collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: SMU Post Season Ban  (Read 1550 times)

State Street Warrior

• Starter
SMU Post Season Ban
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:56:10 AM »
ESPN (Goodman) is reporting SMU will have a post season ban, lose 9 scholarships over the next 3 years and Larry Brown will be suspended for 30% of the games for lack of institutional control.

I'm just shocked, shocked I tell you...

Wonder if SMU17 new this was coming too.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:04:17 AM by State Street Warrior »

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
Re: SMU Post Season Ban
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »
SMU got what they paid for - literally.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:10:38 AM »
It's always worth repeating at least one more time, but, boy, did Marquette and the C7 make the wisest and most responsible basketball decision in their programs history by separating from schools like SMU, Houston, Tulane, East Carolina, UCF, USF, and Tulsa.  Continuing to play Cincinnati and UConn, while also playing Temple and Memphis, would have been just fine - but not at the expense of those other programs.

The above listed schools tried for years to shake the stigma that they were marginalized as Conference USA-lifers, that they belonged in the power conferences and that they could compete in basketball and football.  So, what do they do?  They form a new conference called the American Conference with the same group of schools from Conference USA...   ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
SMU tried to get someone else first.....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:01:49 AM »
SMU tried to get someone else first.....

Who turned them down.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »
Proof that Buzz has too many scruples to get dragged into that cesspool. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:40:53 AM »
Nah, probably wouldn't meet his number, hey? He tried to get the Auburn gig, but lost out to Bruce.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brandx

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
One word

Craig James!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »
I just hope nobody in the history of every single place Chicos has ever worked has ever done something bad.  Not sure where he is currently working (I'm sure he'd be happy to let me know what awesome and very high up position he is in very loudly and publicly), but let's just say he's at Time Warner Cable, who has someone high up who has a very public divorce with his wife because he is cheating with his young secretary.  According to Chicos logic, that means we can all scream loudly that Chicos sleeps with his young secretary (despite the fact that he will not even look at a single Tweet by her because it's creepy for someone to even consider looking at a social media post by a just-out-of-college female).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »
SMU punished. UNC is not - so far.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 03:00:45 PM »
SMU must have the record for most sanctions for a school, or at least the most severe.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
Nah, probably wouldn't meet his number, hey? He tried to get the Auburn gig, but lost out to Bruce.

They paid Larry Brown $2.8M.  Buzz is making $2.3M.  I don't think meeting Buzz's salary requirements was why he wasn't interested.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 03:50:11 PM »
SMU must have the record for most sanctions for a school, or at least the most severe.

I believe they do have a record of being sanctioned 10 times

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »

They paid Larry Brown $2.8M.  Buzz is making $2.3M.  I don't think meeting Buzz's salary requirements was why he wasn't interested.

Maybe he was a bigger fool than we thought? Shoulda gone then, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brandx

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
Brown is a perfect 3-for-3, having worked as a head coach at just 3 NCAA Division I schools (UCLA, Kansas and SMU), yet managing to lead all 3 into a post-season ban.

Any school that hires Brown should be blamed just as much as Brown. Everyone knows what he is, but they hire him anyway.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 05:34:49 PM »

Maybe he was a bigger fool than we thought? Shoulda gone then, ai na?

He didn't really want to leave in 2012.  He wanted to leave in 2013.  What happened in between?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:10 PM »

He didn't really want to leave in 2012.  He wanted to leave in 2013.  What happened in between?

Only Chicos knows.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback