[Today at 04:38:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: POTUS - COVID Positive  (Read 38253 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: POTUS - COVID Positive
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2020, 07:42:22 AM »

He literally attached the screenshots to his post.

See them now. I’m on my phone and screenshots don’t show up unless I go the post/ thread.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2020, 07:49:14 AM »

Daughter accused her of lying.  No news account had a thing about that and I read through 3 or 4 different ones. 

So whether Kellyanne lied falls on if you believe at fave value and suspending all skepticism the rantings of a 15 year old privileged brat. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2020, 07:51:19 AM »
Daughter accused her of lying.  No news account had a thing about that and I read through 3 or 4 different ones. 

So whether Kellyanne lied falls on if you believe at fave value and suspending all skepticism the rantings of a 15 year old privileged brat.

Kellyanne Conway and the Trump Administration have been paragons of truth and transperancy. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2020, 07:52:14 AM »
See them now. I’m on my phone and screenshots don’t show up unless I go the post/ thread.

In conclusion, my post wasn't nearly all a lie, or, in fact, any of it.

Is this where I'm supposed to say stick to practicing reading screen shots?

The bigger picture of course is the long term pattern of downplaying COVID-19 all year, behaving recklessly, and encouraging others to do so. Why? For personal power and $$$.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2020, 07:56:21 AM »

Really? We're still going. Really.

I believe you have gaslighted enough on this micro topic of the larger COVID-19 superspreader White House event. I'll be moving on so others can get back to that.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2020, 08:03:41 AM »
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1312129925692813312?s=19

Chris Wallace said that Trump showed up too late to the debate to be tested for COVID-19, so they relied on the honor system.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2020, 08:11:59 AM »
Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson is COVID-19 positive.

https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1312379055698837504?s=19

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2020, 08:36:13 AM »
It may just be that normal rules don't apply when you're treating POTUS. And probably shouldn't.

If anything they should be more careful with the president, I think this strategy is insane. This strikes me (admittedly without direct evidence) as a powerful guy leaning on his doctors to throw everything at it to try to recover quickly to prove how strong he is and that the virus isn't a big deal. But the doctors I respect say they wouldn't even treat themselves this way. There's a reason we run clinical trials, and it's because most drugs, even those with "bio-plausibility," have none to marginal benefit and potential safety issues. Even an approved drug that on average reduces length of hospital stay by 15% can make a big difference at the population level but if it has adverse events for 0.1% that may be a risk not worth taking for the president. The approved drugs he's taking are not indicated for his reported condition. And there certainly are no trials evaluating safety or efficacy of this crazy cocktail he's taking. Can you imagine the conspiracy theories that would come out of this if the president got sick or worse, not due to the virus per se but due to this evidence free vip medicine?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2020, 08:44:32 AM »
Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson is COVID-19 positive.

https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1312379055698837504?s=19

He'll have more time to write his fiction novel about Ukraine

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2020, 09:11:08 AM »
18 University of Notre Dame faculty members attended the White House COVID-19 superspreader event.

(Insert your own off campus party comments here)

https://twitter.com/TollyTaylor/status/1312242347216982017?s=19

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2020, 09:14:51 AM »
That Kellyanne lied is pretty much assumed. It is just about all she does. She invented the term “alternative facts.”

The real issue is that she is so immoral, she had no problem knowingly exposing others to a deadly disease.

Similarly ...

Her boss has done a lot of terrible things these last 4 years, but an argument can be made that this was the very worst:

He knowingly exposed friends and supporters of his to a deadly virus just to extract money from them.

Think about how bad that is. What kind of human being would do such a thing?

It was an indefensible, evil, possibly criminal act.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2020, 09:17:55 AM »
If anything they should be more careful with the president, I think this strategy is insane. This strikes me (admittedly without direct evidence) as a powerful guy leaning on his doctors to throw everything at it to try to recover quickly to prove how strong he is and that the virus isn't a big deal. But the doctors I respect say they wouldn't even treat themselves this way. There's a reason we run clinical trials, and it's because most drugs, even those with "bio-plausibility," have none to marginal benefit and potential safety issues. Even an approved drug that on average reduces length of hospital stay by 15% can make a big difference at the population level but if it has adverse events for 0.1% that may be a risk not worth taking for the president. The approved drugs he's taking are not indicated for his reported condition. And there certainly are no trials evaluating safety or efficacy of this crazy cocktail he's taking. Can you imagine the conspiracy theories that would come out of this if the president got sick or worse, not due to the virus per se but due to this evidence free vip medicine?

I find it highly unlikely the doctors at Walter Reed are giving POTUS a potentially dangerous treatment regimen against their will.
I mean, you say "Can you imagine the conspiracy theories" in a post in which you're proffer a conspiracy theory. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »
I find it highly unlikely the doctors at Walter Reed are giving POTUS a potentially dangerous treatment regimen against their will.
I mean, you say "Can you imagine the conspiracy theories" in a post in which you're proffer a conspiracy theory.

Doctors said he weighed 239 lbs and was in the best shape of any president too.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2020, 09:45:44 AM »
18 University of Notre Dame faculty members attended the White House COVID-19 superspreader event.

(Insert your own off campus party comments here)

https://twitter.com/TollyTaylor/status/1312242347216982017?s=19

Notre Dame sucks.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2020, 09:46:56 AM »
Doctors said he weighed 239 lbs and was in the best shape of any president too.

Totally the same thing!
But hey, believe what you want. A bunch of the nation's top doctors are violating their Hippocratic Oath and endangering their patient's life for partisan reasons. Makes perfect sense.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »
Notre Dame sucks.

Thankfully something we can all agree on.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2020, 09:58:34 AM »

Totally the same thing!
But hey, believe what you want. A bunch of the nation's top doctors are violating their Hippocratic Oath and endangering their patient's life for partisan reasons. Makes perfect sense.

Agree that it's far-fetched. I have represented docs for years, and have consistently advised that they are under no obligation to provide every treatment a patient demands, and have strongly advised against treatments the doc thinks are ill-advised.

The only caveat here is if the docs at Walter Reed are also members of the military. On the one hand, they have their professional obligations (and liability concerns) as physicians; but on the other they might have an obligation to comply with orders from a senior officer in the chain of command. And the Commander in Chief is as senior as they get. [Insert bone spur joke here.] I honestly don't know how this works in military facilities if a senior military official 'orders' ill-advised care, but I can see it as a possible dilemma. Could they be forced to choose between a possible malpractice lawsuit or a court martial? Again - I honestly don't know.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »
Shockin' dat nun of y'all r ant sayin' dat Trump, Melania, and Hope contracted da chit via a 3 way, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2020, 10:23:08 AM »
Shockin' dat nun of y'all r ant sayin' dat Trump, Melania, and Hope contracted da chit via a 3 way, hey?

Not really. In fact, I would’ve been more surprised if anyone other than you or keefer said that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2020, 10:41:42 AM »
The president that is "For America" intentionally showed up late to the presidential debate so he wouldn't be tested for a virus that is killing hundreds of thousands of people in America, then mocked his opponent for wearing a mask to help stop the spread of this virus during the debate, and now is hospitalized because of this virus and people all over the White House and his campaign are getting the virus. For America, baby.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »
The president that is "For America" intentionally showed up late to the presidential debate so he wouldn't be tested for a virus that is killing hundreds of thousands of people in America, then mocked his opponent for wearing a mask to help stop the spread of this virus during the debate, and now is hospitalized because of this virus and people all over the White House and his campaign are getting the virus. For America, baby.

Don't forget he went to a fundraiser knowing he was positive and receiving treatment

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2020, 10:58:53 AM »
Agree that it's far-fetched. I have represented docs for years, and have consistently advised that they are under no obligation to provide every treatment a patient demands, and have strongly advised against treatments the doc thinks are ill-advised.

The only caveat here is if the docs at Walter Reed are also members of the military. On the one hand, they have their professional obligations (and liability concerns) as physicians; but on the other they might have an obligation to comply with orders from a senior officer in the chain of command. And the Commander in Chief is as senior as they get. [Insert bone spur joke here.] I honestly don't know how this works in military facilities if a senior military official 'orders' ill-advised care, but I can see it as a possible dilemma. Could they be forced to choose between a possible malpractice lawsuit or a court martial? Again - I honestly don't know.

They also have a duty not to obey an unlawful order. Whether providing dangerous medical care qualifies as a lawful order, I don't know, but it's not as simple as "do what the president says."
Regardless, unless you think the doctors are all lying, it seems as if Trump's condition is improving and he's not currently in peril.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »

Really this isn’t the place to post about your fantasies.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2020, 11:10:33 AM »
Don't forget he went to a fundraiser knowing he was positive and receiving treatment

Seems he might have been positive at the debate and told no one? Crazy

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2020, 11:13:54 AM »
Also from the doctors' news conference this morning, Trump's positive test appears to have occurred sometime Wednesday, which means he spent 24+ hours campaigning, meeting with supporters and staffers, etc., all while infected.

And now Chris Christie has it.