Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This team's character will truly be revealed Tuesday night  (Read 2060 times)

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
This team's character will truly be revealed Tuesday night
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:24:37 PM »
Why? Because it's the first time all year this team has faced any real adversity. Your character is truly revealed when things aren't going your way. I can't wait for Tuesday night.

79Warrior

• All American
Re: This team's character will truly be revealed Tuesday night
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »

Nova will be a real battle. They are playing much better lately.  I think it will be very tough to win @ Nova Tuesday.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »
I don't know about adversity but Nova is playing some real good basketball right now.  It will be a big time battle on Tuesday and with our loss to South Florida, this game is HUGE.  Winner will have the inside track of snagging that double bye.  Nova does not have any more games against Pitt, Louisville or UConn.  Toughest games left, on the road against West Virginia and Syracuse, now that ND has fallen off the map.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:46:09 PM »
I think this a BS argument, about MU showing there "true" character on Tuesday.

If we lose, is the character of this team being a bunch losers?  If we lose, should we just pack it in, and not bother the with rest of the games?

Is this Nova game important, yes! Is it the end all, be all of our season? 
No.

I think character is built over a season, not just one game.  MU showed character against NC State, against Nova, at Providence, and at ND.  And hopefully they will show some on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 08:52:16 PM by reinko »

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »
Like I said when we played Villanova the first time, Marquette and Villanova are even teams that match up well and I think the home team, regardless of who it is, wins this matchup 80% of the time.  We won when the 80% likelihood was ours, lets hope Tuesday is our 20%, the same way Friday was USF's 5%.

I agree with reinko that you cannot call any individual game a test of character, at least not before the game even begins.  Sometimes you just don't play well and sometimes you play really well and the same holds true for the other guys and character doesn't necessarily have a thing to do with it.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:42:05 AM »
MU played hard and with character against USF ( albeit with poor shooting and, perhaps poor shot selection); but, the guys played with "character".  why will Tuesday be any different.