[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why is everyone so worried?  (Read 11758 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Why is everyone so worried?
« on: March 18, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »
Honestly, Marquette is the sexy upset picked by guys who watch highlights.  We know who we are.  Bilas knows who we are and we lose when we do not play within ourselves.  Bilas said during the ND game that Marquette is great at the scouting report and executing the report.  We are... most of the time.  Against ND, we got away from that and we lost.  Same deal with Davidson.  If we get paint touches, win the 50/50, be opportunistic, we will advance to the sweet 16 this year again.  If we start jacking up three's and throw silly passes, we will lose... to almost any team in the tourney. 

We know our team.  If we play within ourselves, we are very difficult to beat.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Why is everyone so worried?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »
We're worried about which team shows up to play this Thursday.  As you outlined, it's unpredictable.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »
We're worried about which team shows up to play this Thursday.  As you outlined, it's unpredictable.

HA ... very true.  If it helps anyone, we come out prepared and execute more often than not.  I am happy with the draw.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
It's amazing how many people here go off the deep end at tourney time. Other fan bases are supremely confident in their team...but not here. We could be playing my high school's JV team, and there would still be people here worried about whether MU could survive and advance.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
It's amazing how many people here go off the deep end at tourney time. Other fan bases are supremely confident in their team...but not here. We could be playing my high school's JV team, and there would still be people here worried about whether MU could survive and advance.

Your high school JV team has some great shooters, and MU always struggles against teams like that. Also, they're coached by a legend.

JD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »
Eeek, it's hard to agree with ErickJD, but i do in this case.

I was ecstatic when i saw MU's path to the S16.

Who would you rather have?
Davidson, Butler/Bucknell

Or
Northwestern St, Minnesota, UCLA

Or
Valpo, Memphis, TBD

Or
Harvard, Arizona, Belmont

I think i know which one i'd choose, and it happens to be the teams we got paired with.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »
Yeah, Buzz has got this.

LON

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »
Yeah, Buzz has got this.

"Be more athletic than them.  F*ck with them."

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »
Your high school JV team has some great shooters, and MU always struggles against teams like that. Also, they're coached by a legend.

Let's see....MU struggles with teams that are long, athletic, and push the pace. They also struggle against veteran teams that slow the pace and have good spot-up shooters.

Does that about cover it?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »
Let's see....MU struggles with teams that are long, athletic, and push the pace. They also struggle against veteran teams that slow the pace and have good spot-up shooters. play basketball

Fixed it for you.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:28 PM »

JD

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
Let's see....MU struggles with teams that are long, athletic, and push the pace. They also struggle against veteran teams that slow the pace and have good spot-up shooters.

Any team seeded higher than 16 seed sounds about right for everyone here... ::)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:49:28 PM by JDuquaine »
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 12:45:15 PM »
Yeah, Buzz has got this.

Wait a second... we're not playing Wisconsin in the 2nd round, are we?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »
Wait a second... we're not playing Wisconsin in the 2nd round, are we?

Nah, their hair is too long.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 12:57:28 PM »

Poor guy. All he's missing is a red nose and big shoes. Wonder if he does kids' birthday parties?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:06:57 PM by Groin_pull »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »
If the good MU shows up and plays buzzball for 40 minutes, MU wins.    Attack the paint off of the dribble and feed the post.   Davidson isn't athletic enough at guard or deep enough up front to stop MU if MU gets its paint touches and attacks the paint.   Defensively, have one of our 4's guard their big, and one of our 5's guard their 4.    Contest their 3's and rebound.    

Of course, this is the key for most MU games.    The question is whether or not the team does it.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
I worry, because we probably will not have Big East refs. I have no idea if it will be no blood no foul or if they will call a foul everytime you breathe on the opponent. Normally a lot of fouls would not bother me, because of our depth and we are a better then average free throw shooting team. However, Davidson makes 80% of their free throws. I would be worried even if I was a Louisville fan. They are not likely to lose, if the refs allow them to play the way they have been playing. However, somewhere in 6 games they are going to get refs that want to call fouls. Think how that would effect their defense if their opponent is already in the bonus with 12 minutes to go in half. They will be forced to back off their press. It is even worse for Louisville, because their offense is predicated on their defense.  I still believe we lost to Florida, because the refs called two quick fouls on Crowder and it seemed to me that it threw Crowder's game off and the rest of our team because we had became so dependent of Crowder and DJO.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
I worry, because we probably will not have Big East refs. I have no idea if it will be no blood no foul or if they will call a foul everytime you breathe on the opponent. Normally a lot of fouls would not bother me, because of our depth and we are a better then average free throw shooting team. However, Davidson makes 80% of their free throws. I would be worried even if I was a Louisville fan. They are not likely to lose, if the refs allow them to play the way they have been playing. However, somewhere in 6 games they are going to get refs that want to call fouls. Think how that would effect their defense if their opponent is already in the bonus with 12 minutes to go in half. They will be forced to back off their press. It is even worse for Louisville, because their offense is predicated on their defense.  I still believe we lost to Florida, because the refs called two quick fouls on Crowder and it seemed to me that it threw Crowder's game off and the rest of our team because we had became so dependent of Crowder and DJO.

No Big East refs??? Sign me up for that!

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »
Everytime we see a shaky performance, people assume it will be a wake-up call, but it oaks not.  The team plays too lackadaisical, that's why we have turnover issues.

Montana Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »

If we play like a #3 seed and they play like a #14 seed, we win.  That simple.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
Everytime we see a shaky performance, people assume it will be a wake-up call, but it oaks not.  The team plays too lackadaisical, that's why we have turnover issues.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 01:19:13 PM »
No stupid fouls 30 feet from basket.

Defense the three, which has been a huge weakness though.

Run them up and down court, they have no bench like MU.

Then its an easy win.  

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »
If we play like a #3 seed and they play like a #14 seed, we win.  That simple.

If we score more than they do, we win.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »
Everytime we see a shaky performance, people assume it will be a wake-up call, but it oaks not.  The team plays too lackadaisical, that's why we have turnover issues.

Except when we played like crap against UWGB and didn't lose for a month after that....or lost at Nova and won four in a row.

This team is capable of playing at a real high level, but when we have clunkers, we have clunkers.

feedback