[Today at 09:42:25 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Road Ready  (Read 10235 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Road Ready
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2020, 01:44:00 PM »
jonny09

Not sure on your age, but know you bring little to the board. Why are you so bitter?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2020, 02:07:55 PM »
I want to go back to touch on my comment about lack of toughness. I don't wanna be the guy who says it was better the way Al did it or the way it was done 40+ years ago.

But there was a very definite reason why Al recruited NYC and Chicago. He wanted the tough city kids who learned their game on the playgrounds. Now we have suburb type guys. Not tough enough. Not willing to do the dirty work. Just play that AAU ball and run up and down the court and play the easy defense with your arms instead of your feet.

I think the complete lack of toughness is the biggest failing of the teams under Wojo.

Totally. If our threes aren't dropping the opposition is just going to patiently attack with bigger/stronger/more explosive players and get a good look at the basket down the stretch. If those good looks don't drop, we're gonna get out-toughed for the offensive rebound back-breaking putback. Very frustrating way to lose, and I suspect that's what causes some losses to stick in fans' craws for longer.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2020, 02:09:02 PM »
Coming from the grandpa arguing with 20 and 30 year olds.  I’ll take that as a compliment.  You are literally nothing more than a fool.  A fool who knows very little about sports.  The truth sometimes hurts papa

Yes, chico is an argumentative fool. But, you are showing you are in the same class. A perfect example of why actual adults tend to have little use for your comments.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »
Why do you keep saying we’re “dealing with injuries”?  Yeah, Greg was hurt yesterday, but everyone else was active.  I know Theo and Koby are playing with injured hands, but if they’re suiting up and getting minutes, they should be expected to produce.  And if they can’t, they shouldn’t be playing.

We are not “dealing with injuries” right now, not really.  Greg is a role player.  When Dom James got hurt his senior year, we were dealing with injuries because we were a different team without him.  Ditto Travis the year he got hurt. 

We are not “dealing with injuries” to the point where it’s an excuse for losing.

Ummmm, I keep saying it because it's true ???

I don't expect guys that are sacrificing for the team and playing through injuries to produce like they should if they were healthy. If only Marquette had two more experienced and talented players to afford the team the luxury of sitting players. Yeah if only....

My point was that injuries are a compounding factor in addition to the loss of the Hausers, and those injuries are hampering the development and success of this years team.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:17:17 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

panda

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2020, 02:16:34 PM »

I don't expect guys that are sacrificing for the team and playing through injuries to produce like they should if they were healthy. If only Marquette had a two more experienced and talented players to afford the team the luxury of sitting players. Yeah if only....

My point was that injuries are a compounding factor in addition to the loss of the Hausers, and those injuries are hampering the development and success of this years team.

Koby stunk long before the thumb issue came up

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2020, 02:27:02 PM »

I don't expect guys that are sacrificing for the team and playing through injuries to produce like they should if they were healthy. If only Marquette had a two more experienced and talented players to afford the team the luxury of sitting players. Yeah if only....

If we lose Markus, then yes, we can blame injuries for a lackluster season.  Right now, in this very moment, injuries should not be an excuse for us. 

Losing the Hausers also should not be an excuse for why we’re worse.  Many on here thought we’d be better, or at least just as good, without them.  “We’ll be quicker and more athletic now that the quitters are gone.”  “We have all the guys who want to be Warriors now.” 

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2020, 03:30:29 PM »
Koby stunk long before the thumb issue came up

Koby was average before the thumb issue, some good some bad. He had a few solid stat lines the two games before the injury and was money from the line. He also stepped up in the Purdue game and has played solid defense most of the time. I don't have a problem with people pointing out flaws in a coach or a player, but I take exception to those who misrepresent the historical record to support their opinions.

feedback