Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 482756 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1200 on: April 12, 2020, 10:59:23 AM »
Might not be the right thread, but putting McEwen in the same group as Chartouny is not quite fair.  His shooting number everywhere but from the line were disappointing, but he still averaged 10 points, 5 boards and 3 assists with an injured hand, and being either the best or second best on ball defender.  Chartouny averaged 3 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists, while losing the backup PG position to a combination of Sacar and Sam, when Markus got hurt.  Their relative levels of success at MU are not even close IMO.

Id have taken Chartouney over Koby last year.  Kobys worst trait didnt really show up in the stats in that ball movement stalled in his hands.  Chartouney had more PG instincts in him in that the ball moved n was more often on time and on target.  Koby really really hurt us last year.  Additionally Chartouneys defense was as good as Kobys. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1201 on: April 12, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
Id have taken Chartouney over Koby last year.  Kobys worst trait didnt really show up in the stats in that ball movement stalled in his hands.  Chartouney had more PG instincts in him in that the ball moved n was more often on time and on target.  Koby really really hurt us last year.  Additionally Chartouneys defense was as good as Kobys.

This is wrong
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1202 on: April 12, 2020, 11:09:24 AM »

Very much disagree, Chartouny had some nice moments in the non-conference, but dropped off a cliff once conference play started.  @Gtown, when Markus got hurt three minutes into the game, Chartouny was only able to claim 11 minutes.  13 points, 9 assist total from the end of January through the remainder of the season (12 game sample size).  Definition of a player that couldn't cut it once the level of competition stepped up.

Koby's shooting percentages were poor, but he helped in other areas.  9 boards against STJ, 11 against BU and Nova each, 8 assist against CU, 9 against Gtown. 
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1203 on: April 12, 2020, 11:13:53 AM »

Wooo. That is a bad basketball thought right there.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1204 on: April 12, 2020, 11:17:41 AM »

Wow.  Some dumb things have been said on this board, but this ranks among the dumbest.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1205 on: April 12, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
I dont think Theo took any minutes away from Ed.  Theo is no world beater.  Ed was at times atrocious, the minutes were there to be had.

They played the same position. Wojo didn't use any two-big in 2018-19 and barely used it last year. To get minutes, he had to get them ahead of Theo. Ed was certainly really bad at times, but he was basically the same guy we recruited from Nebraska (a little less efficient last year, but left halfway through the season so a small sample size).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1206 on: April 12, 2020, 11:23:59 AM »
We can agree to disagree.  Koby was a traiwreck.  With a capable PG MU is 13-5 in BE last yr or better
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #1207 on: April 12, 2020, 11:33:57 AM »
Do we know the times of their decisions tomorrow?

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #1208 on: April 12, 2020, 11:38:44 AM »
We can agree to disagree.  Koby was a traiwreck.  With a capable PG MU is 13-5 in BE last yr or better

You’re using the record to support your argument? Impressive. I think when DJover posted “13 points, 9 assist total from the end of January through the remainder of the season (12 game sample size).” You lost the argument. It’s quiet time, take a lap.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1209 on: April 12, 2020, 11:45:37 AM »
One thing on Turner...One of his former teammates at Bowling Green-Jeff Uju is currently a student in MU's dental school  ;)

Eye'll cee watt eye kan due, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1210 on: April 12, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
Well sure, getting none would be a "nightmare scenario", but I'm not expecting that to happen. Just saying, on the surface when you are a finalist for two of the top 5-10 transfers available, given who you are up against for them(keep in mind this isn't Duke, Kansas etc) not landing even one of them(Burton/Turner) would be incredibly disappointing I'd say. Maybe "nightmare scenario" is too strong, but disappointing. Does that mean I would slam Wojo for it. Nope. Carton and DeJulius would be solid, very solid, but to me just not as good as it could be potentially(at least as how things sit right now). Can we agree on that??

Thanks for backing off saying it's a "nightmare situation" if we get 2 of the 4 transfers we're after, because that was just plain silly.

As for what we can agree on ... if you are right about each player's ability, maybe. But I saw Carton excel against Kentucky and Nova as well as a couple of clips of him in highlights; he looked like a stud at times. I saw Dejulius play really well against Maryland but the other time I saw him he looked a little lost. I haven't seen one second of Burton or Turner. It seems lots of good programs want all 4 of these players, and I have no reason to doubt the judgment of Beard, Prohm, Martin, etc. I'd be thrilled with any 2 of them.

I'm glad all of these decisions will be made in a matter of hours so we can stop speculating on them. If something happens to make all of them delay their choices, THAT would be my nightmare scenario!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1211 on: April 12, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
Gang, Coach Wojo has to do something.

He’s got a set of three really wonderful recruits in Oso, Garcia and Fields, but so much uncertainty at the guard spot that we don’t know whether someone can step up. If we get any of the Top 3, we’ve got a shot at a pretty good team next year. Without a top transfer, we’ve got a problem.

If we get a transfer and Karim Mane, WOW.

What we offer is playing time — lots of it — and the chance to be surrounded by some very good recruits. Yeah, other schools offer some variant of this, but I suspect none have quite the combination we do, especially if Fields is as good as promised. The biggest weakness we have is Wojo Coaching up and getting our talent to the next level.

I’m down but not out on Koby. He was injured and he was trying to find his place in a Markus-centric offense. I’m a little more optimistic only because the offense going into next year has to be more distributive and multi-faceted. The good news is that our opponents can’t double or triple any one player.

Ultimately, my hope is a transfer is a bridge between now and Dexter Akanno stepping up. And that Dexter and Karim are 2021-2022’s starting guards.

Lost me at Fields.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1212 on: April 12, 2020, 12:36:49 PM »
Time to get bunker cleaned up and ready
Goal is National Championship

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1213 on: April 12, 2020, 12:53:36 PM »

This isn't feasible due to current social distancing requirements 8-) Also, there isn't much point in going to the bunker if we aren't certain if there's a need to be there...we are gonna have to learn more solid intel first.  :P
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #1214 on: April 12, 2020, 12:58:22 PM »

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #1215 on: April 12, 2020, 01:00:37 PM »

Sorry but not close. Koby single handedly won us the Purdue game and kept us in Butler. Chart didn’t come near to the same production. Don’t let you Koby hate blind your basketball judgement.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1216 on: April 12, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »

For multiple reasons?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1217 on: April 12, 2020, 01:16:30 PM »
This isn't feasible due to current social distancing requirements 8-) Also, there isn't much point in going to the bunker if we aren't certain if there's a need to be there...we are gonna have to learn more solid intel first.  :P
Always be negative, hey?
Goal is National Championship

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1218 on: April 12, 2020, 01:44:12 PM »

Eye'll cee watt eye kan due, hey?

Please dew doc, hey

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1219 on: April 12, 2020, 01:45:54 PM »
Burton just started following an asst Coach from Teas Tech on instagram  :-\

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #1220 on: April 12, 2020, 02:03:21 PM »
Sorry but not close. Koby single handedly won us the Purdue game and kept us in Butler. Chart didn’t come near to the same production. Don’t let you Koby hate blind your basketball judgement.

Nobody needs to compare Koby to Chartouny to understand he was not a good basketball player last year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1221 on: April 12, 2020, 02:07:20 PM »
Burton just started following an asst Coach from Teas Tech on instagram  :-\

He’s gone.  Onto the next
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #1222 on: April 12, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
He’s gone.  Onto the next

reporting for duty

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1223 on: April 12, 2020, 02:18:25 PM »
May be telling how MU is feeling about tomorrow...still reaching out to guys...

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
5m
Southern Miss. transfer Gabe Watson has heard from Maryland, Marquette, Georgetown, Colorado State, Tulane, Tulsa, Mississippi State, San Diego, amongst others, he told @Stockrisers

Has two years of eligibility remaining. Averaged 13 points per game on 40% shooting.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1224 on: April 12, 2020, 02:27:07 PM »
May be telling how MU is feeling about tomorrow...still reaching out to guys...

Jake
@jakeweingarten
·
5m
Southern Miss. transfer Gabe Watson has heard from Maryland, Marquette, Georgetown, Colorado State, Tulane, Tulsa, Mississippi State, San Diego, amongst others, he told @Stockrisers

Has two years of eligibility remaining. Averaged 13 points per game on 40% shooting.

Never stop recruiting.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:05:36 PM by Pakuni »

feedback