[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander Blue Injured?  (Read 10236 times)

MUMac

• All American
Re: Vander Blue Injured?
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2011, 06:37:46 PM »
Blue will never be the scorer McNeal was.  Blue is a better defender at this point in his career.

Agreed.  My point on bringing up McNeal was the similar frustrations voiced from the many coaches in the stands about his play.  McNeal struggled finishing and did not have a good outside shot early in his career.  ErickJD08 commented that McNeal made big strides his sophomore season.  Not completely accurate.  He was still inconsistent offensively.  He was getting stronger, but not yet there, on his drives.  Especially when comparing to similar points in the season.

I am not saying Blue will be McNeal, but the fans who have given up on him or want him to stop driving are making a HUGE mistake.  I am just glad that Buzz does not see it their way. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2011, 09:31:55 PM »
Just because he is driving more often or shooting more often does not mean he is better. The problem is his results are the same. The same blown layups. The same weak drives. The same missed jumpers. The same 'caught in the air with nowhere to go' decisions.

I feel like you read the first sentence I wrote and just spit out the same robotic response as ever. Maybe that's not the case, but you really seem to have quoted my (relatively short) post without giving it anything more than a cursory look.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »
I feel like you read the first sentence I wrote and just spit out the same robotic response as ever. Maybe that's not the case, but you really seem to have quoted my (relatively short) post without giving it anything more than a cursory look.

I read your entire statement. You ended with something along the lines that he is a completely different player. In my eyes, making the same mistakes and missing the same shots is the same type of player. Just because he is making those mistakes more often doesn't make him a different player.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
Expectations can be a killer. At the end of the day, he came in as a 5 star. Those type of players have the expectations where they will contribute on both ends of the court.

See, this is the problem in my opinion.

Vander is a solid soph. with a lot of potential, but because some people had such high expectations, they are disappointed.

He's clearly the best soph. (and that includes Jamil), and probably has the most upside.

You need to forget all of the pre-MU stuff and look at who he actually is as a player.

Honestly, what Vander did before he played for MU and what he does after should have no effect oh how you view him while he plays at MU. 

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »
He plays hard, and is a leader by example.The weaker parts of his game will come along with more minutes, like a solid mid-range jump shot and better choices he can make with the ball.

feedback