Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just Got Back From Novakless Bucks Game  (Read 4482 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Just Got Back From Novakless Bucks Game
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:12:43 PM »
Me and several students weren't too happy when Steve didn't get in at any point of the game.  I'm sure the students from Brown Deer who sang the national anthem, the Brown Deer band, and the other residents of Brown Deer wern't too happy either.

We thought for sure when the Rockets were up 23 or when the game just came down to fouls and free throws he would get in.

One cool point in the game came when with a few seconds left in the fourth quarter a sea of blue and gold students came down from the upper deck and surrounded the rail chanting "We want Novak!"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:14:33 PM by TallTitan34 »

larrym

• Starter
Re: Just Got Back From Novakless Bucks Game
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 10:21:16 PM »
They mentioned that chant on the broadcast, and followed up by showing a shot of Novak. 

Disappointing he didn't get in the game.  Even more disappointing that the Bucks didn't at least get a win out of it.  If they were going to make it close so that Novak wouldn't get in the game, then they should have won.  This was good for nobody.  Well, I guess it was good for the Rockets, but that's about it.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »
I don't understand why in the last few seconds of the game when it came down to fouling and free throws he wasn't put in.

It's not like he isn't a 97% free throw shooter . . .

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 11:09:46 PM »
Notes from Rockets.com:

Notes: Bucks fans chanted ``Put in Novak!'' at the end of the game, but Van Gundy didn't oblige. Novak hasn't played in Houston's last two games.

http://www.nba.com/games/20061108/HOUMIL/recap.html

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 07:54:27 AM »
No class move on Van Gundy's part.   Firstly, he should have put in Novak in the 1st or 2nd quarter, when nothing was on the line.  -- Funny, I rarely watch NBA games .. last night was a perfect example.  I watched the last 20 game minutes .. lots of lollygagging until the 4th quarter.

That's why Van Gundy should have put Novak in early, when it was just an exhibition.  Give the dog a bone.  Or, when there were 10 seconds left and it was all about free throws .. put him in.  Can't hurt you then.

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 09:05:32 AM »
I wonder what Steve did to be put in the doghouse like this?  Come on, that's just ridiculous.  Remember when Diener came to the Bradley Center for the first time as an NBA player?  Coach put him in and he hit 4/4 threes or something like that.  It is really sad not to see Novak and Diener getting any tic

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 01:58:09 PM »
With that stupid move of not putting "Instant Assist" in, one has to wonder if Van Gundy will EVER play Nov-itzki!
SS Marquette

feedback