Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU's side of the BET bracket....couldn't have scripted it any better  (Read 4603 times)

muguru

• All American
If Rutgers beats SJU @ home tonight....that makes SH the #10 seed and UCONN the #9 seed. So, on the OPPOSITE half of MU are:

(1) Cuse
(4) Cincy
(5) GU
(8) WVU
(9) Uconn

MU's side of the bracket:

(3) Notre Dame
(6) USF
(7) UL
(10) Seton Hall
(11) Nova

What an absolutely perfect scenario for MU to advance to Saturday night....all the tougher teams(theoretically) are on the other half of the bracket.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:48:01 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: MU's side of the BET bracket....couldn't have scripted it any better
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
Think you meant to put SH at 10, not Providence

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:48:19 PM »
Think you meant to put SH at 10, not Providence

Yep, thanks, for the catch.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »
UL is still going to be tough, especially since they will be coming off a game. Cant have that rust.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Norm

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm not wild about possibly having to play Louisville on Thursday. I think ND got the easier draw at the #3 seed.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »
http://www.bigeast.org/portals/5/fls/19400/ChampionshipCentral/Big%20East%20Men's%20Basketball/2012/2012_bracket.pdf

Official bracket, now that RU beat SJU to finalize the seeding.  UL will be a tough out, don't like playing a Pitino team in a tournament, but overall our side of the bracket is really is all we could ask for.  Kuric didn't play last time, so got to make sure we don't let him get hot from three.  If we can play like we did the final 32 minutes against them we should do well. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »
After getting dismantled by DePaul it may be in Seton Halls best interest to win a couple of games.

They may knock off UL

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »
Something is wrong with Louisville, they have failed to reach 50 the past 2 games...still doesn't make me comfortable playing them!

Norm

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »
After getting dismantled by DePaul it may be in Seton Halls best interest to win a couple of games.

They may knock off UL
Doubt it. Wouldn't be shocked if Providence beat them.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »
Doubt it. Wouldn't be shocked if Providence beat them.

Agree.  It would take a lot, I think they're dead in the water and might lose to PC.  They merely had to beat RU and DePaul to be a lock for the tournament.  They instead lost a home game to RU and got humiliated by DePaul, adding two terrible losses to their resume and probably ending their chances.  I'd be sobbing tonight if I was a SHU fan.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 10:51:45 PM »
Lets remember too Providence throttled Louisville by almost 30 earlier in the year if i remember correctly!

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 09:21:14 AM »
Providence and Seton Hall are about the same to me.  Louisville is better than both of them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »
I really want ND in the semis....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 09:40:23 AM »
I'd disagree that the BET for MU "couldn't have scripted it better."

Of the top 3 seeds (sans us) SU beat us, ND beat us, Cincy beat us, although we beat them.  Of those teams, Cincy is clearly the weakest .. so I'd rather meet up with them in the 2nd game, yet we match up with ND, a team that smoked us.  Sure, we'd all love to beat them.

Of the next 4 teams, WVU, GTown, UL, USF .. we beat all of them, but Gtown beat us once.  Pomeroy says WVU and USF are the weakest of that bunch, yet we (probably) play UL, the 2nd best of that group.

I realize UL has gone 2-4 in the last couple weeks .. two of those losses are against Syracuse, who are world-beaters.  Exclude the SU losses, and they are 2-2.  They are currently a 4 seed on the BracketProject matrix, although that's sure to be wrong.

Teams 9-15 don't really need discussing .. MU wouldn't be afraid of any of them.

I'd say the best script for MU would have been to play WVU in the first game, Cincy in the 2nd, anyone but Syracuse in the 3rd!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 12:14:44 PM »
I really want ND in the semis....

On thursday night, I will root for the team playing ND to lose.....notice my choice of words.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
On thursday night, I will root for the team playing ND to lose.....notice my choice of words.
I forget, could you remind again how you feel about ND?   ;)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »
IF we make it to the BET championship game I WANT it to be Cuse. Sure, we have a better chance of beating Cincy/Gtown/WVU/whoever. But I want to go against the team that proved themselves the best all year. We lose to them and its something to live with, beat them and its awesome!!!

Getting to the ship is the 1st task and tough enough, but I hope Cuse awaits us.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 02:23:16 PM »
I'd disagree that the BET for MU "couldn't have scripted it better."

Of the top 3 seeds (sans us) SU beat us, ND beat us, Cincy beat us, although we beat them.  Of those teams, Cincy is clearly the weakest .. so I'd rather meet up with them in the 2nd game, yet we match up with ND, a team that smoked us.  Sure, we'd all love to beat them.

Of the next 4 teams, WVU, GTown, UL, USF .. we beat all of them, but Gtown beat us once.  Pomeroy says WVU and USF are the weakest of that bunch, yet we (probably) play UL, the 2nd best of that group.

I realize UL has gone 2-4 in the last couple weeks .. two of those losses are against Syracuse, who are world-beaters.  Exclude the SU losses, and they are 2-2.  They are currently a 4 seed on the BracketProject matrix, although that's sure to be wrong.

Teams 9-15 don't really need discussing .. MU wouldn't be afraid of any of them.

I'd say the best script for MU would have been to play WVU in the first game, Cincy in the 2nd, anyone but Syracuse in the 3rd!

Meh. I don't love the Louisville match-up assuming they win, but they don't terrify me. But I want a shot a ND badly, and if we make it to the ship, I want to play Syracuse. A loss to Syracuse in the final doesn't hurt your seeding at all...and I think we can beat them.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 03:24:30 PM »
I want Louisville, Notre Dame, and Syracuse. With how things shook out, that'd be best for our RPI and give us the best shot at moving up to the 2-line.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.