 14 months by placing a .001% tax on sales of Doritos and Taco Bell.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 11:19:26 AM »
If he is worried about the FBI he isn't.  States can pass all of the marijuana legalization they'd like, but the Federal Government still says it is illegal.

Having said that, the Federal Government can't possibly police all of the marijuana trade.  Maybe when a few more states pass legalization then the Federal Government will consider taking up a bill. 

What I've always wondered is that when this legislation passes on a state level can employers still drug test for it?  Can company policy still say that you need to pass a drug test that includes marijuana if it has been legalized?  I'm guessing yes, they can.

I don't see why not. Can't be under the influence when working.

Employers can test for BAC and they can say no guns in their offices.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 11:27:34 AM »
In other news, Yum! Brands pulling up shop today in Louisville and moving to Denver.  Obama planning to eliminate federal deficit in less than 14 months by placing a .001% tax on sales of Doritos and Taco Bell.

Is this for real? If so that's hilarious
Bring back FFP!!!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »

Its a pot joke. :)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »

Dave's not here, man.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »