[Today at 01:29:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:47:04 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Badgerhater
[Today at 11:58:05 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:43:15 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Donald Williams - Aki's first recruit?  (Read 10211 times)

DJAMES1

• Walk-On
Re: Donald Williams - Aki's first recruit?
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »
Any way we could keep this thread on Donald Williams?  Any other info on this kid?

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »
Agreed. I am a new "recruit" to the forum and stumbled on it shortly after Crean left. As someone who is 45 ( not sure of the average age of the posters) and enjoyed Crean's restoration of the Marquette name and program but faulted his game coaching and definitely the manner in which he left,loved Kevin O'Neill during his time at Marquette until he left, did not like the manner in which the Buzz hire came about ( although obviously not privy to the details)it doesn't seem that constructive to compare Buzz and Crean when Buzz has yet to coach a game let alone a season. While skeptical of the hire, I like the coaching staff he has brought in, think the Maymon signing is huge ( even if he may have an overzealous father or need to hit the books) and like the fact that he seems to be going after players to field a team along the lines of Memphis,Louisville,West Virginia etc in terms of 6 7,6 8 athletes.
Maybe one thread could be started for those who want to bitch or defend Crean and compare and contrast Crean and Buzz. I for one am someone who wants to look forward rather than backwards.
PS...the info on the recruits in the threads is great. Thanks to those who post it.
Once a warrior always a warrior.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 02:05:08 AM »
enjoyed Crean's restoration of the Marquette name and program but faulted his game coaching and definitely the manner in which he left,loved Kevin O'Neill during his time at Marquette until he left, did not like the manner in which the Buzz hire came about ( although obviously not privy to the details)it doesn't seem that constructive to compare Buzz and Crean when Buzz has yet to coach a game let alone a season. While skeptical of the hire, I like the coaching staff he has brought in, think the Maymon signing is huge ( even if he may have an overzealous father or need to hit the books) and like the fact that he seems to be going after players to field a team along the lines of Memphis,Louisville,West Virginia etc in terms of 6 7,6 8 athletes.
Maybe one thread could be started for those who want to bitch or defend Crean and compare and contrast Crean and

Great early post from the new guy.  There are a lot of people on this board who are your age, not myself but i think ZFB is only 2 or 3 years younger and almost assuredly looks older.

I really do agree with every single thing you said.

It's your idea to start a post go do it.  And do a good job, because i don't like new posters and i don't trust them. *

Buzz is a talented recruiter.  He really gets people to buy into his system, but his success will always be partially because the program that he's selling is one that cean vastly contributed to.  Don't you think buzz says "You are going to be on espn constantly?".  Crean didn't have that as a tool early on.

*teal is sarcasm.

but i meant it.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2008, 03:29:14 AM »
It certainly might be nice to pick up another guard for the future this year and focus on C and PG next year for

feedback