[Today at 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[Today at 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[Today at 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 374316 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3276 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:08 AM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/nation/2021/07/31/unvaccinated-las-vegas-man-died-regretting-not-getting-vaccine-fiance/5442240001/

Terribly story, read this yesterday.  Unfortunately  I feel like there is a good % of people out there just like this family who have decided to wait for a bit before being fully comfortable with getting the vaccine.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3277 on: August 04, 2021, 07:53:18 AM »
Science is real, unfortunately, so is stupidity, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3278 on: August 04, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »
Sweet home Alabama!!!  Didn’t see this and definitely don’t agree with it.  I’ll be sure to not support him in his run for senate.

The only other reference to an elected official that they called a “growing list” was Massie from Kentucky who is against mandating military from having to get the vaccine.  I know there are a lot who don’t support mandates but if Mo Brooks is the only one I think it’s safe to say both parties are pretty well aligned behind getting the vaccine.

Ron Johnson hasn't exactly been helpful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3279 on: August 04, 2021, 11:24:07 AM »
I’m not saying one or a handful of the speakers didn’t do what your saying but there are a lot more then just elected officials speaking at CPAC.

Is there a link or article you could send over, I can’t find anything.

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself. I mean, the idiot rep from Colorado, Lauren Boebert, all but did a song and dance ripping into the "Fauci Ouchie." DeSantis is selling anti-vaccine stuff to raise campaign funds. So many others. Learn how to use the googles.

And then there's this:

Ten states have passed legislation to prohibit schools, businesses and state governments from mandating the vaccine, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Fourteen have passed legislation to prohibit vaccine passports or proof of vaccination in general.

“If you aren’t going to help,” Biden said, addressing the governors of these states, “at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing.”

The president is right. These governors aren't leaders ... unless you're talking about leading their death cult into the grave.

Why do you keep making excuses for these misguided, hyper-partisan people?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3280 on: August 04, 2021, 11:43:37 AM »
Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself. I mean, the idiot rep from Colorado, Lauren Boebert, all but did a song and dance ripping into the "Fauci Ouchie." DeSantis is selling anti-vaccine stuff to raise campaign funds. So many others. Learn how to use the googles.

And then there's this:

Ten states have passed legislation to prohibit schools, businesses and state governments from mandating the vaccine, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Fourteen have passed legislation to prohibit vaccine passports or proof of vaccination in general.

“If you aren’t going to help,” Biden said, addressing the governors of these states, “at least get out of the way of the people who are trying to do the right thing.”

The president is right. These governors aren't leaders ... unless you're talking about leading their death cult into the grave.

You’re either a madman or not reading what I’m posting.  I acknowledge many (R)s are against mandating it, just like the teachers union which is why I said they’re lock stop.

I also acknowledged there are a couple crazies in the party which isn’t unique to the Republican Party.  Thankfully no one is taking their marching orders from the first term congresswoman Boebert.  Being against a vaccine mandate/passport is not being against the vaccine. 

That’s not true about DeSantis either which has already been discussed.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3281 on: August 04, 2021, 12:04:42 PM »
You’re either a madman or not reading what I’m posting.  I acknowledge many (R)s are against mandating it, just like the teachers union which is why I said they’re lock stop.

I also acknowledged there are a couple crazies in the party which isn’t unique to the Republican Party.  Thankfully no one is taking their marching orders from the first term congresswoman Boebert.  Being against a vaccine mandate/passport is not being against the vaccine. 

Governors and other legislative leaders saying "Folks should get the vaccine" and then actively working against getting people vaccinated might be even worse than what the "crazies" are saying. It's disingenuous at best, extremely dangerous at worst.

Stop being a "madman." Stop supporting them.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3282 on: August 04, 2021, 12:12:40 PM »
Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.
Nah, he's achieving exactly what he aimed to do.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3283 on: August 04, 2021, 01:45:19 PM »
Advocate Aurora Health just announced mandatory vaccination for its employees.

Good
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3284 on: August 04, 2021, 01:55:13 PM »
Do not suspend people who refuse. Fire them.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3285 on: August 04, 2021, 01:59:07 PM »
Do not suspend people who refuse. Fire them.

That's actually what I'm seeing come out.  28 days to get the jabs, then 30 days unpaid leave to think it over, then termination.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3286 on: August 04, 2021, 01:59:30 PM »

This guy? 'I am standing in your way': DeSantis blasts Biden after president tells him to 'get out of the way' on COVID

DeSantis veered away from the economy and instead blasted President Joe Biden "importing more virus from around the world" via illegal immigrants.

The governor said people are "pouring through."

"He's facilitating," DeSantis said. "Whatever variants are around the world, they're coming across that southern border. He's not shutting down the virus, he's helping to facilitate it."

Yeah, its the people pouring over the border that is making Florida number 1 in new infections.  ::)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3287 on: August 04, 2021, 02:09:18 PM »
Advocate Aurora Health just announced mandatory vaccination for its employees.

Good
My firm announced the same this week. We tried carrots in the form of gift cards and got a very good response (85% with at least one shot), now it is stick time.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3288 on: August 04, 2021, 02:18:23 PM »
This guy? 'I am standing in your way': DeSantis blasts Biden after president tells him to 'get out of the way' on COVID

DeSantis veered away from the economy and instead blasted President Joe Biden "importing more virus from around the world" via illegal immigrants.

"He's facilitating," DeSantis said. "Whatever variants are around the world, they're coming across that southern border. He's not shutting down the virus, he's helping to facilitate it."

Yeah, its the people pouring over the border that is making Florida number 1 in new infections.  ::)

Are you saying there is no Florida-Mexico border?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3289 on: August 04, 2021, 02:26:19 PM »
That's actually what I'm seeing come out.  28 days to get the jabs, then 30 days unpaid leave to think it over, then termination.

legit.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3290 on: August 04, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »

That seems pretty generous to me. I would do six weeks to get your shots (one or both, as applicable) or you are done on day 43.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3291 on: August 04, 2021, 04:35:22 PM »

DeSantis is "facilitating" the deaths of Floridians; and just like his mentor, he's a narcissistic liar.

He is actively, aggressively working to prevent vaccinations from taking place in Florida, despite sometimes saying otherwise.

Blaming infections in Florida and Missouri on what's happening at "the border" is just like constantly invoking "cancel culture" or "Critical Race Theory" or "they're coming for your guns" or "shariah law!" It's GOP Fearmongering 101 at heart, but it's been nuclearized by Trumpism.

Always, always, always, FEAR THE "OTHER!" because he wants to rape your women, eat your babies and steal your Ozzie & Harriet image of American life.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3292 on: August 04, 2021, 04:57:30 PM »
DeSantis is "facilitating" the deaths of Floridians; and just like his mentor, he's a narcissistic liar.

He is actively, aggressively working to prevent vaccinations from taking place in Florida, despite sometimes saying otherwise.

Blaming infections in Florida and Missouri on what's happening at "the border" is just like constantly invoking "cancel culture" or "Critical Race Theory" or "they're coming for your guns" or "shariah law!" It's GOP Fearmongering 101 at heart, but it's been nuclearized by Trumpism.

Always, always, always, FEAR THE "OTHER!" because he wants to rape your women, eat your babies and steal your Ozzie & Harriet image of American life.

Asking because I don’t know. How is he preventing vaccinations? I know he isn’t incentivizing them or making life more difficult on the unvaccinated, but didn’t know he was preventing them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3293 on: August 04, 2021, 05:16:14 PM »
Asking because I don’t know. How is he preventing vaccinations? I know he isn’t incentivizing them or making life more difficult on the unvaccinated, but didn’t know he was preventing them.

He is not allowing private businesses to mandate vaccinations.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3294 on: August 04, 2021, 05:45:08 PM »

Find me that language.  Because he doesn't have that power. 

Someone is reading his executive order incorrectly.  The EO only says that businesses can't mandate it for their customers, or that if they do they won't get state grants or checks. 

He has the power to say that the GOVERNMENT won't mandate them only.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/EO-21-81.pdf  sorry, forgot to add my source.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3295 on: August 04, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »

Someone is reading his executive order incorrectly.  The EO only says that businesses can't mandate it for their customers, or that if they do they won't get state grants or checks. 

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/EO-21-81.pdf  sorry, forgot to add my source.

Knock me over with a feather.  MU82 ran with a talking point he heard on cable news that turns out to be at best a half truth.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3296 on: August 04, 2021, 06:53:30 PM »

And then there's this:

Is this the same president who's allowing covid positive immigrants to cross the border from Mexico, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3297 on: August 04, 2021, 06:55:25 PM »

Ok, so just a different definition of preventing I was using. I thought of preventing as doing something to impede people who wanted the vaccine from getting it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3298 on: August 04, 2021, 07:09:30 PM »

Is this the same president who's allowing covid positive immigrants to cross the border from Mexico, hey?

Yes and then he takes there guns and bibles and makes them gender neutral, too.  Sad!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3299 on: August 04, 2021, 08:04:09 PM »

Yes, he is working aggressively to prevent private businesses from mandating vaccines. It’s right in the order.

Knock me over with a feather.  MU82 ran with a talking point he heard on cable news that turns out to be at best a half truth.

I was right. Read the order. Stop supporting politicians who are undermining the vaccination distribution.

Nonsensical dribble, as usual, nu?