Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just another reason to hate the badgers  (Read 22489 times)

klyrish

• All American
Re: Just another reason to hate the badgers
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »
I have a headache after reading that article.  >:(

If your not a lawyer yet please tell me your going to be one. Make sure you sit around some rodent fans at this year's game. :D
hahahaha just a simple English major.

Typical Platteville grads.
hahahaha actually, they're almost all UWM or Oshkosh

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
I mean I can handle and dismiss the fairly silly, erroneous claims such as the comparison of a MU basketball fan/UW football fan to being a Michigan football/OSU bball fan. I mean that's just flippantly stupid as is the overlooking of OSU and Penn state being not being in the picture next year for Big Ten Football.

BUT when he goes and mocks the MU band and our fight song, that's when I get pissed. Your feud is not with us, the band, of which I am a committed member. I greatly anticipate our team beating the living the crap out of the badgers at home, and me getting to watch it all courtside.

UW honestly has one of the most boring basketball teams to watch. Sure Bo Ryan coaches great defense, but come on! A game in the 50's where most of the baskets made are layups and 10 footers, is not my idea of an entertaining game. WE ARE MARQUETTE!!

JD

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »
Can i write an article about UW-Madison and politics on this board?
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 07:26:12 PM »
There are also 345 other D1 teams to cheer for. :) Just sayin.

Except we're talking about football, so there's only 118 others.

Regardless, their article is basically a weak rip-off of the AE article they're referencing. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
hahahaha just a simple English major.
hahahaha actually, they're almost all UWM or Oshkosh

The same UW-Zero grads who rioted when UW went to the Final Four?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 11:39:30 PM »
I am a known badger everything hater and I'm a little upset about giving that website another hit.  Almost jealous?  NO not in the slightest.  I envy nothing about booger nation.  I've been to the kohl hole and let me say that our fans have no right about our fans sitting on their hands during games because I've seen the PGA tour get louder than that place.  They probably think it's disrespectful to the players that are trying to communicate to each other that there is only 3 seconds left on the clock so you better pass to some player MU passed on from port or a big shooter that won Mr BBall from some uncompetitive hick state to hoist a three.  They have a commanding 6-5 lead in the series since the emperor took over which will be evened up this year and in all honesty i only care about the year before so to me the series is 1-0 us.   I think Derrick Wilson said it best last year "Scoreboard Mother F*cker." 

that really got out of hand quickly 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7tgX_Uaqs&feature=related

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 11:53:08 PM »
I get pilloried every time I mention this, buuutttt,

There are many MU fans that enjoy Badger football.  It is the only game in town if you like D1 football.

70 degrees, sunny Saturday fall afternoon.  Just sayin.

That being said:

I was at the Badger bb game last year, great seats, with not another MU fan within 50 seats.  Nothin better that walkin out of the Kohl hole that day, high fivin all the MU fans out on the concourse.

I made a special point to walk around the Kohl Center about 5 times doing that lol....Best feeling ever!

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:10 AM »
The Plateville grads usually arent the big Badger clingers. Oshkosh would be the worst when it comes to UW Hyphens who for some reason support the badgers and act like they go there. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »
The Plateville grads usually arent the big Badger clingers. Oshkosh would be the worst when it comes to UW Hyphens who for some reason support the badgers and act like they go there. 

I remember my sister (who was freshman at Zero in March 2000) calling me in tears saying she was scared because people are going crazy on the streets in front of her dorm and the police were wearing gas masks.  I asked her what was going on (thinking 1995 all over again), and she said it had something to do with the Badger basketball game.

I started laughing hysterically and hung up the phone... she has yet to forgive me.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 09:25:39 AM »
I laugh at this...hard!

I don't think it is much of an assumption...they do realize of the 6 in their division two of the teams are ineligible to play in the B1G Champ game...and the others are Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois.  If they aren't assuming they are going to the championship game, yikes!

I wrote that BEFORE the Penn State sanctions, and still had no idea about the odds of Bucky winning their division. I just went with the concept of "there's definitely no reason for Badger fans to be anywhere else, so they'll want tickets."

My favorite part was the Evel Knievel style logic jump from "Bucky fans won't be traveling to the B1G title game" to "Marquette fans cheer for Bucky football."
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »

Wow, quite the Marquette elitist we have here. Such an ignorant statement. People have tons of different reasons for following a team. There's tons of people who love Marquette basketball who haven't gone there. Same for UW.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »
Also you guys shouldn't even get worked up over that article. I'm a die hard UW fan, but that article served no purpose.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
I get pilloried every time I mention this, buuutttt,

There are many MU fans that enjoy Badger football.  It is the only game in town if you like D1 football.

70 degrees, sunny Saturday fall afternoon.  Just sayin.
Milwaukee to Madison = 78.9 miles
Milwaukee to Evanston = 80.1 miles.
An extra 1.2 miles is well worth it to avoid the stench of Badger.

Just sayin ... Go Cats.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 07:40:34 PM »
Wow, quite the Marquette elitist we have here. Such an ignorant statement. People have tons of different reasons for following a team. There's tons of people who love Marquette basketball who haven't gone there. Same for UW.

I actually love Marquette fans that did not go to Marquette.  They in fact are my favorite Marquette fans but a lot of them that I know did not go to any college and they dont pretend like they went to MU.   My friend dates a UW-Zero alum and I have seen her wear Badger stuff but never any Zero gear.    If I meet Milwaukee Grads they are always wearing MKE stuff, UWGB might have the most pride for the directional UW's.  But Oshkosh is just the worst

augoman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 12:39:09 AM »

Just sayin ... Go Cats.

I'm with ya brother..., recently renewed my season tickets.  Looking forward to some great futbol in fall.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 04:47:44 AM »
'Cats rockin' the new unis.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 07:01:56 AM »
Gotta admit, I didn't know about the Avalanche, despite the fact that the first college football game I ever went to was MU-HC. I always thought references to the 'Lanche on this board referred to a certain institution on Wells St.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 07:57:31 AM »
Also you guys shouldn't even get worked up over that article. I'm a die hard UW fan, but that article served no purpose.

Quoted for emphasis.

This entire thread is terrible.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »

Just sayin ... Go Cats.

Oconomowoc to Madison = 40 miles
Oconomowoc to Evanston = 90 miles

Where did you grow up Pakuni?

augoman

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »

can't speak for Pakuni, but Augoman was raised in Milwaukee, lived in Detroit (gasp) for a few years (work) had an office in Lombard, IL for a few years (while living in Oconomowoc) and has lived in Oconomowoc for 35 years. 
Might be twice the distance to Evanston as Madison, but it's twice as nice to be there.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »

In an undisclosed Chicago suburb.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 11:34:50 AM »
In an undisclosed Chicago suburb.

There you have it.  You gravitate to the familiar.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »
Cheer for Northwestern? 

Why not just go outside and beat your head against a building.  Its just as fun.

feedback