[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MU82
[Today at 12:54:04 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Archdiocese of New Orleans  (Read 164 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Archdiocese of New Orleans
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:27:07 AM »
'Succession' actor bashes the Bible, calls religion a bad influence on humanity: 'People are so stupid'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/succession-actor-bashes-bible-calls-religion-bad-influence-humanity-people-stupid

But what does Ja Rule think?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:53:28 AM »
'Succession' actor bashes the Bible, calls religion a bad influence on humanity: 'People are so stupid'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/succession-actor-bashes-bible-calls-religion-bad-influence-humanity-people-stupid

Meh.
Logan Roy was a great TV character, but why should anyone care about Brian Cox's take on religion any more than that of a football player who thanks God for his game-winning touchdown?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:02:19 AM »
Agreed. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:26:03 AM »
Meh.
Logan Roy was a great TV character, but why should anyone care about Brian Cox's take on religion any more than that of a football player who thanks God for his game-winning touchdown?

But I do appreciate Brian Cox take on Buffalo’s fans.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2020/09/this-day-in-dolphins-history-bryan-cox-gives-the-one-finger-salute-to-buffalo/

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:44:08 AM »
OK folks, let's be realistic.

As much as the Roman Catholic Church talks about being created by Jesus and the Popes come straight down from God Him/Herself, the church consists of human beings. Human beings make mistakes, commit sins (both mortal and venial) and do things to which we should be ashamed.

That's as true in religion as it is in government, business, social services and every other element of human endeavor.

For too long, our Church has protected the institution of organized religion rather than the folks its supposed to protect -- the children of God. We've changed an awful lot in the last 150 years and inevitably, our church will change more as God reveals more to us. But to dump religious belief and the beauty that this belief is in its most basic form because of bad actors rejects a lot of what our world should be about.

As a practicing Roman Catholic, I still believe our church as a lot to learn about people and about what God has given us. But years ago, my high school was basically the center of priestly pedophilia while I was there. Several of my classmates were affected. But, there were so many fine people that I knew were incredible people of faith that I accepted their teaching and their view of the world, even as we knew some things were very wrong around us. Simply put, you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7 on: Today at 11:57:43 AM »
As a practicing Roman Catholic, I still believe our church as a lot to learn about people and about what God has given us. But years ago, my high school was basically the center of priestly pedophilia while I was there. Several of my classmates were affected. But, there were so many fine people that I knew were incredible people of faith that I accepted their teaching and their view of the world, even as we knew some things were very wrong around us. Simply put, you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

This paragraph is…something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:00:36 PM »

As much as the Roman Catholic Church talks about being created by Jesus and the Popes come straight down from God Him/Herself, the church consists of human beings. Human beings make mistakes, commit sins (both mortal and venial) and do things to which we should be ashamed.

That's as true in religion as it is in government, business, social services and every other element of human endeavor.

For too long, our Church has protected the institution of organized religion rather than the folks its supposed to protect -- the children of God. We've changed an awful lot in the last 150 years and inevitably, our church will change more as God reveals more to us. But to dump religious belief and the beauty that this belief is in its most basic form because of bad actors rejects a lot of what our world should be about.

Bloodsuckers.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:41:02 PM »
Meh.

Fair.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:46:23 PM »
Dgies,

It’s not the Catholic belief or the parishioners that are the problem.

It is the organized crime aspect of the leadership. Historically, the Vatican has been evil whether we’re talking 1,000 years ago, 500 years ago or85 years ago. Why ANYONE would choose to be led by a group of pedophiles is beyond me.

Off subject - but how does autocorrect change Dgies to Shoes?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: Today at 02:00:41 PM »

I wouldn’t let a child be alone with a priest
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback