[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Don't ever use Vivid Seats  (Read 450 times)

Coleman

• All American
Don't ever use Vivid Seats
« on: November 10, 2023, 12:49:01 PM »
What a joke this business is. Big group of us are going to the Notre Dame game Dec 9. I bought 14 seats in 2 groups (10 and 4) on October 31.

Of those, only 4 tickets have been transferred to my marquette ticketmaster account so far. To make it even more confusing, those 4 came from the 10 ticket order, not the 4. Vivid is saying the other 6 have been delivered, but they never came through.

And the final 4 tickets will be delivered "by December 8," which is not very reassuring.

Just wanted to warn everyone out there, Vivid is a nightmare to deal with, so avoid. I initially tried to order directly from Marquette but there were no groups of tickets big enough.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Don't ever use Vivid Seats
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 12:54:50 PM »
Wait till day of call customer service rang about the inconvenience and they'll refund your whole order and credit your account. Happened to me seeing CCR John Fogarty at Ravinia this past summer. Got my $300 back and a 250 give card to my account
Maigh Eo for Sam

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 12:56:42 PM »
Wait till day of call customer service rang about the inconvenience and they'll refund your whole order and credit your account. Happened to me seeing CCR John Fogarty at Ravinia this past summer. Got my $300 back and a 250 give card to my account

I'm not even concerned about the money. We have people in our group coming in from out of state. I need to know before the day of the game whether we have seats or not.

Did you actually get your tickets?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 01:15:00 PM »
I'm not even concerned about the money. We have people in our group coming in from out of state. I need to know before the day of the game whether we have seats or not.

There will be seats.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 01:19:51 PM »
This is not unique to Vivid. These sites rely on the seller to release the tickets after they are sold. 99.9% they are eventually released and the buyer gets them.  It sucks. but in today's day and age, a company's limited customer service center is not going to prioritize something that is 30 days away.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 01:49:02 PM »

2/6 worked the other ones scanned but said "already scanned". The poor gate lady felt bad and let us in. That probably wouldn't happen at the fiserv though so definitely reach out to customer service in advance.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 07:17:54 PM »
I dislike the way Vivid Seats won't release the tickets until a day or two before events, even if I buy them months in advance. And obviously I don't love their outrageous fees, which you don't see until you sign in and give all kinds of information. I haven't had the kinds of problems Coleman and Galway described, though. I have always gotten all of my tickets, and always delivered together. Just had to wait.

I've been using TickPick more recently. Got tickets for ND and NMD home games and Butler road game already delivered to me, and the price you see on the site is the price you pay. They build the fees in, of course, but at least you know what you're paying up front. Each time, they beat Vivid Seats' prices; beat StubHub's, too.

I did use Vivid Seats for the game at Xavier, though, so hopefully there will be no snafus.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 08:44:38 PM »
I use for waste management golf…that’s it.  Seem to be ok but does make me a little nervous waiting until a week prior to get tix  I get the clubhouse passes and they ain’t cheap but we’ll worth it
don't...don't don't don't don't