[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[May 06, 2024, 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: In response to U.S. gun carnage, Canada to enact tough laws  (Read 24674 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: In response to U.S. gun carnage, Canada to enact tough laws
« Reply #200 on: June 02, 2022, 05:14:17 PM »
Better be careful, Rocket. They might report you for thought crimes.
They'd be the crimes of others since he has had a thought for himself in ages.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2022, 05:37:02 PM »
There was a lock on the door. It malfunctioned.
And $2 isn't getting you much of a lock, and certainly not one that can be monitored from multiple locations.
It's amazing that some people would rather turn our schools into fortresses than make it just a wee bit harder to acquire a killing machine.

It amazes me that actually making it a lot harder for a school shooter to enter a school would not be the first priority in keeping our school children safe.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2022, 05:41:22 PM »
It amazes me that actually making it a lot harder for a school shooter to enter a school would not be the first priority in keeping our school children safe.

Less guns help, too.  Amazes me people actually think keeping things the same with regards to guns isn’t the first priority to keeping fellow Americans safe
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2022, 05:45:51 PM »

Ah, you're from the Ted Cruz "Only one door, and if there's a fire let the kids burn" school of thought.
Again, there was a lock. Unless you're aware of some means to ensure that no lock ever fails, there's not much more that could have been done there.

Once again, in America, my convenience > your life. (see also: masks during a pandemic).

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2022, 05:47:03 PM »

It wasn’t a problem before you made sure every nut job has access to weapons of war.

You get to choose in November - kids or guns. Which is more important to you?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2022, 06:18:12 PM »
is everything a "talking point" to you guys??  regardless, it's a point that needs to be taken seriously.  every time we put forth a point, you guys just minimize it by saying-
                                                    1) fox news
                                                    2) qnon?
                                                    3) talking point

and this is from the crowd that follows sources that wet themselves over an avenotti presidency

Says the guy who offered this brilliant take:

what we missed was uncle joe and dr jill visiting these mass shootings as well.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2022, 06:45:46 PM »
Here's why N.C. Lt. Governor Mark Robinson owns ARs:

“I’m not ashamed to say it, I’m probably not supposed to say it, but I’m gonna say it anyway — I got them AR-15s in case the government gets too big for its britches. Cause I’m gonna fill the backside of them britches with some lead.”

Says a guy who wants government to climb into women's wombs.

Perfect. Why hang Mike Pence when you can shoot him?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2022, 07:04:21 PM »

“I’m not ashamed to say it, I’m probably not supposed to say it, but I’m gonna say it anyway — I got them AR-15s in case the government gets too big for its britches. Cause I’m gonna fill the backside of them britches with some lead.”

That’s just code for ‘get your guns ready, boys. The next coup we will be successful”.

These Rs are literally crazy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2022, 07:24:39 PM »

Oh yes, the nutters are going to win a war against the government.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2022, 07:26:51 PM »
Ah, you're from the Ted Cruz "Only one door, and if there's a fire let the kids burn" school of thought.
Again, there was a lock. Unless you're aware of some means to ensure that no lock ever fails, there's not much more that could have been done there.

Once again, in America, my convenience > your life. (see also: masks during a pandemic).

ok, here comes another talking point-how about doors that lock people out from the outside, but can get out from the inside.  i think those have been around for a while.

here is a great example of an evil person who has a horrific record, is a felon, caught in possession of a handgun and spent all of 6 mos in the house of correction.  gee, i'm sure that taught him something, oops, now he's threatening a high school.  are we waiting for him to do a mass shooting before he gets put away for good? if you ccap his record, it is horrific

"Branden Raymond is now charged with terrorist threats - public panic or fear. According to the criminal complaint, Milwaukee Police Dispatch received a call on May 24 from a person who stated "she saw a Facebook post warning not to send children to Riverside High School because it was going to be a kid's last day."7 hours ago

https://www.fox6now.com/news/milwaukee-man-threats-riverside-university-high-school

don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2022, 07:30:04 PM »
  ok, here comes another talking point-how about doors that lock people out from the outside, but can get out from the inside.  i think those have been around for a while.

here is a great example of an evil person who has a horrific record, is a felon, caught in possession of a handgun and spent all of 6 mos in the house of correction.  gee, i'm sure that taught him something, oops, now he's threatening a high school.  are we waiting for him to do a mass shooting before he gets put away for good? if you ccap his record, it is horrific

"Branden Raymond is now charged with terrorist threats - public panic or fear. According to the criminal complaint, Milwaukee Police Dispatch received a call on May 24 from a person who stated "she saw a Facebook post warning not to send children to Riverside High School because it was going to be a kid's last day."7 hours ago

https://www.fox6now.com/news/milwaukee-man-threats-riverside-university-high-school

As long as Riverside locked their doors, what’s the problem?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2022, 07:36:25 PM »
I remember the good ol days when you could leave your front door unlocked.

But I also look forward to the days when elementary schools are armed fortresses.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2022, 09:06:48 PM »

Uhhhh ... what happens if the fire is blocking the single school exit?
Burn, baby, burn.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2022, 09:25:31 PM »
Burn, baby, burn.

Multiple emergency exits … One entrance.  urdense. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2022, 09:29:42 PM »
Multiple emergency exits … One entrance.  urdense.

So one door, but multiple emergency exits? Will these emergency exits be magic portals?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2022, 09:40:28 PM »
A 2 dollar lock on the school door would have prevented all of this. How about mandatory locks on all school doors that can be monitored not only at the school but local sheriff's department. That is legislation I can support.

First off, $2 doesn't even cover a third of the cost of a cheap padlock (https://www.acehardware.com/departments/hardware/safety-and-security/padlocks/50140?store=14366&gclid=CjwKCAjwv-GUBhAzEiwASUMm4iecqMnh2Wf-u4ESG6GrpcIeBlfM2LiFIYxBhAsu1U2rQLx1A9rzQxoC3PwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds) so get that $2 crap out of here. Installing locks capable of keeping an armed intruder out, while safely letting school children out in the event of an emergency, that can be monitored from multiple locations on every exterior door of every school in the country is a several billion dollar project.

Despite that, I'd probably say spend the money if I thought it was going to keep our kids safe, but it won't. Locks fail. A shooter can tailgate in. A shooter could shoot himself in (unless we're barring all windows too). A shooter can hit the school at recess. A shooter could target a park, a high school football game, a hospital, a mall, a residential neighborhood, a public beach, an office building, hell we had one in a f*cking graveyard earlier today. We can't make our world into an armed fortress, it is impossible. What other countries have proven is that with a little regulation, you can greatly reduce the amount of mass shootings and the casualties per mass shooting.

My daughter is 2 years old. She's not even 2 and a half. We just potty trained her over memorial day weekend. She's just starting to grasp counting. She still needs us to sing her a lullaby bed every night. Last week, she had to participate in an active shooter drill. At f*cking 2 years old. Does that seem normal to you? Is that acceptable that we have reached a point in our society where we would rather teach 2 year olds what to do in the event that a gunman comes in and tries to kill them rather than enact any level of gun control? This past week I have had to come to terms with the fact that every day my daughter goes to school for the next 16 years, there is a not negligible chance that she may be shot at school. Longer if we have another kid. That's not acceptable.

Criminalize AR-15s and their like. Require training, testing, and a license to own a firearm. Ban private sales, require all firearm purchases to go through registered sellers. Require annual mental health screenings for gun owners and that their license be renewed every decade or so. Put in a mandatory month delay between the purchase of and receiving a firearm. Give judges the power to revoke a firearms license with good cause. All of these would be a great start.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2022, 09:55:50 PM »
First off, $2 doesn't even cover a third of the cost of a cheap padlock (https://www.acehardware.com/departments/hardware/safety-and-security/padlocks/50140?store=14366&gclid=CjwKCAjwv-GUBhAzEiwASUMm4iecqMnh2Wf-u4ESG6GrpcIeBlfM2LiFIYxBhAsu1U2rQLx1A9rzQxoC3PwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds) so get that $2 crap out of here. Installing locks capable of keeping an armed intruder out, while safely letting school children out in the event of an emergency, that can be monitored from multiple locations on every exterior door of every school in the country is a several billion dollar project.

Despite that, I'd probably say spend the money if I thought it was going to keep our kids safe, but it won't. Locks fail. A shooter can tailgate in. A shooter could shoot himself in (unless we're barring all windows too). A shooter can hit the school at recess. A shooter could target a park, a high school football game, a hospital, a mall, a residential neighborhood, a public beach, an office building, hell we had one in a f*cking graveyard earlier today. We can't make our world into an armed fortress, it is impossible. What other countries have proven is that with a little regulation, you can greatly reduce the amount of mass shootings and the casualties per mass shooting.

My daughter is 2 years old. She's not even 2 and a half. We just potty trained her over memorial day weekend. She's just starting to grasp counting. She still needs us to sing her a lullaby bed every night. Last week, she had to participate in an active shooter drill. At f*cking 2 years old. Does that seem normal to you? Is that acceptable that we have reached a point in our society where we would rather teach 2 year olds what to do in the event that a gunman comes in and tries to kill them rather than enact any level of gun control? This past week I have had to come to terms with the fact that every day my daughter goes to school for the next 16 years, there is a not negligible chance that she may be shot at school. Longer if we have another kid. That's not acceptable.

Criminalize AR-15s and their like. Require training, testing, and a license to own a firearm. Ban private sales, require all firearm purchases to go through registered sellers. Require annual mental health screenings for gun owners and that their license be renewed every decade or so. Put in a mandatory month delay between the purchase of and receiving a firearm. Give judges the power to revoke a firearms license with good cause. All of these would be a great start.

I honestly don't know what sources to believe these days, but what's the true data on school shootings public vs private?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2022, 10:11:11 PM »
I honestly don't know what sources to believe these days, but what's the true data on school shootings public vs private?

Trying to figure out why that matters.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2022, 10:17:00 PM »
Trying to figure out why that matters.

Maybe they have different security measures? 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2022, 10:22:27 PM »
So one door, but multiple emergency exits? Will these emergency exits be magic portals?

FWIW, my HS had 2, maybe 3, emergency exits I recall that had no door handles on outside.  You simply could not open from the outside.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2022, 10:31:02 PM »
Maybe they have different security measures?

Maybe.

I guess you need to do some googling, Muggs.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2022, 10:39:03 PM »
Maybe.

I guess you need to do some googling, Muggs.

I think we could do more to secure our schools with electronic systems or what have you.  I can't see us adopting an Israeli model but I think we can learn a few things  about how they operate their doors and locks.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2022, 10:40:00 PM »
FWIW, my HS had 2, maybe 3, emergency exits I recall that had no door handles on outside.  You simply could not open from the outside.

Otherwise known as MAGIC PORTALS, Pakuni is being intentionally difficult.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2022, 10:42:54 PM »
Victim in Brooklyn subway shooting sues gun maker Glock

https://apnews.com/article/shootings-new-york-lawsuits-city-56488e48bed6c5e04a24690d98e8a2bb

NEW YORK (AP) — A woman wounded in last month’s mass shooting on a New York City subway filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the maker of the handgun allegedly used in the attack and its parent company, accusing the firearm manufacturer of “reckless disregard for human life.”

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2022, 10:50:12 PM »
Burn, baby, burn.
We need common sense fire control NOW!!
All Lives Matter