[Today at 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: And some think MU fans are sensitive??  (Read 10955 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
And some think MU fans are sensitive??
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »
The most sensitive, and in this case ignorant fans that exist are the 70% of Green Bay Packer fans that wanted Brett Farve to either lose to the Saints or lose in the Super Bowl.  See below link.
http://www.jsonline.com/polls/82366577.html?results=y&oid=4&mr=1&cid=8500544&pid=82366577

Furthermore, Bob McGinn of the Journal Sentinel writes:

Joy reigns in Packerland. Brett Favre has struck out.  Unless his extraordinary career has other chapters to write, Favre won't be going to the Super Bowl wearing the purple and white No. 4 jersey of the Minnesota Vikings. The 40-year-old quarterback reverted to his old bad Brett form Sunday night, forcing a pair of costly second-half interceptions that cost the Vikings the opportunity to win the NFC Championship Game in regulation time.

All Brett Farve did was reserruct Green Bay from the outhouse of the NFL, to the organization it is today.  Green Bay didn't want the guy back...after he lead team to 2007 NFC Championship.  The guy could still play, as evidenced by this year.  Can one person tell me why in the hell any Green Bay fans have ill-will toward the guy - when he was basically released from the Packers??  I love Aaron Rodgers, and think he is great and will be unbelieveable as a QB - but he too didn't exactly play too clutch in the AZ game - critical turnovers at beginning and end of game.

And some say MU fans are sensitive??  Sorry for the rant - for those who disagree with my position - please help me understand why my thinking is flawed?

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

KipsBayEagle

Re: And some think MU fans are sensitive??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »
Didn't aaron rodgers throw for like 400 yards and 5 td's against arizona?  I seem to recall the score being like 54 48 or something crazy.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:21:36 AM »
If you are trying to make the comparison to the way MU fans feel about Crean after he left, you are right, there are different circumstances.  However, should Packer fans really ever want Detroit, Chicago, or Minnesota to go to the Super Bowl no matter who is on the teams?

Favre was not exactly an angel as he left the Packers waiting for his decision and could never make his mind up.  But he did want to stay in Green Bay if he could have it his way, but the organization thought it was time for a change.  Crean left on his own accord.  

MU fans want to see Indiana lose to Iowa and Packer fans want to see the Vikings lose.  One could argue that both sentiments are unfounded, but MU fans wanting to see Crean lose after leaving those seniors hanging like he did has a little bit more foundation.  

I think Rogers and Buzz are better for both teams anyway.    

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
This should be in the Superbar....

But it has everything to do with how he retired...changed his mind...changed it again...changed it yet again, and decided to wage a PR battle against the franchise.  Brett Favre has been given too much of a free pass by too many people for the stunts he pulled between March and August of 2008.  For a guy I always loved as a player, it certainly left a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths.

And by the way, I was rooting against the Vikings, not because of Favre, but just because I always root against the Vikings.  I think most Packer fans were the same way.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
And some say MU fans are sensitive??  Sorry for the rant - for those who disagree with my position - please help me understand why my thinking is flawed?

Apparently some MU fans are hypersensitive.  The case-in-point is you crying about the sensitivity remark nearly a week after it initially happened.  Get over it.

LON

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:31:01 AM »
This should be in the Superbar....

But it has everything to do with how he retired...changed his mind...changed it again...changed it yet again, and decided to wage a PR battle against the franchise.  Brett Favre has been given too much of a free pass by too many people for the stunts he pulled between March and August of 2008.  For a guy I always loved as a player, it certainly left a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths.

And by the way, I was rooting against the Vikings, not because of Favre, but just because I always root against the Vikings.  I think most Packer fans were the same way.

Exactly

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »
Apparently some MU fans are hypersensitive.  The case-in-point is you crying about the sensitivity remark nearly a week after it initially happened.  Get over it.

Dude - Apparently you haven't gotten laid in some time...go get a release and let go of some of that back-up, build-up you've got going on.  I'm far from a sensitive MU fan - but had seen that written recently on this board.  Found that ironic, considering MU is in a state where 70% of Green Bay Packers fans clearly have sensitivity issues...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:45:42 AM »
Dude - Apparently you haven't gotten laid in some time...go get a release and let go of some of that back-up, build-up you've got going on.  I'm far from a sensitive MU fan - but had seen that written recently on this board.  Found that ironic, considering MU is in a state where 70% of Green Bay Packers fans clearly have sensitivity issues...

And apparently you're oversensitive when someone makes mild-mannered observations about you too. 

Congratulations on overreacting to something on the Internet.  Somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 11:20:35 AM »
Exactly

As a viking fan, I cannot blame a packer fan for rooting against the vikings.

It's the nature of any rivalry.

However, I have to admit that I'm still surprised at the amount of spite some packer fans are carrying around for Favre and/or the Vikings.

My facebook and Twitter were on fire last night with Packer fans loving that "favre lost" (please note, not many "viking comments", 95% were about "Favre losing").

I guess I understand that it sucks to watch him with a rival, but there were a lot of people really reveling in his loss (even some comments about wishing he broke his leg(s) and or wouldn't be able to walk again, etc. etc.)

I understand that Packer fans are super emotional about their franchise, but some people need to relax. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 12:03:13 PM »
The most sensitive, and in this case ignorant fans that exist are the 70% of Green Bay Packer fans that wanted Brett Farve to either lose to the Saints or lose in the Super Bowl.  See below link.
http://www.jsonline.com/polls/82366577.html?results=y&oid=4&mr=1&cid=8500544&pid=82366577

Furthermore, Bob McGinn of the Journal Sentinel writes:

Joy reigns in Packerland. Brett Favre has struck out.  Unless his extraordinary career has other chapters to write, Favre won't be going to the Super Bowl wearing the purple and white No. 4 jersey of the Minnesota Vikings. The 40-year-old quarterback reverted to his old bad Brett form Sunday night, forcing a pair of costly second-half interceptions that cost the Vikings the opportunity to win the NFC Championship Game in regulation time.

All Brett Farve did was reserruct Green Bay from the outhouse of the NFL, to the organization it is today.  Green Bay didn't want the guy back...after he lead team to 2007 NFC Championship.  The guy could still play, as evidenced by this year.  Can one person tell me why in the hell any Green Bay fans have ill-will toward the guy - when he was basically released from the Packers??  I love Aaron Rodgers, and think he is great and will be unbelieveable as a QB - but he too didn't exactly play too clutch in the AZ game - critical turnovers at beginning and end of game.

Brett Favre did not resurrect Green Bay, Reggie White did.  Never, ever forget that.

Green Bay wanted Brett back as long as Brett didn't want to jerk them around.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
However, I have to admit that I'm still surprised at the amount of spite some packer fans are carrying around for Favre and/or the Vikings.

I can't understand why fans of other teams can't understand real Packer fans reactions to Favre.

How can it not make a real Packer fan smile when Brett and "the most talented team he has ever been on" didn't win (or even make it to) the Super Bowl?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »
As a viking fan, I cannot blame a packer fan for rooting against the vikings.

It's the nature of any rivalry.

My facebook and Twitter were on fire last night with Packer fans loving that "favre lost" (please note, not many "viking comments", 95% were about "Favre losing").

I guess I understand that it sucks to watch him with a rival, but there were a lot of people really reveling in his loss (even some comments about wishing he broke his leg(s) and or wouldn't be able to walk again, etc. etc.)

I understand that Packer fans are super emotional about their franchise, but some people need to relax. 

OMG,  what about JayBee.  There may be some hypersensitivity by Packer fans, but JayBee is just delusional.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 12:56:12 PM »
I can't understand why fans of other teams can't understand real Packer fans reactions to Favre.

How can it not make a real Packer fan smile when Brett and "the most talented team he has ever been on" didn't win (or even make it to) the Super Bowl?

Smile? I guess I can get that.  

Celebrate? I dunno. I guess I'm just different than most. I don't really get it.

It's like some Packer fans are personally offended that Brett would dare wear a purple jersey. I mean, he's just a guy playing football. I swear, it seems like a good number of fans would rather have him dead than in a Vikings uniform.

I hope I'm wrong about that... but there was a lot of crap being spewed last night.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:00:59 PM by 2002mualum »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »
OMG,  what about JayBee.  There may be some hypersensitivity by Packer fans, but JayBee is just delusional.

I don't speak for JayBee, nor can I (or will I) paint broad strokes about "all Packer fans".

I'm specifically speaking about what I have seen, heard, or read.

Also, given JayBee's general style, my guess if that he uses a lot of hyperbole to fire some of you guys up.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »
Brett Favre did not resurrect Green Bay, Reggie White did.  Never, ever forget that.

Green Bay wanted Brett back as long as Brett didn't want to jerk them around.

I disagree - Reggie White NEVER would have gone to Green Bay if Brett Farve weren't there.  I would say that Reggie White was huge in further resurrecting Green Bay, but Farve was the catalyst.

I also disagree that Green Bay wanted Farve back.  Farve said as much.  Maybe he wanted to be persuaded to comeback a little, wanted to hear it from McCarthy and Thompson (when he knew in the back of his mind they drafter Rodgers, and he too saw that Rodgers was ready to play.)  Maybe he didn't want to overstay his welcome..so he retired..prematurely..but as the off season went on..he got the bug...wanted to play again..and called the Packers to say as much..at which time they moved on - and thus the drama.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
I guess Viking fans will just have to wait until they, someday, have a special player playing for them while in his prime and who becomes synonymous with the name of the team before they'll truly understand the level of betrayal felt by many Packer fans.

More on topic, I, as a Packer fan, was happy the _Vikings_ lost.  I've lost a lot of my animosity towards Favre so that didn't really play into it.  I actually feel bad for the guy a bit, just like any other person on teams that lose hard fought games... someone has to lose and it sucks to put that much effort into something and not get the win.  But the Vikings (the team) losing means I'll likely hear a lot less of the annoying crowing for the next 35 weeks.  I felt the same way about Dallas losing (considering I live in the Dallas area).
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »
I guess Viking fans will just have to wait until they, someday, have a special player playing for them while in his prime and who becomes synonymous with the name of the team before they'll truly understand the level of betrayal felt by many Packer fans.

More on topic, I, as a Packer fan, was happy the _Vikings_ lost.  I've lost a lot of my animosity towards Favre so that didn't really play into it.  I actually feel bad for the guy a bit, just like any other person on teams that lose hard fought games... someone has to lose and it sucks to put that much effort into something and not get the win.  But the Vikings (the team) losing means I'll likely hear a lot less of the annoying crowing for the next 35 weeks.  I felt the same way about Dallas losing (considering I live in the Dallas area).

That seems totally reasonable to me.

Maybe I've just been running into the crazies. I had an acquaintance say: "He's dead to me. I hope they never retire his number and I hope he breaks his legs and can never walk again."

He meant it.

Yikes.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
And apparently you're oversensitive when someone makes mild-mannered observations about you too. 

Congratulations on overreacting to something on the Internet.  Somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

Your perceptions of what I've written are so off-base, you are clearly delusional. To clear the air - I could care less that MU fans have been called over-sensitive.  I found it ironic, MU fans have been called such (probably by a lot of UW fans/Wisconsin residents), yet these same people are unbelieveably sensitive over the whole Farve issue.

I am a Green Bay fan, was born in WI, graduated Marquette in 97, and have lived in Texas ever since.  From the outside looking in, the way Packer fans have handled the Farve situation, makes 70% them look ignorant.  I do understand not wanting to see your division rival (Vikings) do great, but once GB is out of the playoffs and so long as Farve isn't playing against GB - it only seems reasonable to me to support or cheer for a QB who did so much for your franchise.  But then again, my guess is that you are probably in that Ignorant 70%..with you being the most ignorant of the bunch.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
Your perceptions of what I've written are so off-base, you are clearly delusional. To clear the air - I could care less that MU fans have been called over-sensitive.  I found it ironic, MU fans have been called such (probably by a lot of UW fans/Wisconsin residents), yet these same people are unbelieveably sensitive over the whole Farve issue.

I am a Green Bay fan, was born in WI, graduated Marquette in 97, and have lived in Texas ever since.  From the outside looking in, the way Packer fans have handled the Farve situation, makes 70% them look ignorant.  I do understand not wanting to see your division rival (Vikings) do great, but once GB is out of the playoffs and so long as Farve isn't playing against GB - it only seems reasonable to me to support or cheer for a QB who did so much for your franchise.  But then again, my guess is that you are probably in that Ignorant 70%..with you being the most ignorant of the bunch.

I just don't want the Vikings to do well...ever.  If that makes me ignorant in your eyes, so be it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »
I disagree - Reggie White NEVER would have gone to Green Bay if Brett Farve weren't there.  I would say that Reggie White was huge in further resurrecting Green Bay, but Farve was the catalyst.

So Reggie White, one of the biggest free agency signings of that decade based his decision because of this one season by Lorenzo?  I disagree.
                                         GP     GS   Com   Atte  Com%     Yds     TD's    Int  Qb rtg.
1992   Green Bay Packers    15    13   302   471   64.1        3,227     18     13   85.3   

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »

I don't think rooting against the Vikings makes people ignorant.

I think people personally wanting Favre to receive some sort of punishment and/or taking pleasure in said punishment makes them seem spiteful and a little ignorant.

Maybe in the next 15-20 years GB will fall back to the pre-Favre levels and GB fans will realize how great he was. OR maybe GB will be even better without him and he'll become a mere footnote to A. Rodgers HOF career.

Time will tell...

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 01:38:20 PM »
So Reggie White, one of the biggest free agency signings of that decade based his decision because of this one season by Lorenzo?  I disagree.
                                         GP     GS   Com   Atte  Com%     Yds     TD's    Int  Qb rtg.
1992   Green Bay Packers    15    13   302   471   64.1        3,227     18     13   85.3   

Man replace Packers with Bears and those are some of the greatest number ever in Chicago.  I kid, but only because it is not far from the truth.   :'(
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »
Packers fans are a different breed of (sub-?) human.  There are many that feel personally affected in their daily lives due to Favre's achievements with Minnesota and the fact that he had a great year.  Some of these Packers fans will tell you that it's physically painful and hurts their guts to watch Favre in purple (but the pain is probably more due to their tight pants and extraordinary brat intake).

As we all know, Brett Favre single-handedly resurrected Green Bey from the depths of crappiness.  Then, GB's management and fans shat on him to show their thanks.  Sad.  I was unsure whether or not I could like the man, but he has proven to be a top notch competitor and a great teammate.  Even if he never plays another game, I'm glad we had him here this year.  SKOL VIKINGS!

The offseason should be interesting for us... QB situation... the draft... EJ Henderson's rehab... Pat Williams-coming back?...   Chester... Antoine back to 100%... Percy's migranes... Leslie Frazier... these are some of the stories we'll be discussing in Vikings-land.

And Green Bey folks will talk about the normal stuff... how awful of a man Brent Favre is... how even though they've been to the playoffs fewer times than Minnesota, how far greater their 'franchise' is... how beautiful the long, blonde hair of their players is... what a great deal Old Country Buffet is... how they wish that sharp looking Packers scale at Wal Mart went up to 400 pounds... etc.  With most of the discussions led by Chewy.  

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 01:51:47 PM »

I just don't want the Vikings to do well...ever.  If that makes me ignorant in your eyes, so be it.

It probably isn't right for me to label anyone as ignorant, so let me apologize for that.  I personally don't want the Vikings to do well either..and another made a great point - that in losing - at least we wouldn't have to hear them crow about winning this game/possibly Super Bowl for 35 weeks.  I guess my big thing is that it bothers me that so many Green Bay fans have so much venom/anger toward Farve -when the guy played his A$$ for 16 years, took them to 2 Super Bowls, had only 1 losing season under him, multiple division championships, NFC championship games, etc. Prior to his arrival, what had Green Bay been for 20 years?  Just seems to me we owe him some gratitude, at very least..he doesn't deserve the hate or anger many fans seem to have toward him.  I believe that in his initial retirement he wasn't exactly forced out, but that McCarthy and Thompson certainly weren't asking him to stay..probably were luke warm at best toward him staying for 2008..

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »
Wisconsin is the schadenfreude capitol of the universe right now.   

I'd wager to say that the level of delight from the woe of others has never in human history been as high as it is today.  The glee so many have displayed today because of a Favre-lead Viking team lost is off the charts.