[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ND blog  (Read 10219 times)

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
Re: ND blog
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2008, 10:18:34 AM »
I, for one, plan on acting like a crazy soccer hooligan at the ND game and any ND fans in my section are going to get an earful. 
There's being a good fan and then there's being a jackass. Let the ND people be the latter, eh?

F that.  If they're going to be whiny little snobs and scoop up all the tickets, they get what's coming to them.  I say go ape down there.  I've done it many times and I'm proud of it.
"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »
I, for one, plan on acting like a crazy soccer hooligan at the ND game and any ND fans in my section are going to get an earful. 
There's being a good fan and then there's being a jackass. Let the ND people be the latter, eh?

F that.  If they're going to be whiny little snobs and scoop up all the tickets, they get what's coming to them.  I say go ape down there.  I've done it many times and I'm proud of it.
I guess if you don't mind being verbally abused and harassed when you go to South Bend, then that's fair. Just don't come back from a road trip and whine about "classless" fans, since you're one of them.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »

I guess if you don't mind being verbally abused and harassed when you go to South Bend, then that's fair. Just don't come back from a road trip and whine about "classless" fans, since you're one of them.

agree, and please copy for the DePaul home game on the 26th.  I didn't appreciate their fans last year much, and I can only imagine how it felt to be a visiting ND fan saturday at the BC. There's fierce heckling, and then there's just being over the line offensive.  At least be original and don't just resort to vulgarity, come on.

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2008, 06:47:05 PM »

I'm sorry but using pot does not make someone a bad person. He appears to be a respectable kid (and good player). I think we were all ready for Saunders to be a Warrior and he got busted for pot. Had we still taken him, I doubt you'd be tearing him apart for it.

Tear em' apart for their smugness and arrogance, not petty stuff like this.

Good point, chunk.  To add to this, I wouldn't bash him for using pot -- that's really not something to get on somebody for -- but I'd bash him for being an idiot for getting caught.  Really, is it that tough to keep the weed (and any and all paraphernalia) in an apartment?  The "pothead" chants that were circulating in some parts of the student section were rather stupid because I'd guess that half the kids chanting have done or are doing pot (as you mentioned).

EDIT:  Bleh -- I see I'm late to the party and most of this has been mentioned.

isnt this the same board that just last thursday or friday was urging students to get rowdy and chide the other team like they did in the old days? and now people are saying that chanting "pothead" was stupid. What should have been chanted? "Where's Digger now?" I mean come on. At least there was some chiding going on. My favorite was the "McAlarney wants a doobie" chant that i heard.

See -- that one makes me chuckle a bit.  I wish I'd heard it.

Either way I think it's a bit high. (no pun intended)  And believe me i'm not one to criticize him in respect, but i still would have joined in, unless I had one i thought was better, which i can't... do you have any suggestions?

I think the beat-down we were putting on ND spoke more than any chant could.  I don't have to "think of one better", either -- I'm not a "rah! rah!" person unless provoked (like at DePaul last year), and saw no reason to do anything but soak in and fully enjoy the ass kicking we were putting on the Irish.