[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfers out of MU  (Read 10197 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Transfers out of MU
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 08:53:16 AM »
Am I the only who who, when a player transfers out of MU, thinks, "Well, if they don't want to be here then good luck to them. Hope they find what they're looking for somewhere else."

Maybe I'm lucky in this regard. I always felt this way about employees that quit or whatever. Basically my feeling is if you don't want to be a part of the organization, then I don't want you around and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Dawson seems like a really good kid. Burton has the makings of a solid college player. In the end, I just really hope the best for them in hoops and in life, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Nope, you are not alone. I said the same thing (think on Page 9 of comments).

Here's to the best for both of them. They're good kids and we should wish them well in life.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »
Nope, you are not alone. I said the same thing (think on Page 9 of comments).

Here's to the best for both of them. They're good kids, and we should wish them well in life.
And that's it....you cold cold people. In the season to be jolly as well.

This is a poor reaction to have. I'm sorry. To me each situation is different and delicate. Have some compassion and levity here.

From what we know if it is about basketball both John Dawson and Deonte are good kids and players and work hard. One might sulk more than the other or so but both great and wanted to be here. Especially Deonte being from here.

To he [Wojo and his staff] could have worked with them both. That is being inflexible and rigid unless the situation was about something other then bball. 
Only 7 games without a Big in Fischer is too quick for them to leave or for the player to just quit.  

You throw out his roomie after the loss of his mother who was like a family member to him and then you limit his playing time and harp on things you can take care of in practice.

TEACH HIM THEN! Your'e the coach!

Now as far as Deonte is concern I think he just got ticked based on the treatment of Dawson after losing his mother that was too hard to take. I can understand that...teammates are family too you know.

I don't think any coaching is that big of a fool to play it is my way or the highway with a talent like Burton and I don't think Burton is the kind of young man who refused to be coached.

But there is a saying you all have heard that I stand by that some of the coaches are arrogant enough and stubborn enough to think they can.
And maybe it applies more to the NBA and that is that You can't coach talent you play it. Especially with a depleted roster coming into the season.

Deonte was the first player to welcome Wojo when he came. And it is maybe that Wojo was using Deonte the 'best player' as a teaching tool to others saying, 'if you don't defend and rebound and do what I tell you I don't care who you are and how good you are you will sit' card on Deonte and was gambling the young man could take it mentally as a motivational ploy and it backfired...understandably so with what was happening in his life.

I am just assuming that is what happened. But either way it was a big time loss. Run over to Michagan State Deonte and let Tom Izzo work with you...or UCLA and get as far away from Milwaukee as you can.

Good fortunes to both the young men. I will miss not seeing their growth. Go MU!  
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:51:00 PM by MUHoopsFan2 »

connie

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »
And that's it....you cold cold people. In the season to be jolly as well.

This is a poor reaction to have. I'm sorry. To me each situation is different and delicate. Have some compassion and levity here.

From what we know if it is about basketball both John Dawson and Deonte are good kids and players and work hard. One might sulk more than the other or so but both great and wanted to be here. Especially Deonte being from here.

To he [Wojo and his staff] could have worked with them both. That is being inflexible and rigid unless the situation was about something other then bball. 
Only 7 games without a Big in Fischer is too quick for them to leave or for the player to just quit.  

You throw out his roomie after the loss of his mother who was like a family member to him and then you limit his playing time and harp on things you can take care of in practice.

TEACH HIM THEN! Your'e the coach!

Now as far as Deonte is concern I think he just got ticked based on the treatment of Dawson after losing his mother that was too hard to take. I can understand that...teammates are family too you know.

I don't think any coaching is that big of a fool to play it is my way or the highway with a talent like Burton and I don't think Burton is the kind of young man who refused to be coached.

But there is a saying you all have heard that I stand by that some of the coaches are arrogant enough and stubborn enough to think they can.
And maybe it applies more to the NBA and that is that You can't coach talent you play it. Especially with a depleted roster coming into the season.

Deonte was the first player to welcome Wojo when he came. And it is maybe that Wojo was using Deonte the 'best player' as a teaching tool to others saying, 'if you don't defend and rebound and do what I tell you I don't care who you are and how good you are you will sit' card on Deonte and was gambling the young man could take it mentally as a motivational ploy and it backfired...understandably so with what was happening in his life.

I am just assuming that is what happened. But either way it was a big time loss. Run over to Michagan State Deonte and let Tom Izzo work with you...or UCLA and get as far away from Milwaukee as you can.

Good fortunes to both the young men. I will miss not seeing their growth. Go MU!  
Dude, Merry Christmas.  And take your lithium.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 09:02:56 PM »
Dude, Merry Christmas.  And take your lithium.

I laughed.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
DJ newbill the big one
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »
I'm not sure the official status, but he had signed with us I believe. He is the star we are missing. I have him as 1st team all-big ten this year at Penn state
 He is the one insure have loved to keep.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).