Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Josh Crittle sorta likes SIU  (Read 2807 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] Josh Crittle sorta likes SIU
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:45:06 AM »
Josh Crittle sorta likes  SIU
Per the SIU Daily Egyptian, 6'8" PF Josh Crittle enjoyed his visit to Carbondale last weekend but identified conference affiliation as a cause for concern.

"The only thing I really don't like is the conference," said Crittle, a senior at Hales Franciscan High School in Chicago. "I feel like they're too good for their conference. I think they should be in a bigger and better conference."

Hmmm. Add in Crittle's concern about the remote nature of Kansas State....

"It's just in the middle of nowhere," he said. "It's just like there's nothing around there, it's just Kansas State in that city."

....and you'd have to figure that MU remains a front-runner for the talented big fella.

Once again Marquette seems to have many of the attributes that Crittle craves from a university. When factoring in the opportunity for immediate playing time as a freshman, the proximity to home, and perhaps his familiarity (and appreciation of?) a Catholic education -- it is plain to see why Crittle has consistently listed MU as a favorite for his signature. He'll visit MU next month.

While Frank Ben-Eze emerged as Crean's priority recruit to replace Ousmane Barro in the middle, Crittle's skills and size would be a welcome addition to a program with only a pair of young PFs, the undersized combo of Mbakwe and Hazel. A group anchored by Ben-Eze, Crittle and Mbakwe, supported by high-energy minutes from Hazel would certainly be an upgrade over the frontline rotations Tom Crean has been stuck with for the last several seasons.

Crittle still lists MU, Oregon, Minnesota, Kansas State and SIU as his final five. Oregon is an interesting wild card here. Ernie Kent already secured verbals from Chicago's Matt Humphrey and Michael Dunigan -- can he complete the trifecta this fall? MU fans hope not.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2007/09/josh-crittle-sorta-likes-siu.html
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:47:00 AM by mu_hilltopper »

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Josh Crittle sorta likes SIU
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 05:01:26 PM »
i'm guessing its the vibrant carbondale nightlife that caught crittle's eye

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 06:53:45 PM »
that's like saying the vibrant Platteville nightlife...Wal-mart and house parties.  :)

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:03:51 PM »
glad you caught on to the sarcasm muwarrior...altho, subtract walmart from the equation and i don't see much of a difference from MU

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »
Marquette still has downtown Milwaukee, which last time I checked, is slightly better than downtown Whitewater.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 11:23:58 PM »
Yeah, house parties for Freshmen.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 08:24:25 AM »
glad you caught on to the sarcasm muwarrior...altho, subtract walmart from the equation and i don't see much of a difference from MU

There's quite a bit of stuff to do in downtown Milwaukee for MU students. Not as much during the winter months but if ya actually try to find stuff to do, it's pretty easy.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 09:42:09 AM »

There's quite a bit of stuff to do in downtown Milwaukee for MU students. Not as much during the winter months but if ya actually try to find stuff to do, it's pretty easy.

Every campus (including UWW, SIU, etc. etc) has "stuff" to do.

I mean, not every campus is blocks from from a major city, but every campus has its own charm and stuff to do... and it's a safe bet that every school in the country has a decent place to get pizza and a beer.

I guess it all just depends on the individual and their hobbies and needs. If you are into classical music and fine art, well, then SIU probably isn't the place for you. If you are just looking for a nice place where the beer is cold and the people are nice, well then any of the smaller "college town" schools would be just fine.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »

Freshman year - Angelo's
Sophomore year - The Corner and other Water St. bars
Junior year - Caffrey's and Murphy's
Senior year - Every bar in Milwaukee

There's plenty of things to do besides house parties.  But who doens't like house parties?

augoman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
Notre Dame's isolation is one of the reasons my daughter chose Northwestern.  Marquette's location is considered choice by many- I've asked alums I run into all over the country why they went there and often get the proximity to a 'good' downtown as a reason

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 01:39:44 PM »
That and a basketball program that from what I saw was very good and could get better were the reasons I came. It was here or Platteville and like I said earlier, not much to do out in SW Wisconsin...that's according to the tour guides on their campus too