collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: US Economy thread  (Read 16731 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: US Economy thread
« Reply #650 on: Today at 01:17:27 AM »
Right. Maybe people are doing great but just think they’re doing poorly. Just their imagination.

Never said that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #651 on: Today at 05:47:51 AM »
Fluff

I am happy to see you could straighten Lenny out with that hard hitting post at 1am. Hopefully you were able to get some rest after sending it. I hope Lenny knows you mean business and you are ready to correct him 24/7.

• All American
« Reply #652 on: Today at 07:34:04 AM »
Fluff

I am happy to see you could straighten Lenny out with that hard hitting post at 1am. Hopefully you were able to get some rest after sending it. I hope Lenny knows you mean business and you are ready to correct him 24/7.

You should tell your friend to stop lying.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #653 on: Today at 07:50:27 AM »
In reading this thread I am surprised on the backlash for Herman. I have never met Herman, but his business insight has been outstanding over the years. He has provided big picture insight based off of his remarkable career and I have found it to be the best on scoop. In addition, his dedication to MU is obvious and I am thankful that he takes time to post on scoop. I am sure he has far bigger things in his business life to do over posting on scoop.

#thanksherman

LOL. Yes, sometimes he forgoes his lunches with Jamie Dimon in order to post more links from the NY Post, that's how much he loves MU.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #654 on: Today at 07:58:07 AM »
Fluff

I do not believe my friend said that you were saying that. He offered up a comment, but I am sure you are right.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #655 on: Today at 08:31:51 AM »
This discussion is the same as the one on guns. Rs don’t want laws because they won’t stop every shooting.

Lenny and Rs don’t like one of the best economies in history because it hasn’t helped every single person.

WPW - white people whining.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #656 on: Today at 09:00:03 AM »
This discussion is the same as the one on guns. Rs don’t want laws because they won’t stop every shooting.

Lenny and Rs don’t like one of the best economies in history because it hasn’t helped every single person.

WPW - white people whining.

Jockey

Personally, I don’t mind the economy even a little. Things have worked out better than I could have hoped and I’m grateful.

However, when 67% of the country thinks otherwise I think you’re being myopic to attribute the dissatisfaction to white people whining.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #657 on: Today at 09:15:29 AM »
Jockey

Personally, I don’t mind the economy even a little. Things have worked out better than I could have hoped and I’m grateful.

However, when 67% of the country thinks otherwise I think you’re being myopic to attribute the dissatisfaction to white people whining.

I was told facts aren't supposed to care about feelings. Is that no longer the mantra?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #658 on: Today at 10:22:47 AM »
I was told facts aren't supposed to care about feelings. Is that no longer the mantra?

The feelings aren’t without facts behind them. Mortgage rates are have almost tripled, home prices and rents are through the roof, gas at the pump has doubled and a McDonald’s meal that cost $6 a few years ago now costs around $15. And our debt has soared. Etc., etc., etc.

You and the administration may dismiss all of this (and more) and claim that all is seashells and balloons re the economy but the vast majority of the people are calling BS. They trust themselves to judge whether they’re better off now than they were BJ (Before Joe). You evidently don’t think average Americans are capable of making that determination. I disagree with you.

• All American
« Reply #659 on: Today at 10:28:41 AM »
Objectively more people are employed and are making more money even when inflation is taken into consideration than in November of 2020.

I think the subjective feelings around prices are impacting people more than the feelings around income.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #660 on: Today at 11:31:31 AM »
Objectively more people are employed and are making more money even when inflation is taken into consideration than in November of 2020.

I think the subjective feelings around prices are impacting people more than the feelings around income.

Objectively the economy was pretty much shut down in November of 2020.

I think that makes whatever point you were trying to make meaningless.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #661 on: Today at 12:30:34 PM »
The feelings aren’t without facts behind them. Mortgage rates are have almost tripled, home prices and rents are through the roof, gas at the pump has doubled and a McDonald’s meal that cost $6 a few years ago now costs around $15. And our debt has soared. Etc., etc., etc.

Cherry picking data is no way to give an accurate picture of the economy, Lenny.

1. This is true.
2. Median home prices have fallen about 12.5% the past two years.
3. Median rents also are down over the past two years.
4. Gas prices have only doubled when you compare it to the lows of the pandemic, which is an interesting point for you to choose given your earlier response to Fluffy (guess your point is meaningless, huh?). And a period, as we all know, of great economic prosperity. (Food for thought ... maybe gas prices aren't an indicator of economic splendor). They were $2.80 a gallon in April 2019; $3.60 in April 2024.
5. No, the price of a McDonald's meal hasn't grown 150% in the past few years.
6. Debt is virtually meaningless as an economic indicator. But given your concern, do you agree that the way to address the national debt is the only way it's been done successfully for 50+ years?

You and the administration may dismiss all of this (and more) and claim that all is seashells and balloons re the economy but the vast majority of the people are calling BS. They trust themselves to judge whether they’re better off now than they were BJ (Before Joe). You evidently don’t think average Americans are capable of making that determination. I disagree with you.

Lenny, hero of the common man.
Sorry, I stick to facts and data.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:01:17 PM by Pakuni »