[Today at 11:28:28 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: POTUS - COVID Positive  (Read 38349 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: POTUS - COVID Positive
« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2020, 06:09:01 PM »
He just tweeted a video of himself from WRMC.  He looks pretty good.  Suit coat, open collar. I wouldn’t know he was sick. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

reinko

• All American
« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2020, 06:30:01 PM »
Yes, totally normal, and this seems 100% accurate.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2020, 06:37:34 PM »
Yes, totally normal, and this seems 100% accurate.

Lol I thought the same thing. Locked up in my bedroom or locked up in a hospital room. Tough choice.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:27:42 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »
He just tweeted a video of himself from WRMC.  He looks pretty good.  Suit coat, open collar. I wouldn’t know he was sick.

That was the fake Trump Soros hired as part of the deep state coup to install Sharia Law
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2020, 06:58:57 PM »
Only the best people...

@jaketapper: The president is in the hospital with COVID-19 and the White House is putting out zero guests for the Sunday shows to explain what’s going on while also forcing administration health experts to cancel pre-planned interviews.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2020, 07:03:53 PM »
Very early on in this I indicated that the most likely therapeutic to deliver a major boost to fighting this disease were the monoclonal antibody cocktails. I indicated they could be scaled up fast if needed.

Trump was given one of those drugs and seems to being doing well. Problem is, it won't be available to the rest of us anytime soon.

This was a major strategical error. As part of operation "warp speed" the government should have invested in the production of these antibody cocktails months ago, and did parallel phase 1/2 trials like they did for the vaccines. Had they done so, we could have millions of doses or Regeneron and similar medicines available right now, or very shortly.

This wasn't done.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2020, 07:05:49 PM »
Lol I thought the same thing. Locked up in my bedroom or locked up in a hotel room. Tough choice.

Was that his hospital justification or him saying why he kept going to events? I took it as the latter.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2020, 07:17:35 PM »
Very early on in this I indicated that the most likely therapeutic to deliver a major boost to fighting this disease were the monoclonal antibody cocktails. I indicated they could be scaled up fast if needed.

Trump was given one of those drugs and seems to being doing well. Problem is, it won't be available to the rest of us anytime soon.

This was a major strategical error. As part of operation "warp speed" the government should have invested in the production of these antibody cocktails months ago, and did parallel phase 1/2 trials like they did for the vaccines. Had they done so, we could have millions of doses or Regeneron and similar medicines available right now, or very shortly.

This wasn't done.

While we can’t make up for lost time, maybe this whole situation will accelerate govt investment in this area...

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2020, 08:53:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1312534750725201920?s=21

Trump coughed here after the word “therapeutics” and it was edited out using the morph cut feature in @AdobePremiereCC

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2020, 08:56:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1312534750725201920?s=21

Trump coughed here after the word “therapeutics” and it was edited out using the morph cut feature in @AdobePremiereCC

I was wondering what that was.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2020, 09:10:57 AM »
Trump faked a photo of him “working” from the hospital.  https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1312589379945275393

It’s also become clear that the Rose Garden ceremony Trump hosted without social distancing and masks was a superspreader event.

Now that’s just great leadership in a crisis.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #186 on: October 04, 2020, 10:48:49 AM »
Sounds like he is doing well. Still not completely out of the woods but it’s looking good.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #187 on: October 04, 2020, 10:53:54 AM »
We need to check the use of "super spreader." 

How about .. under 5 = minor spreader
10-20 - regular spreader
21-30 - super spreader
31+ hyper spreader.  nucear?  godzilla?

Let's get on this.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2020, 11:15:47 AM »
What’s 5-10?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #189 on: October 04, 2020, 11:28:13 AM »
Sounds like he is doing well. Still not completely out of the woods but it’s looking good.

Not that this doctor has ever given out less than accurate info, but medical folks are pointing out some discrepancies in his treatment.

So dexamethasone was found to be beneficial ONLY in patients on a ventilator OR on oxygen. NOT on patients who don't need oxygen. There was even the possibility of harm in that patient population.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Craig_A_Spencer/status/1312783564111568896

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2020, 11:32:09 AM »

Typically most patients do not develop severe enough disease to warrant hospitalization until day 5-8 of the illness. We are only at day 4, that we know of, so although he is doing well caution should be observed.

Severe illness that warrants ICU care can take up to 2-weeks to occur. The question going forward is to how his body will respond as the disease progresses.

So far so good, likely due to the best care in the world.

edit: A turn for the worse here would be an incredibly bad sign. At this point they've exhausted all treatment options. So if things get worse, they don't have any more weapons to deploy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 12:16:25 PM by forgetful »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2020, 11:57:52 AM »
The doctor said expected findings.

From a radiologist friend:

As a radiologist who was been diagnosing and monitoring Covid-19 patients since March ...

The "expected findings" in Covid-19 are multi-focal ground glass opacicities (GGOs). To simplify - He has Covid-19 viral pneumonia. That's why they put him on the steroids too.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2020, 01:57:02 PM »

That seems to contradict what his docs are saying.

Trump’s oxygen levels dropped and he was given dexamethasone, potentially signaling a ‘severe’ case of Covid-19

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/04/world/trump-covid-live-updates?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#trumps-oxygen-levels-dropped-and-he-was-given-dexamethasone-potentially-signaling-a-severe-case-of-covid-19

Once you have had O2 sats that low at any point, there is a very real risk for a relapse 7-10 days out.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »
That seems to contradict what his docs are saying.

Trump’s oxygen levels dropped and he was given dexamethasone, potentially signaling a ‘severe’ case of Covid-19

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/04/world/trump-covid-live-updates?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage#trumps-oxygen-levels-dropped-and-he-was-given-dexamethasone-potentially-signaling-a-severe-case-of-covid-19

Once you have had O2 sats that low at any point, there is a very real risk for a relapse 7-10 days out.

So why was the update from his doctor today he may be discharged from WR as soon as tomorrow?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:15:11 PM by HutchwasClutch »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2020, 02:16:40 PM »
So why was the update from the White House doctor today he may be discharged from WR as soon as tomorrow?

Yes, why is the important question a WH doctor (not a Walter Reed physician), may say these things.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
So why was the update from his doctor today he may be discharged from WR as soon as tomorrow?

The same reason they announced he would go to the hospital after the markets closed on Friday.  They're doing whatever they can to keep uncertainty / panic down.  And I think most admins would do the same. 

The proof is in the pudding.  If Trump is home by Monday / Tuesday, he probably has a good chance of resuming a normal workload.  If he's still there Tuesday night, that's a big tell.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
Even if you have the view that the administration is giving us good information, I find it hard to pick out Which of it to believe. Meadows, the team of white coats that got the start point ‘wrong’, the guy says he wanted to reflect the positive message of the White House?   

I’m still following the doctor community outside the White House and assume we will know what happens after the fact from journalists.  In seven months it hasn’t been a bad strategy. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:47:49 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »

This sums it all up perfectly where things stand today.  The rest of the conjecture is as always the left trying and hoping to find scandal and make political points. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2020, 03:03:17 PM »

First, the doc said he "may" be discharged tomorrow. Nothing definitive.

Second, even if he is discharged, he will go to a place that has a nicely equipped hospital unit and a team of docs watching him 24/7.

Third, many patients have been discharged, only to return in far worse condition. One common denominator in many of those cases was low enough O2 saturation levels to require oxygen.

When you put all the facts together, there is plenty of reason for concern. Anyhow, I'm just giving my read. Choose to pay attention to - or ignore - the facts as you like.

Either way, I hope he recovers. No American is well-served by having the President hospitalized.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 03:05:08 PM by GooooMarquette »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2020, 03:04:26 PM »
This sums it all up perfectly where things stand today.  The rest of the conjecture is as always the left trying and hoping to find scandal and make political points. 

Oh don’t get me wrong. He knew the virus was deadly, encouraged people to act recklessly which resulted in thousands of deaths, and fell victim to his own recklessness.

It looks like he will survive. But he’s a reflection of his own failures.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow