collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Take notes Section 106...  (Read 10018 times)

GOMU1104

• All American
Take notes Section 106...
« on: January 13, 2008, 09:18:11 PM »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Take notes Section 106...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
Haha I love it!  Is this sloppy enough?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:55:09 PM »
I've seen better dance moves at a bar mitzvahs.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »
First challenge is getting the BC to play "Ho Sit Down"

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »
Second challenge is to get a bunch a white boys to dance like they are black

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:34:12 PM »
That was great. 

It would help our student section to have some fun and unique ways to get into the game.  All we have is a copy of UW football's "Jump Around" and generic, boring chants led by the cheerleaders, mostly notably the "Let's go Marquette" chant which dies everytime because half the students are following the cheerleaders and the other (arguably smarter) half does their own version.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 12:56:51 AM »
My brother and I have been talking about this...

Imagine: 2nd TV timeout in the 2nd half, 4,000 Marquette students dancing like strippers to Nelly's "Flap Your Wings"

"Drop down and get yo (golden) eagle on"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gylAZ7Ocui4

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 01:09:04 AM »
these are the greatest things ever... ridiculously intense, I would be frightened to receive 5 fouls there.  Very creative and unique.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »
All we have is a copy of UW football's "Jump Around"
Does anybody know for certain who copied off whom on this? I'm not a college football fan, so I don't claim to know for sure ... but I know the MU student section has done this dating back to at least 1999, if not before. I don't know when UW began it, but the first instance I ever heard of was in like 2001.

It's a moot point in a lot of ways, because it's not like jumping around to a song called "Jump Around" is particularly inventive, but I'm curious ...

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 10:59:52 AM »
All we have is a copy of UW football's "Jump Around"
Does anybody know for certain who copied off whom on this? I'm not a college football fan, so I don't claim to know for sure ... but I know the MU student section has done this dating back to at least 1999, if not before. I don't know when UW began it, but the first instance I ever heard of was in like 2001.

It's a moot point in a lot of ways, because it's not like jumping around to a song called "Jump Around" is particularly inventive, but I'm curious ...

I am a huge Badger hater and "Jump Around" is a UW-Madison thing. They are known for it around the country. MU totally ripped it off, just like they did the big heads.
But I like to throw handfuls...

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »
my friends and i were talking about it at the ND game. How sweet would it be if they played Dropkick Murphy's "I'm Shipping Up to Boston"? Timed right... this would blow the roof off the building... at least the student section... or at least the drunk students.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 10:58:38 AM »
my friends and i were talking about it at the ND game. How sweet would it be if they played Dropkick Murphy's "I'm Shipping Up to Boston"? Timed right... this would blow the roof off the building... at least the student section... or at least the drunk students.

That's a very good idea. However, Marquette will look at it as, "What does Boston have to do with Marquette?" and "The CD is titled 'Warrior's Code? We can't have that!"

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »

That's a very good idea. However, Marquette will look at it as, "What does Boston have to do with Marquette?" and "The CD is titled 'Warrior's Code? We can't have that!"
Don't know that song, so I Googled the lyrics ...

I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I climbed up the topsails
I lost my leg
I'm shipping up to boston
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To find my wooden leg
I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I lost my leg
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To fing my wooden leg

??? ??? ???

Chili

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 11:49:19 AM »

I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I lost my leg
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To find my wooden leg
I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I lost my leg
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To fing my wooden leg

??? ??? ???

Then why comment if you dont know the song? Go get if off of a torrent then comment. I also dont know if that is the right Dropkick song. I would love Kiss Me I'm crapfaced but the sure as hell ain't going to fly. Amazing Grace is one of my favorite songs. Or Barroom Hero.

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »

I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I lost my leg
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To find my wooden leg
I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I lost my leg
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To fing my wooden leg

??? ??? ???

Then why comment if you dont know the song? Go get if off of a torrent then comment. I also dont know if that is the right Dropkick song. I would love Kiss Me I'm crapfaced but the sure as hell ain't going to fly. Amazing Grace is one of my favorite songs. Or Barroom Hero.

Am just looking for some insight about why this would be a great song to play. Not saying it's not, but it's not obvious as to why from the lyrics ...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 12:34:03 PM »
You could try listening to the song then... :o

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 03:40:42 PM »
i didnt think about the album being entitled 'warriors code'. but still it would get everyone pumped up.

what does 'cotton-eyed joe' have to do with marquette?
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Chili

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
One thing I do believe they should start playing at games is the video clip from Tommy Boy where Farley says "It's go time". They played this once back in like 2001 and it is still a favorite of mine.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 04:11:03 PM »
i would love to see that.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 04:42:36 PM »
any chris farley mayhem would be great to see on the jumbotron

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
One thing I do believe they should start playing at games is the video clip from Tommy Boy where Farley says "It's go time". They played this once back in like 2001 and it is still a favorite of mine.

They brought that back in 2004. Farley clips (Holy Schnikes was also one), a Braveheart clip, and a couple others were used. They would use one per game, late in the second half. Awesome idea that has not been seen since that season.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 06:54:49 PM »

They brought that back in 2004. Farley clips (Holy Schnikes was also one), a Braveheart clip, and a couple others were used. They would use one per game, late in the second half. Awesome idea that has not been seen since that season.

Never liked the Braveheart one. And it wasn't the Holy Schnikes one either but I do remember that. I want the "It's go time!".

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 08:34:38 PM »
Tribby-- to answer your question, the song is (IMO) just a great combination of fires you up and makes you want to dance like a fool.

I agree it would be a great song, and Farley clips would be sweet as well.

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 08:48:19 PM »
Tribby-- to answer your question, the song is (IMO) just a great combination of fires you up and makes you want to dance like a fool.
Thanks drew, that's all I was asking ...