collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[Today at 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[Today at 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Religion is Doomed  (Read 6683 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Religion is Doomed
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2023, 02:36:07 PM »
Ah hem:

A worm has been revived after 46,000 years in the Siberian permafrost

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/28/world/worm-resurrected-frozen-siberian-permafrost-intl-scli-scn/index.html

He's going to be very confused about his surroundings.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2023, 12:39:05 PM »
Before we write the obituary on organized religion, one should visit St. Clement Parish in Lincoln Park, Chicago. We're staying her for the summer in a "let's live in the city" test. So far, this first-time city living couple is having a blast.

But back on the ranch, St. Clement is the future of the Catholic Church. It's an incredibly engaged community with lots of the folks that we're not getting anymore. The parish was an incredible cross-section of youthful families, older Americans, singles and, most likely, gay and lesbian folks who don't talk about it in church.

The engagement began when two "greeters" welcomed everyone who walked up the steps and thanked us for coming. The priest was younger, energetic and his homily showed he was engaged with people in the community. He was heavily engaged as people came out of the Mass -- greeting and talking with everyone as the parish did coffee and pastry on its steps. The "Clement Commitment" includes 10 percent of the collection plate to social organization in its community.

The real secret is the engage people on their level and back into religion and to stand for what Jesus did. That's what these people have done and its an amazing comparison with our suburban parish that was really comparatively morbid.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2023, 12:46:53 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2023, 01:33:08 PM »
It sounds great.    On the other hand.....

https://news.yahoo.com/prayerful-consideration-kc-area-catholic-100800306.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Please let me know how that reflects the word of God!

Sad.

After having reread the entire story, what's particularly sad is that how few of the folks in that yo-yo's pews actually subscribe to every possible teaching of the Roman Catholic Church? I'm guessing very few.

Let's take the obvious, birth control! When I was young, the average Roman Catholic family had four or more children! The wagon trains of seven to 10 children were common. Betcha this moron of a priest has very few wagon trains in his parish! Catholics use birth control at the same rate as Protestants, ignoring church teaching in the process.

The guy is nuts and is a huge reason why many of the faithful are losing faith in the Church! We're all sinners, for heaven's sake, and the joy of our church is in forgiveness and letting God be God!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:50:17 AM by dgies9156 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2023, 01:34:18 PM »
Agreed.   I like your story better.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2023, 03:08:18 PM »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2023, 03:41:33 PM »
Rad Trads are insane.

Looks like that diocese has some cleaning up to do. If you don't can the radical priests, you've got yourself a radical religion.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2023, 04:00:56 PM »
Rad Trads are insane.

That is out past Morlino-ville.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2023, 08:59:31 AM »
Remember Jesus died for your sins, so if you don’t sin he died for nothing.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2023, 10:44:05 AM »
Before we write the obituary on organized religion, one should visit St. Clement Parish in Lincoln Park, Chicago. We're staying her for the summer in a "let's live in the city" test. So far, this first-time city living couple is having a blast.

But back on the ranch, St. Clement is the future of the Catholic Church. It's an incredibly engaged community with lots of the folks that we're not getting anymore. The parish was an incredible cross-section of youthful families, older Americans, singles and, most likely, gay and lesbian folks who don't talk about it in church.

The engagement began when two "greeters" welcomed everyone who walked up the steps and thanked us for coming. The priest was younger, energetic and his homily showed he was engaged with people in the community. He was heavily engaged as people came out of the Mass -- greeting and talking with everyone as the parish did coffee and pastry on its steps. The "Clement Commitment" includes 10 percent of the collection plate to social organization in its community.

The real secret is the engage people on their level and back into religion and to stand for what Jesus did. That's what these people have done and its an amazing comparison with our suburban parish that was really comparatively morbid.

I am happy that St. Clements is a successful parish.  In terms of it being the future of The Church as a whole:

1.  Where are they going to find the young, energetic priests to staff the rest of the parishes in the world?

2.  How is The Church planning to atone for the thousands of lives the actions of  their priests have destroyed to the satisfaction of many Catholics (like me) can't get over?
Have some patience, FFS.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2023, 10:53:26 AM »
If the resurrection is real, Jesus died on a Friday and came back on Sunday. This means he basically sacrificed a weekend for our sins.

Must not have been during a Roman Lion League ("RLL") weekend!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2023, 12:26:45 PM »
The priest highlighted in the Yahoo / LC article matches the profile of what I have experienced at our parish. The middle aged priests are open to change, making the church a welcoming place.  The younger generation is extremely militant in their views and incredibly close minded. 

It’s scary bc your parish is at the mercy of who the arch assigns you as pastor.  We right now are lucky but I fear my days will be numbered. 

There’s a younger of church leaders under Pope Francis looking to undo his progressive works.  I don’t see how that helps. 

It’s concerning.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2023, 12:40:15 PM »
The priest highlighted in the Yahoo / LC article matches the profile of what I have experienced at our parish. The middle aged priests are open to change, making the church a welcoming place.  The younger generation is extremely militant in their views and incredibly close minded. 

It’s scary bc your parish is at the mercy of who the arch assigns you as pastor.  We right now are lucky but I fear my days will be numbered. 

There’s a younger of church leaders under Pope Francis looking to undo his progressive works.  I don’t see how that helps. 

It’s concerning.
Ben.

At our former parish, the new-ish priest is a militant rad trad.  The bishop supports him.

Both went to school at Marquette.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2023, 12:52:00 PM »

I lived in Chicago for 12 years and St Clement is a fantastic parish.

Unfortunately, in my experience, St Clement is the exception, not the rule, in the Catholic Church.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2023, 09:51:55 PM »
Why didn't the Catholic Church think of this defense?

https://apnews.com/article/mormon-sex-abuse-de446ad8212b6ca50ecbaaf222c35e7e

An Arizona judge has dismissed a high-profile child sexual abuse lawsuit against The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, ruling that church officials who knew that a church member was sexually abusing his daughter had no duty to report the abuse to police or social service agencies because the information was received during a spiritual confession.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback