'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Has The Team Tuned...  (Read 5759 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Has The Team Tuned...
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »
Crean out? I mean you can only pistol whip for so long. If you read James' body language, he didn't have the flu. He's got Creanitis.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muhoops1

• All American
Re: Has The Team Tuned...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »
I agree totally.  They seem mentally drained.  Ton of pressure on everyone in the program.  They are pressing and they are failing in the process.  This week could be the difference between The Big Dance and the NIT.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »
4 bags of IV fluids today suggest that flu was more likely the culprit then anything else.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:50:25 PM »
4 bags of IV fluids today suggest that flu was more likely the culprit then anything else.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time believing anything about the flu. James is becoming more and more of a headcase.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:51:17 PM »
That may be the case, but I can't imagine a doctor / trainer administering iv fluids unless they are called for.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:56:25 PM »

Just curious... how do you know that?  If the information was shared with you from a staffer, isn't that a violation of the player's privacy?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Jackson_Downer

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:59:39 PM »
I don't know what they expect to gain by tuning out their coach at this point.  Especially James.  If the guy wants a shot at the NBA, he is going to have to perform here.  Right now, what I see is a guy who has outstanding quickness and ball handling but cannot finish under the hoop and can't hit free throws.  I'm surprised he's not fouled more, just to take your chances with him at the line instead of hurting you on the field.  

If he gets a reputation as a head case, forget it.  He can go play in Europe.
"Nice helmet!"
"Actually, it's not a helmet, it's a hairmet.  You see, it's got extra room in it so you don't mess up your hairdo."
"I'm going to write you a prescription for two testicles, you get it filled whenever."

-Scrubs

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »
Crean said it on the post-game show.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »
I don't know what they expect to gain by tuning out their coach at this point.  Especially James.  If the guy wants a shot at the NBA, he is going to have to perform here.  Right now, what I see is a guy who has outstanding quickness and ball handling but cannot finish under the hoop and can't hit free throws.  I'm surprised he's not fouled more, just to take your chances with him at the line instead of hurting you on the field. 

If he gets a reputation as a head case, forget it.  He can go play in Europe.

Gets a reputation? Hmmm... he has one.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 09:02:48 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
I find it fascinating how the flu seems to affect MU basketball players.

I get the flu and I need to go to Walgreens to buy a couple extra gallons of OJ and tylenol and boxes of kleenix and I'm usually good to go in a 4 days or so.

An MU basketball player gets the flu and he has a bad several months of basketball (Novak) or needs gallons of IV fluid (James).

Not that I have the rigorous schedule of a college basketball player, but I also don't have the medical staff of a college basketball program.

(NOT saying they are making it up, I just find the difference interesting).

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »

Unfortunately, I have a hard time believing anything about the flu. James is becoming more and more of a headcase.
i agree here. i've never seen a player just given a pass so readily as james. its always something. it was the wrist for a while, even despite playing on the hurt wrist for a couple games, and scoring 19 against depaul-- Its not the wrist! obviously bilas has a man crush on crean and the whole MU program, and he finds a way to dance around the fact that this team just isn't all they are cracked up to be. don't get me wrong, they're an average team, but i'm just sick of espn and other outlets giving this team (and often james) more credit than they deserve.
i'm not going to comment on the flu issue. if he's sick then that sucks, so hopefully he's playing to the best that his health allows.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:11:52 PM by muhoosier260 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:08 PM »
I find it fascinating how the flu seems to affect MU basketball players.

I get the flu and I need to go to Walgreens to buy a couple extra gallons of OJ and tylenol and boxes of kleenix and I'm usually good to go in a 4 days or so.

An MU basketball player gets the flu and he has a bad several months of basketball (Novak) or needs gallons of IV fluid (James).

Not that I have the rigorous schedule of a college basketball player, but I also don't have the medical staff of a college basketball program.

(NOT saying they are making it up, I just find the difference interesting).

Novak did legitimately lose 14 points, and the whole team was dealing with the flu that year. You could see that.

James, I'm 98% sure there is no flu. Just a delicate mental psyche.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
I've always wondered .. I'd love to know about other teams and the flu.  Does UW or DePaul get whacked as often as we do?

And with the constant flu issues we've had over YEARS .. do they have an anti illness "plan" .. you know, everyone gets a flu shot, teach the guys to wash hands 10 times a day, take vitamin C or whatever.  I dunno.  It just seems every year, we lose 3-4 guys to the flu, and they are screwed  for a week.

.. it's BS to think he doesn't have the flu.  Do you really think a doctor is gonna take out a needle and stick a man with an IV if he didn't need it?  Please.  Just stop.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:09:13 PM by mu_hilltopper »

4everwarriors

• All American
Since When...
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »
is anything that is said from MU about the medical condition of a player believable?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jackson_Downer

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »
i agree here. i've never seen a player just given a pass so readily as james. its always something. it was the wrist for a while, even despite playing on the hurt wrist for a couple games, and scoring 19 against depaul-- Its not the wrist! obviously bilas has a man crush on crean and the whole MU program, and he finds a way to dance around the fact that this team just isn't all they are cracked up to be. don't get me wrong, they're an average team, but i'm just sick of espn and other outlets giving this team (and often james) more credit than they deserve.
[/quote]

Good point.  I'm here yelling and cursing at the TV and Bilas says something like, "Well, nothing coming easy for Marquette tonight."  I'm like, "Just say it!  Say 'why in the world are you throwing up these desperate looking jumpers with no time on the shot clock!'"  

Hey wait, I think MU missed another free throw....

not that I am bitter
"Nice helmet!"
"Actually, it's not a helmet, it's a hairmet.  You see, it's got extra room in it so you don't mess up your hairdo."
"I'm going to write you a prescription for two testicles, you get it filled whenever."

-Scrubs

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 09:12:28 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

Whoa... said what?

Topper, as for DJ being sick. I am normally someone who will agree with you, but DJ should have been benched after his last two performances. Luckily, he had the flu.

He wasn't dragging an IV bag out of David Straz Hall this morning.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »
It's not the flu that will prevent him from ever playing a second in the NBA. It's the fact that I'm a better shooter at age 57 than he is right now.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 09:33:38 PM »
he wasn't out during the initial warmups which makes me think there is some truth to the iv's.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »
I happened to be walking up 17th this afternoon when i crossed paths w/ DJ.  I am not a doctor but he did not look that well

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »
He's got Creanitis.

I think I have it, too...

And my shrink said it's evolving into Creanophobia.

SS Marquette

T_Holmes

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »
For everyone on this board to be "so-called" adults why do you guys continue to rip on a player from a team that you root for.  For 1 I personally know that Dominic has the flu.  Maybe the ones who continue to rip the players are really jealous that they couldn't be Division 1 caliber athletes in whatever sport they chose.  If I was Dominic i would want to get away from stupid @$$ fans like you guys that only continue to say negative things about him.  So maybe you guys should think about what you say about a 21 year kid that is representing the university that you cheer for.  So what if he doesn't make it to the NBA he'll have his degree at the end of the year.  Pretty damn good for a headcase huh?  So in closing, do you guys think the players read these message boards or hear the things you say during games?  The answer is yes.   But they continue to shake your hands and sign your autographs when 20 minutes before you were saying they suck.  Maybe boys and girls the team needs to TUNE OUT THE FANS WHO CONTINUALLY BASH THEM!!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »
For everyone on this board to be "so-called" adults why do you guys continue to rip on a player from a team that you root for.  For 1 I personally know that Dominic has the flu.  Maybe the ones who continue to rip the players are really jealous that they couldn't be Division 1 caliber athletes in whatever sport they chose.  If I was Dominic i would want to get away from stupid @$$ fans like you guys that only continue to say negative things about him.  So maybe you guys should think about what you say about a 21 year kid that is representing the university that you cheer for.  So what if he doesn't make it to the NBA he'll have his degree at the end of the year.  Pretty damn good for a headcase huh?  So in closing, do you guys think the players read these message boards or hear the things you say during games?  The answer is yes.   But they continue to shake your hands and sign your autographs when 20 minutes before you were saying they suck.  Maybe boys and girls the team needs to TUNE OUT THE FANS WHO CONTINUALLY BASH THEM!!!!

Good points

MUWeb7

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »

I Agree.

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »
I don't blame the players, I blame Crean.  This season has been one of his worst coaching jobs.  I am normally one of his biggest supporters, but he should give his last paycheck back, because the "game plan" he devised for Louisville was beyond stupid.  Having all 5 defenders above the freethrow line is a great way to give up easy layups.

As for James and the flu, I do not doubt that he was sick, however, I find it amazing that year in and year out we are ravaged by the flu while I never hear a peep about it elsewhere.  Get flu shots fellas.  It may not always work, but it is better than nothing.

feedback