[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Concerns entering conference season  (Read 4326 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Concerns entering conference season
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »
MU's turnover rate is (rounded up) 20%. The MU players with a turnover rate of greater than 20% this season:
Starters:
Haanif 28.4%
Traci 27.5%
Bench:
Matt 34.8%
Sacar 22.8%

Seton Hall turns their opponents quite well.. let's hope for the best in this area, a'inal?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2015, 07:34:50 PM »
Yup! Our white guys can't jump. The undersized Blue Hose were killing us under the basket.

I never said our white guys can't jump. But 6'11" guys should dominate underneath against 6'5" guys. Pretty simple.

If you are saying that Fischer plays above the rim, I don't know what to say.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 08:32:16 PM »
I never said our white guys can't jump. But 6'11" guys should dominate underneath against 6'5" guys. Pretty simple.

If you are saying that Fischer plays above the rim, I don't know what to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3IX_EdgjZA
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »
We love our Spiro. Probably the biggest reason no one ever dared take a shot at Richard Nixon!

Let's see where things go. I agree, we'll know soon enough.

lol
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 09:35:53 PM »

We'll battle it out for 3rd-5th in the conference.

I wish - no, on second thought, I'm glad - I'm not quite that optimistic.

Battling it out for 5th or 6th, I believe.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »
Ignoring a big margin win, which I do not think we will have I suspect Heldt and Anim will not get more than 12 minutes each in Big East play. They simply are not going to play. I also think in most games foul trouble will not be an issue and if it is we probably are not in the game anyways. A team that is able to get Henry and Fischer in foul trouble is going to walk all over Heldt.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 07:58:51 PM »
1.  Lack of minutes so far for Heldt and Amin.   Foul trouble is coming.  Which segues into....
2.  Who guards the widebody 4's when Henry inevitably gets into foul trouble?
3.  How will Traci hold up against the elite guards in the league?
4.   How will MU handle pressure from good teams when Traci gets into foul trouble?
5.  Who is going to lead when Henry is sitting on the bench in foul trouble?
6.   Defense?   When is Wojo going to get buy-in on the defensive end?
7.  Third rebounder. 
8.  Lack of motion on offense from perimeter players. 

The answer to several of these questions is for JJ, Duane, and Sandy to step up and play like they have been through the league grind before.  The league is really good, there are no off nights, and somebody has to take the lead and show this team how to grind out wins.

The questions aren't answered.    Bad rebounding.  Bad defense.   Traci in foul trouble. (though Haanif played well for a half).   Foul trouble for the bigs leads to getting dominated on the boards.   The upperclassmen did not step up other than sometimes Duane.    Need to get tougher. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 10:45:57 PM »
In the first half we had 17 rebounds and at least 10 of those were by Henry. Basically no one on our team was helping Henry rebound the ball. Foul trouble had nothing to do with it. Our team was much slower to reacting to rebounds than Seton Hall was. All the Seton Hall players had quick hands when it came to going after rebounds. We reacted slowly to live rebounds and I am not sure you can change that. If you look at the fouls Henry had two offensive charges and got a third foul on an offensive rebound by Seton Hall. I do not remembr his other foul. Fischer got two fouls on Seton Hall's offensive rebounds. Neither Fischer of Ellenson foul much when they are playing the initial defense. They get in trouble when we do not snare the rebound and they end up out of defensive position on the put back.