'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hey, maybe HE will not be a one and done after all  (Read 3877 times)

GGGG

• All American
Hey, maybe HE will not be a one and done after all
« on: October 15, 2015, 12:39:37 PM »
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-10-15/salary-cap-rookie-contract-structure-first-round-pick-2016-nba-draft

DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THIS BECAUSE I HAVE THE READING SKILLS OF A NEWBORN PUPPY!!!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:10:56 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

fjm

• All American
Re: Hey, maybe HE will not be a one and done after all
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »
I don't know what to believe anymore!
But I do know that either way, he'll be an MU alum when he hits the Association and we get to gloat about it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 12:52:41 PM »
Hmmmmm, interesting
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
Tweet this link to Henry....  ;)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 12:56:39 PM »
Wow, that'll definitely make the next draft and who decides to declare interesting. Could also lead to an absolutely stacked 2017 class.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
Wow, that'll definitely make the next draft and who decides to declare interesting. Could also lead to an absolutely stacked 2017 class.

Which means a top ten 2016 pick could become a top twenty 2017 pick if many players decided to wait a year, so the dollars may not be much better by waiting.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »
Nevermind.

I misread the article.  The 2017 rookie scale won't be growing along with the rest of the cap.  The point of the article is that rookies will be significantly cheaper than they were in previous years when compared to the overall cap.

Sylvester78

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »
If it was true. the larger draw to leave is to get 1 year closer to the second contract. That's where the real $$ comes.

Unlike most here I don't pretend to know what HE will do. But if he stays where he is projected he and his parents would be foolish to turn their back on that kind of $$.

I do think it plays to our advantage that white Americans don't exactly flourish in the NBA.  To some extent the success or lack thereof for the 2  Becky players will have an effect on HE's stock.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »
I do think it plays to our advantage that white Americans don't exactly flourish in the NBA.

I don't think this will have anything to do with it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
Nevermind.

I misread the article.  The 2017 rookie scale won't be growing along with the rest of the cap.  The point of the article is that rookies will be significantly cheaper than they were in previous years when compared to the overall cap.

AKA, he has even more incentive to leave and get closer to the 2nd massive contract he'll get.

He gowne.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »
Nobody knows for sure. He could want to make money, he could want to play with his brother for 2 years, the bottom line is nobody here knows what hank wants. Let's just enjoy the season.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »
Nevermind.

I read it the same way you did initially.  It's saying that rookie minimums may rise in the 2017 CBA so players might be better off if they wait until 2017 to enter the draft.  Rookies who lock in contracts at rookie scale in 2016 will not rise with the caps, so they will be grossly underpaid relative to the veterans.  What am I missing?
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 03:37:40 PM »
AKA, he has even more incentive to leave and get closer to the 2nd massive contract he'll get.

He gowne.

Agreed. Make a couple million & not go to class

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »
I read it the same way you did initially.  It's saying that rookie minimums may rise in the 2017 CBA so players might be better off if they wait until 2017 to enter the draft.  Rookies who lock in contracts at rookie scale in 2016 will not rise with the caps, so they will be grossly underpaid relative to the veterans.  What am I missing?

These sentences:

"While the value of rookie contracts has become common knowledge in the league, the 2016 NBA Draft will take this to another level. The NBA’s collective bargaining agreement does not tie the rookie scale (or many other exceptions such as the mid-level and the bi-annual) to the salary cap, so they will stay at their specified level through the massive cap increases fueled by the national TV deal."

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 06:36:18 PM »
Nobody knows for sure. He could want to make money, he could want to play with his brother for 2 years, the bottom line is nobody here knows what hank wants. Let's just enjoy the season.

Well, he came here, so ice cream obviously.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 01:40:56 AM »
Well, he came here, so ice cream obviously.

Excellent post.  Really made me laugh