[Today at 09:42:25 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by #UnleashSean
[Today at 09:35:14 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scotty C.  (Read 10215 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Scotty C.
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 01:48:40 PM »
Can the mods automatically lock all threads that are started by Hayward to bait Chicos?  This is probably one of the gayest things I've ever seen.  Why don't you two just sleep together and get it over with?

I agree with the last part of your post...In the words of Kramer (coincidentally enough), "Don't you two see, that your in love with each other?"

I disagree with the part about locking threads though. locking threads is weak.

Kramerica

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 01:52:21 PM »

I disagree with the part about locking threads though. locking threads is weak.

Well maybe not lock them, but maybe move them to a thread over at the Superbar or something?  So at least I know to ignore them.

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »
Can the mods automatically lock all threads that are started by Hayward to bait Chicos?  This is probably one of the gayest things I've ever seen.  Why don't you two just sleep together and get it over with?

I think they have already and that's a big reason for the animosity.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
I think they have already and that's a big reason for the animosity.

I rebuffed him and the relationship has never been the same.

He's back on ignore....I think that makes 25 people

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 06:27:50 PM »
I rebuffed him and the relationship has never been the same.

He's back on ignore....I think that makes 25 people

something I do not find shocking at all.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »
something I do not find shocking at all.

Stop it, you two!  I'm not going to tell you again!
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 07:51:53 PM »
SC's on ESPN360 right now. He's not getting ANY touches. Brackins, Gilstrap, Staiger, Hamilton, Garrett and others are treating him like the guy who stands and watches other people play at the park then one guy has to leave then they finger over to SC to come in to fill his spot because they can't run a game 5 on 4.

SC dunking in HS got me excited.
Too bad that he had more talented players in front of him at MU.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »
SC's on ESPN360 right now. He's not getting ANY touches. Brackins, Gilstrap, Staiger, Hamilton, Garrett and others are treating him like the guy who stands and watches other people play at the park then one guy has to leave then they finger over to SC to come in to fill his spot because they can't run a game 5 on 4.

SC dunking in HS got me excited.
Too bad that he had more talented players in front of him at MU.

Well he just hit a 3 pointer and the Cyclones are trailing by 2 points at Nebraska with 8 minutes to play.  

EDIT:  He just hit another 3 pointer and the Cyclones just took the lead

EDIT:  Iowa State wins at Nebraska....they trailed by 5 with under 10 minutes to play until Scotty C. hit the two three pointers to put them ahead for good.  They never trailed again, beating Nebraska 56-53.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:01:18 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »
I have alot of respect for Scott.  He came from a small town (Melrose, population < 1000) in western Wisconsin and was able to advance to the D1 level.  Nice to see things like that happen.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 12:23:10 AM »
I have alot of respect for Scott.  He came from a small town (Melrose, population < 1000) in western Wisconsin and was able to advance to the D1 level.  Nice to see things like that happen.

Didn't you hear, he's nothing more than a D3 player that somehow escaped all odds and got a DI scholarship from a Big East team and then a D1 scholarship from a Big 12 team.  How that happened when he was only a D3 player is a mystery that few will ever be able to answer.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
Well he just hit a 3 pointer and the Cyclones are trailing by 2 points at Nebraska with 8 minutes to play.  

EDIT:  He just hit another 3 pointer and the Cyclones just took the lead

EDIT:  Iowa State wins at Nebraska....they trailed by 5 with under 10 minutes to play until Scotty C. hit the two three pointers to put them ahead for good.  They never trailed again, beating Nebraska 56-53.

No doubt he hit two big threes, but let's revisit the entire game line:

20 min.
2-6 FG
2-4 3pt
nothing else

I watched the game and he had some 3s tagged on him as well as dribble penetration go past him.

Nebraska lost this game by not playing aggressively.
You cannot make ONLY 2 FTs for the entire game much less attempt ONLY 8!!!
SS Marquette

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 08:48:12 AM »
see here chicos goes again every thing is diversionary.  The real question is does having Scott Chrositopherson on the MU roster contribute to the "cupboard being stocked"?  Personally i think that is a joke.  ISU is terrible and SC is a bit player on that team.  

lastly , point blank....of our current 4 guards is SC better than Buycks, cubi, Djo, or Acker?  My answer is he cant hold their jocks.

Chicos please answer my point blank question.

i ask the question point blank to chicos becuase he will never answer them.  he cant go diversionary on point blank questions so he says he never saw them

Bottom line people are complaining this year that two of our "stocked cupboard " players in Cubi and Acker are so over matched.  Mu fans would be howling if SC was still here.  Simply 3 players from our "stocked cupboard "  that are simply not BE caliber players that would not be playing more than bit minutes on an upper echelon BE team. Cubi and acker are playing due to circumstance not talent
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:11:21 AM by MR.HAYWARD »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »
Fact is, if he was on this team, he wouldn't play. He would be a topic on this board like Eric Williams is...

"He's probably our best 3-pt shooter, why can't he get 7-10 minutes per game?"

"Because for every three he makes, the guy he is 'guarding' will score 4 points."

"Who are you going to put on the bench so he can play?"

"Blah. Blah. Blah"

It seems he may have found the right spot, but put me in the camp that says he would be no help to MU. He's a role player on a team that frankly isn't any good (even if they did manage to knock off mighty Nebraska).

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »
Fact is, if he was on this team, he wouldn't play. He would be a topic on this board like Eric Williams is...

"He's probably our best 3-pt shooter, why can't he get 7-10 minutes per game?"

"Because for every three he makes, the guy he is 'guarding' will score 4 points."

"Who are you going to put on the bench so he can play?"

"Blah. Blah. Blah"

It seems he may have found the right spot, but put me in the camp that says he would be no help to MU. He's a role player on a team that frankly isn't any good (even if they did manage to knock off mighty Nebraska).

blasphemy!!!!!   Scotty is gritty.....he is smart....and we will wish we had him when teams zone us as they "will in spades".  we will wish we had him when those bricklayers from 3 like DJO, cubi, Buycks, and hayward are clanking shots.   :D :D :D :D :D  stupid comments/predictions deserve to be mocked and laughed at.  Chicos should be an analyst with his expertise  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:16:24 AM by MR.HAYWARD »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 10:22:42 AM »
I agree, he would not play for Buzz because it's not his style (though that doesn't mean he couldn't contribute here).  I also believe that when an !$!#@% claims he is a DIII player he is showing that he is nothing but an !#$!%%.

Good for SC, glad he  made some huge shots last night. It was Iowa State's first conference road win in almost 3 years...their coach has done a nice job of turning that program slowly around, which takes time.

At any rate, I'll always say if the Wisconsin Player of the Year is a DI talent, then MU should take them.  Some of you disagree, but I'll always be in that camp.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:40:41 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 10:29:29 AM »
At any rate, I'll always say if the Wisconsin Player of the Year is a DI talent, then MU should take them.  Some of you disagree, but I'll always be in that camp.

Given the way the last 2 have not worked out, taking a guy based solely on winning some silly award, would be kinda dumb. DI talent is one thing, but the ability to play and fit in with the team/style is something else entirely. Christopheron signed with MU pretty early as I recall, and Maymon was a well known chance worth taking for Buzz as a new coach, but even assuming he has DI talent, signing the POY simply because he is the POY isn't very sound practice. It would be a little like the NFL team with the first pick automatically taking the guy that won the Heisman trophy, because he won the Heisman.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 05:03:01 PM »
I understand Chico's POV: you gotta protect your backyard. I agree with that somewhat.

But I think Buzz's plan is to take the best talent ANYWHERE.

It just so happens that Vander is the best Wisconsin talent next year.
SS Marquette

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »
Note to the board My question has still not been answered by chicos...

i will pose it again...point blank....of our current 4 guards is SC better than Buycks, cubi, Djo, or Acker?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
Given the way the last 2 have not worked out, taking a guy based solely on winning some silly award, would be kinda dumb. DI talent is one thing, but the ability to play and fit in with the team/style is something else entirely. Christopheron signed with MU pretty early as I recall, and Maymon was a well known chance worth taking for Buzz as a new coach, but even assuming he has DI talent, signing the POY simply because he is the POY isn't very sound practice. It would be a little like the NFL team with the first pick automatically taking the guy that won the Heisman trophy, because he won the Heisman.

It's more about winning a "silly award" but has a lot to do with recruiting.  If I recall, Wisconsin offered SC as well, they aren't exactly a crappy program.  Wisconsin didn't offer Maymon, which should have been a tell tale sign for everyone in the world that he was nuclear.

Notice I didn't say take the POY each time, I said take the POY who is also a D1 talent (and by that, I mean a major D1 talent).   That's a distinct difference.  There will be years that the POY is not a high D1 talent, and in those years I wouldn't take the POY.  But when they are, yes...I would take them.

I don't think the NFL analogy is even remotely in the ballpark.  Football is a totally different game.  Let's look at it another way, the college basketball player of the year is almost always a 1st round draft pick in the NBA (not always, but virtually)...that's a much more apples to apples comparison.  The NFL is a different sport and totally different deal based on need, etc.  It's a team game where it is more difficult for individuals to make their mark (qb's the one exception), where basketball is a team game dominated by individual talents and one individual can make all the difference in the world.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »
Notice I didn't say take the POY each time, I said take the POY who is also a D1 talent (and by that, I mean a major D1 talent).

Notice I acknowledged that...twice.

There will be years that the POY is not a high D1 talent, and in those years I wouldn't take the POY.  But when they are, yes...I would take them.

Well, according to you, both Christopherson and Maymon have high D1 talent...Marquette took them both. Neither worked out, so tell me how in either case taking the POY because he was the POY was a good idea?  Christopherson couldn't play, and Maymon was 'nuclear' and was kicked off the team. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.  Even though you and everyone in the world knew he was nuclear, you would have taken Maymon because he has D1 talent and won POY. Is that correct?

How about a kid who poses a significant academic risk? How about a kid who has had some legal troubles? How a bout a kid who wins POY, but is obviously not as good as other players coming in/ahead of him at the same position and is destined to ride the bench?

That POY title means little/nothing unless the kid can play and fits with what the team is trying to do.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »
Let's look at it another way, the college basketball player of the year is almost always a 1st round draft pick in the NBA (not always, but virtually)

And? So what? Is he always the 1st player taken? That is more in line with what you are suggesting...that a player should be taken based on the award. The NCAA POY is usually taken in the 1st round because he projects as a good NBA player, not because he was the national POY.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
I understand Chico's POV: you gotta protect your backyard. I agree with that somewhat.

But I think Buzz's plan is to take the best talent ANYWHERE.

It just so happens that Vander is the best Wisconsin talent next year.

Plus, the POY of the state usually comes from a top program in the state.  From my POV, it's good to keep trying to get the best players from the best programs as it keeps relationships with high school and AAU coaches in good form. 

I'm all for going for the best talent anywhere, you have to.  Wisconsin doesn't have enough talent and with UW-Madison as good as they are, you have to broaden your reach. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
Plus, the POY of the state usually comes from a top program in the state.  From my POV, it's good to keep trying to get the best players from the best programs as it keeps relationships with high school and AAU coaches in good form. 

Of course its good to try to get the best players from the best programs, but what does the POY title have to do with that?  When you take a guy who wins POY but doesn't fit in (like Maymon and Christopherson) and they end up discontented and leave, how does that keep those relationships in good form?

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »

Agreed.

But isn't the Chicago/Illinois pipeline more valuable than the WI one?
Heck, the NY pipeline is what got Marquette to the promised land in the 70s!
SS Marquette

feedback