collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: In response to U.S. gun carnage, Canada to enact tough laws  (Read 24740 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Re: In response to U.S. gun carnage, Canada to enact tough laws
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2022, 03:55:36 PM »
Floyd R. Turbo, 2024!

Floyd R. Turbo!!!!!! One of Carson's all-time greatest sketches. Always a knee-slapper with Floyd at the podium. Thanks for introducing some levity into an otherwise deadly serious topic. And who says liberals are all dour, humorless party poopers. Not me by golly.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2022, 04:03:28 PM »
Elimination of assault rifles (which I’m fine with) is required for someone to hunt by states right now 🤔

Everything else you mentioned I’d support.  But glad we agree it’s not the gun but rather the responsible or sometimes irresponsible individual using the gun we need to better identify and control.
Sometimes it is the gun (assault rifle), the magazine capacity, as well as the ease of obtaining these weapons.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2022, 04:31:43 PM »

All of this sh*ts been addressed earlier in the topic.  Perhaps you should read up instead of vomiting the same tired talking points.

you have a real hang up with "talking points" but you never seem to deny their plausibility or righteousness.  if it's "talking points" you seem to abhor, then surely you must be fed up with all the tired crap coming from your team as well
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2022, 05:31:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/amierrivers/status/1532806169139486723?s=21&t=H6u92hpc-FjQWUqCsHnhxA

if the dude was CONVICTED of said crimes-no he isn't allowed to legally own and carry guns.  if ACCUSED, unfortunately that doesn't count.  we have felons running around with guns every day.  not accused, but CONVICTED felons

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2022, 05:32:22 PM »
  if the dude was CONVICTED of said crimes-no he isn't allowed to legally own and carry guns.  if ACCUSED, unfortunately that doesn't count.  we have felons running around with guns every day.  not accused, but CONVICTED felons

Because we have too many guns

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2022, 05:36:00 PM »
Every Fall 600,000 people ( mostly white males for those of you obsessed with race) head to Northern Wisconsin for a week of hunting. And they take with them 600,000+ guns and enough liquor to float a battleship. Yet no one gets shot intentionally and there certainly aren't any mass murders.

Uhhh ...
Time moves on, but the memories last forever.
Gun deer hunting season in northern Wisconsin routinely resurrects the sadness of Nov. 21, 2004, when six people with Rice Lake ties were killed and two others wounded in the Sawyer County woods.
Chai Soua Vang, a hunter and reported military sharpshooter from St. Paul, will die in prison for the murders.

https://www.twincities.com/2014/11/20/10-years-ago-6-deer-hunters-slain-in-woods-of-western-wisconsin/

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2022, 05:48:16 PM »

So to clarify your position,  it is absolutely okay to throw people ACCUSED of crimes into prison but it is not fine to take their guns away temporarily.  Should we give them their guns while they are in prison?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2022, 05:51:06 PM »

Why do you even want laws against felons carrying guns? If a felon really wants to use a gun to commit a crime, they're just going to ignore the law anyhow.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2022, 05:52:14 PM »
Uhhh ...
Time moves on, but the memories last forever.
Gun deer hunting season in northern Wisconsin routinely resurrects the sadness of Nov. 21, 2004, when six people with Rice Lake ties were killed and two others wounded in the Sawyer County woods.
Chai Soua Vang, a hunter and reported military sharpshooter from St. Paul, will die in prison for the murders.

https://www.twincities.com/2014/11/20/10-years-ago-6-deer-hunters-slain-in-woods-of-western-wisconsin/

I remembered that incident very well so I should have said "one mass murder in the entire history of Wisconsin deer hunting". What most intellectually honest people would call a true outlier.

I stand by the point I made in that post.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2022, 05:59:31 PM »
I remembered that incident very well so I should have said "one mass murder in the entire history of Wisconsin deer hunting". What most intellectually honest people would call a true outlier.

I stand by the point I made in that post.

What was your point?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2022, 06:13:41 PM »
What was your point?

That because deer hunters only rarely commit mass murder, the problem clearly isn't guns, it is bad people...that no other country other than America has.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2022, 06:16:32 PM »
Why do you even want laws against felons carrying guns? If a felon really wants to use a gun to commit a crime, they're just going to ignore the law anyhow.

Liberals always demand "MORE gun laws. We need MORE gun laws."

But then they all get predictably squishy when it comes to meeting out punishment. Yes, let's protect the children and everyone else.

Congress should pass a Federal law that says if you possess a firearm in the furtherance of committing a felony ( state or federal) then the Federal Death Penalty SHALL be applied.

Congress should also pass a Federal Law that says if a previously convicted felon is caught in possession of a firearm, the penalty SHALL be life imprisonment with no possibility of parole.

There, that should solve some problems. Who's with me on this??? As I said, liberals are really adept at demanding more gun laws, but if you notice, they never, ever want to discuss punishment for violators.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2022, 06:21:12 PM »
I like your proposal.

Gotta use taxpayer dollars to build more prisons.   I think we should use our military in lieu of prison guards.  Fiscally prudent.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2022, 06:24:25 PM »
Liberals always demand "MORE gun laws. We need MORE gun laws."

But then they all get predictably squishy when it comes to meeting out punishment. Yes, let's protect the children and everyone else.

Congress should pass a Federal law that says if you possess a firearm in the furtherance of committing a felony ( state or federal) then the Federal Death Penalty SHALL be applied.

Congress should also pass a Federal Law that says if a previously convicted felon is caught in possession of a firearm, the penalty SHALL be life imprisonment with no possibility of parole.

There, that should solve some problems. Who's with me on this??? As I said, liberals are really adept at demanding more gun laws, but if you notice, they never, ever want to discuss punishment for violators.

There is certainly no possible way to argue against that strawman. You win!

But actually, even before you made so compelling of a make-believe argument, my mind had already been changed. I now understand why it is so critical that we don't change a thing: The Dastardly Raccoons.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1532529948359008274

Without AR-15s, there would be absolutely no way to defend ourselves against the Afoxalypse.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 06:26:42 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2022, 06:25:42 PM »
Harry Whittington, the guy on the right, was shot in the face, neck and chest by then VP Dick Cheney while the two were quail hunting in Texas in 2006

The shooting caused injuries that took years to heal ... and Whittington said that Cheney never apologized to him.

Fun in Gunmerica!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2022, 06:30:29 PM »
  if the dude was CONVICTED of said crimes-no he isn't allowed to legally own and carry guns.  if ACCUSED, unfortunately that doesn't count.

"I like taking guns away early. Take the guns first, go through due process second."

-- President Donald Trump, Feb. 28, 2018
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2022, 06:48:38 PM »
I like your proposal.

Gotta use taxpayer dollars to build more prisons.   I think we should use our military in lieu of prison guards.  Fiscally prudent.

I'm gratified that you like my proposal. But somehow, I don't think you really do.

Prisons do cost money. But millions of taxpayer dollars all across this country are being spent to retro-fit grammar school bathrooms so that 7 year old boys who think that they're 7 year old girls or profess to wanting to be girls, have a new and more soothing place to pee.

If there's any taxpayer money left after those endeavors, I say damn the cost, let's put these school shooters away so they never hurt anyone else.

C'mon, are you onboard with me????

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #318 on: June 03, 2022, 06:53:40 PM »
Dude, you already busted us, do you have to rub it in?

Somehow, with your exceptional brain power, you discovered that we liberals simultaneously want more gun laws and also absolutely want no punishments for breaking those laws. And also, if we don't advocate for executing those that do break the law, we're just squishy.

We're beaten. Thanks to your great braining.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #319 on: June 03, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »
I'm gratified that you like my proposal. But somehow, I don't think you really do.

Prisons do cost money. But millions of taxpayer dollars all across this country are being spent to retro-fit grammar school bathrooms so that 7 year old boys who think that they're 7 year old girls or profess to wanting to be girls, have a new and more soothing place to pee.

If there's any taxpayer money left after those endeavors, I say damn the cost, let's put these school shooters away so they never hurt anyone else.

C'mon, are you onboard with me????

Yes, the outrageous spending on bathrooms is a real issue.  Farts three times

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2022, 07:00:45 PM »

nuff said here-

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-man-shooting-police-officer-arrest-record-gun-charge

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2022, 07:07:57 PM »
There is certainly no possible way to argue against that strawman. You win!

But actually, even before you made so compelling of a make-believe argument, my mind had already been changed. I now understand why it is so critical that we don't change a thing: The Dastardly Raccoons.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1532529948359008274

Without AR-15s, there would be absolutely no way to defend ourselves against the Afoxalypse.

I can assure you, there was nothing "make believe" about the points in my post. What I'm confused about is why a serious fellow such as yourself wouldn't agree with me.

In case you didn't know it, there is already a Federal Death Penalty on the books ( although one of the first things Biden did in office was to instruct DOJ to suspend it's implementation). If you can't apply it to someone who murders school children, when would you use it?? Oh wait, I do remember a piece on MSNBC about 3 weeks ago where African American leaders in Buffalo were demanding that the death penalty be reinstated by the White House to be used on the Buffalo shooter. Guess we'll find out where the bear chit in the buckwheat there, won't we???

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers

Dickthedribbler

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2022, 07:23:55 PM »
  you have a real hang up with "talking points" but you never seem to deny their plausibility or righteousness.  if it's "talking points" you seem to abhor, then surely you must be fed up with all the tired crap coming from your team as well

I don't have a "team."  And it's pathetic that you apparently think you do.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 07:26:40 PM by User Name #251 »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback