[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Speaks...  (Read 25434 times)

Shack

• Starter
Re: IWB Speaks...
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »
Then why did you listen to him in the first place?

Because I'm weak and was looking for a beacon of light to give me hope.  I just wanted to believe oh god ... I hate you IWB - may you rot in hell and be Satan's sex slave for all of eternity.  

Ok I'm better now.  

chapman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »
You're reading it wrong. You really think he, first, name his source, and secondly admit it's all from him? Ha. Okay.

Of course he is not going to name his true sources.  He stated "I'm the source" as a way of saying with complete confidence that he was right.  So he needs to be right on this.

Real Chilly Podcast

• Starter
  • whassup marquette whassuuup?
    • Real Chilly Podcast
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:34 AM »
I keep getting the funny feeling that Jafar got to IWB before Fr. Wild did...

"I am the source." ... hmm, sounds just like the snarky type of thing Jafar would say in this situation

Listen to the Real Chilly Podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes, or Youtube.

Follow our twitter: @RealChillyPod

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »
Because I'm weak and was looking for a beacon of light to give me hope.  I just wanted to believe oh god ... I hate you IWB - may you rot in hell and be Satan's sex slave for all of eternity.  

Ok I'm better now. 
Not sure that's possible.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »
Multiple sources said it was a done deal.  He tweeted it, and his sources were wrong. 

So .. burn him in effigy for tweeting what his sources told him was fact?   

Not going to throw that stone.

MUScoop moderators are IWB apologists!

Add more wood to the fire!

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »

So far, we have IWB, hards, Wardle2Wade, who's next?!?!

Burn all of you.  BUURRRRNNN!!!

I find all this burning at the stake commentary interesting, considering MU's connection with St. Joan of Arc.  Weird analogy, I know....

GOO

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »
I don't want to be burned at the stake, but I had trouble buying in yesterday.  No leaks from VCU, no team meeting... it didn't add up... nothing is done until the coach is here and has had a team meeting with his former players.  "done" has so much finality with little to no room for If's...

I hope something good happens, but man, this was a cluster f....  and a circle j combined...

I think people tweeting and reporting from other sources and add in the VCU people creating fake twitter accounts and MU students doing the same...

So far, Hunt, comes out the responsible winner... and about the only trusted reporter left in town.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 11:33:29 AM »
I don't want to be burned at the stake, but I had trouble buying in yesterday.  No leaks from VCU, no team meeting... it didn't add up... nothing is done until the coach is here and has had a team meeting with his former players.  "done" has so much finality with little to no room for If's...

I hope something good happens, but man, this was a cluster f....  and a circle j combined...

I think people tweeting and reporting from other sources and add in the VCU people creating fake twitter accounts and MU students doing the same...

So far, Hunt, comes out the responsible winner... and about the only trusted reporter left in town.

Go figure...

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
If the same thing happens with Shaka year after year he is going to start losing some suitors because everything is going to seem fake. Remember guys we arent the first ones to go through this. The biggest question mark I still have is why have we still not heard anything from Shaka or his camp. Usually by now he has said something to the media about how the rumors are false. Still have hope, not much hope, but still some.

You're my favorite denialist.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
MUScoop moderators are IWB apologists!

Add more wood to the fire!

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:44 AM »
Quit making excuses for him...I hope he turns out to be right. If what he reported last night was true at the time, it would be confirmed by now. It isn't, it still could happen, but he jumped the gun big time last night.
Yeah, because you're an expert in the process of hiring D1 Men's BB coaches?

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:47 AM »
It could still be a done deal.  All this was happening so fast yesterday but maybe it could happen in a couple days.  Shaka Smart hasn't said anything he could still be negotiating with both sides.  So was IWB maybe quick to pull the trigger? yes but he could still be right.  Not everyone is like Buzz Williams and wanted to leave so badly it took two seconds for him to get on a plane.  We know we have contacted him, we also know that their AD isn't telling the truth or we are using a back channel to talk to him per goodman.  I'm willing to wait this out I'm not going to burn anyone on the stack until there is a Marquette press conference with Bill cords handing a MU hat to someone

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2014, 11:36:58 AM »
Brutal is all I have to say.  Credibility is definitely on the line.
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
Quit making excuses for him...I hope he turns out to be right. If what he reported last night was true at the time, it would be confirmed by now. It isn't, it still could happen, but he jumped the gun big time last night.

Based upon what?  Your expectations?

You sure are entitled.

bucksandy34

• Walk-On
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2014, 11:38:08 AM »
I think that "I'm hearing Shaka Smart is the next men's basketball coach at MU" would have been an appropriate way to phrase it and he wouldn't be getting the vitriol being spewed right now. Those who are calling him a hack may be going a bit too far, but saying it's a done deal when no news was imminent was premature and he shouldn't be offended if he gets called out for that.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32127.msg587559#msg587559

Buzz to VA Tech first rumored on this board almost exactly one week ago. The reddit thread said Buzz to VA Tech was a done deal 5 days before it happened. Maybe these things take more than a day to play out?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
BigDaddy84 has also just spoken on another thread guys. Go check it out.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »
Little respect please.

IWB made his bones when most of you were going out with cheerleaders!!

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
It could still be a done deal.  All this was happening so fast yesterday but maybe it could happen in a couple days.  Shaka Smart hasn't said anything he could still be negotiating with both sides.  So was IWB maybe quick to pull the trigger? yes but he could still be right.  Not everyone is like Buzz Williams and wanted to leave so badly it took two seconds for him to get on a plane.  We know we have contacted him, we also know that their AD isn't telling the truth or we are using a back channel to talk to him per goodman.  I'm willing to wait this out I'm not going to burn anyone on the stack until there is a Marquette press conference with Bill cords handing a MU hat to someone

He didn't want to miss the opportunity to parade himself in VT gear on CBS, that's part of the deal. Easy marketing.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2014, 11:40:05 AM »

Exactly.  This is such an indicator of the state of the world.  Everything has to be RIGHT NOW.  Patience is a virtue.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2014, 11:40:56 AM »
Go figure...

Yeah, lol. So far, the big winner in the latest MU basketball saga, Mike Hunt.

Who could have predicted that!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »
BigDaddy84 has also just spoken on another thread guys. Go check it out.

synopsis?

MUeagle05

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2014, 11:42:36 AM »
MU may have gotten played by Smart.  No one at MU should be cruicified for that.  Who knows, maybe Smart told IWB's sources it was a "done deal"?  Where is the anger at Smart for leading along the MU adminsitration?  Will everyone be just as mad at Smart if later today VCU announces a new contract for Smart with a significant pay increase?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2014, 11:44:16 AM »
Yeah, lol. So far, the big winner in the latest MU basketball saga, Mike Hunt.

Who could have predicted that!

true March madness Cinderella story
Maigh Eo for Sam

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »
I think the initials IWB have gotten more attention than necessary.  Let's not give this hack any more free advertising.  Burn him!!!

feedback