[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We were NEVER in this game...  (Read 3406 times)

KC_Warrior

• Starter
We were NEVER in this game...
« on: February 04, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »
I've never seen Marquette beat so badly at home.

Who agreed to the 6 pm start time?  Why don't we just move the game to Louisville?  Watching at home, it seemed we had NO home court advantage.

What happened to Fitz?  A complete non-factor.  How soon do we get his scholarship back?

Where was the drive and dish we saw vs. UC?  That IS our bread and butter.  When we shoot jump shots, we lose by 20.

Ever notice how badly we miss from three?  I mean, it is not even close.  Hitting the backboard, clanging off the rim.  These are BAD misses.

What happened to Cubillian?  All of a sudden, he can't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Bottom line, NO LEADERSHIP.  Seriously, who is the leader on this team?  Nobody.

I hate to be so critical but I am beyond frustrated after such a good performance against UC followed up by the WORST performance I have ever seen at home.

KC_Warrior

• Starter
Re: We were NEVER in this game...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
This loss was EMBARASSING.

wheresthecake?

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
What happened to Fitz?  A complete non-factor.  How soon do we get his scholarship back?
Agreed, did anyone else notice when he was facing away from the basket for a defensive rebound down low??  Or when he had what looked like and open 3, but didn't even look to shoot and passed to DJ who bricked a 3??  Just unbelievable how big of a waste of minutes he is when he doesn't shoot.

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »
An uninspiring excuse of an effort.  I agree.  We have no leader.  We had opportunites to cut into the lead but we just couldn't execute anything.  Giving up an uncontested three, missing the front end of a one and one, giving them second chances by not defensively rebounding??  Inexcusable.  Horrible free throw shooting and worse defense.  Blown out on national TV at home.  Embarassing is right.  Now we go into ND, ahead of us in the Big East and who has a 33 home game winning streak.  I'm scared.  I had to turn this game off it was so bad.  Every 5 seconds a time out or a stupid ticky tack foul.  No rythm at all.  What a painful experience and I wish I could have those 2 hours back.

This team is too inconsistent, bipolar to expect anything.   You never know who is going to show up.  I have no expectations for this team anymore and any game is a toss up.

KC_Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one completely disgusted by this lack of effort.

Seriously, what was with the 6 pm game time?  I'm not trying to make excuses, we would have got our asses kicked at any time of day but why give away the home court advantage like that?

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:30:36 PM »

Seriously, what was with the 6 pm game time?  I'm not trying to make excuses, we would have got our asses kicked at any time of day but why give away the home court advantage like that?

ESPN decided when this game started

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:51:44 PM »
Did we really play that well at Cincy, or was it just a matter of UC missing a bunch of wide-open looks? Whatever. I'm starting to think this team is beyond repair.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 08:54:41 PM »
Did we really play that well at Cincy, or was it just a matter of UC missing a bunch of wide-open looks? Whatever. I'm starting to think this team is beyond repair.

Not sure we are beyond repair yet, but the paramedics are on their way.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »

Not sure we are beyond repair yet, but the paramedics are on their way.

Yeah. And the new guy is over in the corner, puking his guts out. We're just waiting for the coroner to show up and say "OH MY GOD!"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 08:57:57 PM by marqptm »

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:56:20 PM »
This team is completely immune to any sort of momentum...

KC_Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »

So ESPN says jump and we say how high?  C'mon, if we want to play this game at 7 or 7:30, we still can.  ESPN probably won't televise the game but it would still be played nonetheless.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »
Big monday usually runs on eastern time.

7pm game, followd by 9pm game.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »
This game was out of reach when L-ville took a 5-0 lead.

I am dead serious!!

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 09:16:46 PM »

So ESPN says jump and we say how high?  C'mon, if we want to play this game at 7 or 7:30, we still can.  ESPN probably won't televise the game but it would still be played nonetheless.

hahahahh. thank you!!! i don't care if it gives MU the chance of having a nationally televised game, they should've have sacrificed that extra hour or hour 1/2 just to have an espn game. a 7 p.m. game is going to have much better attendance.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »
Seems like we are down 9-2 or something to start every single freakin' game!  I don't know how, but that has got to stop immediately.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

mucrew08

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »
Lets stop trying to find things to blame this game on. The start time did not make us lose this game. Our lack of being able to make a basket did that.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40:30 PM »
Lets stop trying to find things to blame this game on. The start time did not make us lose this game. Our lack of being able to make a basket did that.
the point ppl are trying to make is the ridiculously early start time prevented at least some (if not a lot) of fans from making the game. not that it would've made the difference,  but it would've allowed MU to use the home court advantage, they are good at home. at least until tonight.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »
WE played out best stretch when Scott C was on the floor - but that didn't last too long for some reason